Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I did look for the Pantene but was in a rush and didn't see it! I'll try get it next time, have indeed heard it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

The Pantene shampoo is excellent, really leaves your hair feeling clean, fresh and light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got a few bits recently...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMMqF_2-cpJJJwepxi08xUfKB6jG7_hVgxHRbuDOAHpD8WGAbg

This day cream from boots was only about a fiver. You get a huge pot so it'll last ages. It certainly does a great job of mattifying and it feels light and easily absorbable. It smells like mandarins which I like. I had been using an oil free moisturiser from the same range before they repackaged it and I'm delighted that this one is just as good at keeping my spots at bay. I've never had clearer skin (had been using clinique 3 step for about 2 years previously- money down the drain :( )

Also got the garnier bb cream for oily/combo skin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS33ZOso-5VMCZMHfiSfakzoCGP6VwnmCHIoo76BKmWynD4I_hBMQ

I've no doubt this isn't a true bb cream (although I don't know quite what they are) but I wanted to try this out to see if it gave enough coverage for going to work and stuff. I have to say I love it! It takes about 4-5 hours before this starts to look shiny on me. I love the coverage it gives. I always thought I needed a lot of coverage for redness but I'm more than happy with just this on. I do pop a powder or bronzer over the top though, cos it kinda blanks out my colouring and makes me look a little flat. Think I might try tinted moisturiser next...

Also got a whole load of inglot shadows.....super excited about them! Love love love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I bought Loreal Infallible foundation at the weekend I really like it! I got the colume mascara too and its great stuff. I also got a free Loreal kit with a lip gloss, two nail varnishes and a really nice eyeliner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Popped into Dealz and picked up 3 of these in a box for €1.49.
    Stilaangellightfoundationpoundlanddealz.jpg"> Pic from WhatLarryLoves

Stila Angel light whitening powder

Also picked up the Stila oil free tinted moisturizer in warm for when I'm tanned.

Words can not explain how much I love Dealz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Popped into Dealz and picked up 3 of these in a box for €1.49.
    Stilaangellightfoundationpoundlanddealz.jpg"> Pic from WhatLarryLoves

Stila Angel light whitening powder

Also picked up the Stila oil free tinted moisturizer in warm for when I'm tanned.

Words can not explain how much I love Dealz!!

What dealz was this? Not the first time Dealz has been mentioned on the thread. I don't really like the one in Cork, I have never seen any good beauty stuff in there and there always seems to be huge queues:(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

lindtee wrote: »
    What dealz was this? Not the first time Dealz has been mentioned on the thread. I don't really like the one in Cork, I have never seen any good beauty stuff in there and there always seems to be huge queues:(

Newbridge in Kildare. They always have loads of Sally Hansen lip and nail stuff, Revlon and Rimmel. Few weeks ago they had the Paris Hilton false eyelashes by Eyelure. Again words cannot express how much I love there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Went shopping today and picked up a few things:

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in 'Rendevous' (already LOVE)
    Vichy Dermablend Liquid Foundation in 'Opal'
    Dove Summer Glow in 'Fair to Medium'

Also just received my ELF order:

Studio Stipple Brush
    Studio Blush Brush
    Studio Complexion Brush
    Blending Eye Brush
    Studio Pigment Eyeshadow in 'Golden Goddess'
    Studio Translucent Matifying Powder
    Stidio Contouring Blush/Bronzer
    Studio Kohl Eyeliner in 'Black'
    Studio Lash Extending Mascara in 'Black'
    Studio Lip Balm SPF 15 in 'Peach'.

If anyone wants my opinion on these products in the upcoming days, let me know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Where's the Dealz in Cork? Can't believe I haven't noticed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Where's the Dealz in Cork? Can't believe I haven't noticed it!

It's in Daunt's Square where Virgin/Zavvi used to be next to argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ilyana wrote: »
    I've just ordered this, and I am disproportionately excited to get it and try it out!

Urban+Decay+Naked+Palette.jpg

40.50 from Debenhams.ie

Well I'm only delighted with it!

The colours are so pretty; blendable and complementary to one another. With the Eye Potion primer the shadows last me eight hours at work and longer, even in the warm weather.

I've been looking on Youtube for ideas on how to use the colours as I'm not the most imaginative with these things. Well worth the forty euro though, I'm pretty confident I'll use this palette everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Can anyone recommend me some Makeup forever products? Don't really need anything, but with the grabone deal mentioned in the beauty discounts thread I might pick up a few bits :)

Also, prices would be handy as you have to spend the voucher in one transaction!

Ive never used any of their stuff before! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Just bought a load of brushes from iherb.com

Real Techniques Powder Brush, Expert Face Brush, Core Collection, Starter Set and Eco Tools retractable kabuki brush all for €40 delivered! Would have cost me twice that here.

iherb are recommended by pixiwoo so hopefully they're reputable!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I got these today, really looking forward to trying them out, especially the Gold & Pink Skin79 BB creams! :)

SKIN79_BB_cream.jpg

Garnier-BB-Cream.jpg

garnier_bb_cream_matt_art1.jpg

Ciate nail polish in vintage
    Ciate-Vintage.jpg

Velour-Lashes-1020.jpg

21348%7C00000b050%7C0f98_orh315w315_Magnifibres-Lash-Extender.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Orlee wrote: »
    Just bought a load of brushes from iherb.com

Real Techniques Powder Brush, Expert Face Brush, Core Collection, Starter Set and Eco Tools retractable kabuki brush all for €40 delivered! Would have cost me twice that here.

iherb are recommended by pixiwoo so hopefully they're reputable!

I have been using iherb regulary for beauty stuff and vitamins/incense..even food stuff for the past 5 years and find their service and products excellent. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I have been using iherb regulary for beauty stuff and vitamins/incense..even food stuff for the past 5 years and find their service and products excellent. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Thanks for that lindtee .. great to get good feedback!

My stuff has been shipped so I'll be waiting impatiently :)

As posted earlier, I've hauled a few BB Creams over the past few days.

I know that BB Creams are becoming quite popular on here and it can be hard to choose a shade when buying online - especially if you're going for an Asian brand that can't be got over here and you can't try it on in the shop etc...

So I've created a few swatches of the different brands and shades I currently have in the hopes it may help some of you trying to decide when comparing :)

Applied on skin:
    376584_456442511055252_1782763963_n.jpg

Heavily swatched / Slightly blended:
    481127_456442754388561_1391716548_n.jpg

Well Blended:
    391509_456442921055211_1416829378_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Really useful post Belle, Thanks!

I have the Garnier oil free skin perfector and I liked it so much I'm thinking of ordering some Skin 79. Great comparison of shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's so funny that the Western BB creams all start out so much more orangey than the Asian ones looking at Belle Morte's swatches! Think it might say something about how some people view their foundations :pac:

• Advertisement

Seren_ I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 on my skin, now I know I'm pale, but it was literally BRIGHT ORANGE!!!

That was shade Universal Glow by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked up Urban Decays Smoked palette today. It's beautiful, I can't wait to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

As posted earlier, I've hauled a few BB Creams over the past few days.

I know that BB Creams are becoming quite popular on here and it can be hard to choose a shade when buying online - especially if you're going for an Asian brand that can't be got over here and you can't try it on in the shop etc...

So I've created a few swatches of the different brands and shades I currently have in the hopes it may help some of you trying to decide when comparing :)

Applied on skin:

Wow, did you buy all of them? Are they all for you, there is such a wide range of colours there. Thanks so much for the post!

Well it was a while since I bought any foundations and I'd been dying to try out the Skin79 and Ginerva ones for a while so I decided to treat myself!

I'm a makeup artist so I figured I'd buy a few extra to have for my kit aswell so I'd have a few shades to work with.

It wasn't too bad though as I bought online and to be honest they just came to about the same amount as you'd pay for just 2 or 3 high end foundations, plus I wanted to be able to review them for my blog :)

The BRTC one was just a sample sachet I got in a beauty box I got a few days ago, I think it was She Said Beauty. I really like it though so may get a full size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well it was a while since I bought any foundations and I'd been dying to try out the Skin79 and Ginerva ones for a while so I decided to treat myself!

I'm a makeup artist so I figured I'd buy a few extra to have for my kit aswell so I'd have a few shades to work with.

It wasn't too bad though as I bought online and to be honest they just came to about the same amount as you'd pay for just 2 or 3 high end foundations, plus I wanted to be able to review them for my blog :)

The BRTC one was just a sample sachet I got in a beauty box I got a few days ago, I think it was She Said Beauty. I really like it though so may get a full size of it.

Thanks for the pictures, that is just SO helpful. Do you have a blog ?

How are you finding the Skin79 bb creams ? They don't look to have any grey cast in your photo, after theyre on a while do you notice any? Is the BRTC a dewy finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Great pics I'm doing a similar sorta post soon but have to get all the bb creams sorted first!

And god the ones here are so orange, reason I can't even buy any of them!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in Light Beige.. my first BB cream.. I think I'm in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Got a sleek lipstick in liqueur and a NYC nail polish in park ave. love both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Got a sleek lipstick in liqueur and a NYC nail polish in park ave. love both!

I wouldn't mind trying out the Sleek lipsticks, what are they like? Do they last well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

This is my first one. They go on quite glossy and are very nice. I don't really know about lasting power yet but I guess my last application was about an hour ago and the colour still looks good but it's not as glossy.

Advertisement