Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Got 2 foundation samples today got the clinique superbalanced foundation i had got clinique even better foundation last week loved everything but it seemed to just fall off my skin after an hour or 2 raging cos it had such a nice feel to it and finish also got a sample of the new ysl one and the girl also gave me 2 samples of their youth serum thing was very happy i was only looking at it on the counte and she said shed give me a 7 day sample didnt even have to ask cant wait to try them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Went on Cloud10Beauty. They don't have Sleek lipsticks, but I decided I may as well give the pout polishes a go!:P

Got one in Bare Minimum:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNndcSoTtC6vrLLsbtAl_lp_2nj3HM7urdtMSGPtTkviL_ebSTk6dxV8E9dA

And one in Peach Perfection:

peachperfection_l_med.jpg

And I bought a back-up of my new favourite blush Suede:

sleek-blush-suede-02.jpg

Apparently the prices of the Sleek products are going up on Tuesday, I don't know by how much, but wanted to get an order in there before it happened all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I have the peach perfection one too! It's nice but if you can get the one called pink Cadillac I really recommend it it's very highly pigmented and the tint stays on all day after the gloss. I didn't know the prices were going up! I just discovered this brand and was enjoying collecting little bits and bobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I came across Stila tinted moisturiser in Dealz today for 1.49e. There was only one shade called "warm".

http://www.sephora.com/sheer-color-tinted-moisturizer-oil-free-spf-20-P280464

This blog has a photo of the colour http://dollybowbow.blogspot.ie/2010/09/what-stil.html

It's about ten times too dark for my skin-tone, shame as my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser is almost out and I am not looking forward to shelling out almost E40 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

bronte wrote: »
    Really useful post Belle, Thanks!

I have the Garnier oil free skin perfector and I liked it so much I'm thinking of ordering some Skin 79. Great comparison of shades.

Have been using BB cream skin79 pink for over 2years. It is very good but bear in mind that it oxydises about 30ish mins after you put it on..
    The western BB cream are not the good ones..it's all BS and marketing things..
    BB creams have been used for years and improved for very long time in Asia, and because of that trend, they just arrive in Europe etc.. In that, i mean, lots of R&D been put in skincare, particularly all the BB creams from Korea (lioele, dr jart, skin79,misha etc..)
    Hope it makes sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Orlee wrote: »
    Just bought a load of brushes from iherb.com

Real Techniques Powder Brush, Expert Face Brush, Core Collection, Starter Set and Eco Tools retractable kabuki brush all for €40 delivered! Would have cost me twice that here.

iherb are recommended by pixiwoo so hopefully they're reputable!

Received my order today ... really pleased with the delivery! I ordered this on the 15th (Wedneday last week) and they arrived this morning :) Can't wait to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Aldi yesterday and they had 3 perfumes there as part of their specials. I decided to have a whiff and 2 were ok, not my thing, but the other one to my nose, is a dupe for Flower by Kenzo. It is called "Flowery Red" Its €4.99. It is def worth having a whiff of the perfumes if you are around Aldi. Not sure what the other are supposed to be copies of. http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23139.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Have been using BB cream skin79 pink for over 2years. It is very good but bear in mind that it oxydises about 30ish mins after you put it on..
    The western BB cream are not the good ones..it's all BS and marketing things..
    BB creams have been used for years and improved for very long time in Asia, and because of that trend, they just arrive in Europe etc.. In that, i mean, lots of R&D been put in skincare, particularly all the BB creams from Korea (lioele, dr jart, skin79,misha etc..)
    Hope it makes sense :)

Agree, just did a big BB Cream post and trying out the western ones, they're generally very thin and very orange, I don't think they really researched what makes the Korean ones so special they just did their own version and slapped bb cream on it! Here's my pic of bb creams to help along with Belle Morte's, by far MISSHA is the palest but the Skin79 does match up well once it oxidises
    BB-Cream-Swatches-1024x550.jpg

Got a few bits in town, two Catrice nail varnishes, some cheap perfume!

nails-1024x532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

SmokeyEyes, what do you think of that Missha BB cream? What's it like compared to the Skin79 BB creams? I'm trying to decide what to buy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

where's a good place online to buy Missha BB cream or skin79? :)

anyone have a trustworthy ebay seller that they buy from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Picked up a bottle of Korres Juniper and Rum shower gel for €6 in TK Maxx. It's meant to be a man's shower gel, but I've always preferred spicy male scents. It's just lovely.

41M1EueVcwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

suomi wrote: »
    SmokeyEyes, what do you think of that Missha BB cream? What's it like compared to the Skin79 BB creams? I'm trying to decide what to buy. :o

Hey there, detail on the blog post here but it's a lovely shade just slightly drier than the Skin79 so harder to layer without going cakey! What skin tone are you?
    Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    where's a good place online to buy Missha BB cream or skin79? :)

anyone have a trustworthy ebay seller that they buy from?

ideaseller_kr is great!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Hey there, detail on the blog post here but it's a lovely shade just slightly drier than the Skin79 so harder to layer without going cakey! What skin tone are you?

Whoops, I visit your blog all the time but didn't even think of checking it now for a review. :o I'm not sure exactly what skin tone I am to be honest but I'm definitely not pale anyway! My skin is more yellow or golden toned than pink. In the swatches in your blog it looks like the Skin79 Gold BB cream is more yellow toned than the Pink one (suppose that explains the names!), do you think there's a big colour difference between them when they're applied on the skin?

Thanks so much for your help btw. :o

suomi wrote: »
    Whoops, I visit your blog all the time but didn't even think of checking it now for a review. :o I'm not sure exactly what skin tone I am to be honest but I'm definitely not pale anyway! My skin is more yellow or golden toned than pink. In the swatches in your blog it looks like the Skin79 Gold BB cream is more yellow toned than the Pink one (suppose that explains the names!), do you think there's a big colour difference between them when they're applied on the skin?

Thanks so much for your help btw. :o

I can wear the pink or gold no problem! The gold is neutral in tone, the pink is grey but both adjust so I'd say start with the pink! You're lucky having yellow skin tones as most Asian girls do so these should work well for you! Honestly I'd recommend trying one of the miniature packs off ebay that offers 4 mini Skin79 versions for under €10, then you can see for yourself and invest in whichever you think is best!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I can wear the pink or gold no problem! The gold is neutral in tone, the pink is grey but both adjust so I'd say start with the pink! You're lucky having yellow skin tones as most Asian girls do so these should work well for you! Honestly I'd recommend trying one of the miniature packs off ebay that offers 4 mini Skin79 versions for under €10, then you can see for yourself and invest in whichever you think is best!

Oh great, I think I'll get that mini set and try them all out! Thanks so much for your help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I went on a makeup splurge while on holiday in America.:o
    -Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation
    -Mac Foundation Brush 193
    -Smashbox Colour Correcting Primer
    -Urban Decay Naked Palette

Hoepfully they'll be worth the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Picked up some skin79 bb samples and a few other samples on eBay. Got a little package of more bb samples and a few completely not-insulting-at-all 'deep wrinkle' fillers as a freebie :D Packages to work make the world go round

bbs_and_freebies.jpg

Picked up some skin79 bb samples and a few other samples on eBay. Got a little package of more bb samples and a few completely not-insulting-at-all 'deep wrinkle' fillers as a freebie :D Packages to work make the world go round

<SNIP>

Do you have a link for those samples on ebay? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Do you have a link for those samples on ebay? :)

Got them from here

http://stores.ebay.com/Sing-Sing-Girls-Shop

Seller was great & got about 6 free samples

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Got my first foundation brush:
    ecotools-foundation-brush.jpg

Seems nice and soft, have yet to use it. :)
    Wanted to try a reasonably priced one before I consider getting a set or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

kate.m wrote: »
    Got my first foundation brush:
    <SNIP>

Seems nice and soft, have yet to use it. :)
    Wanted to try a reasonably priced one before I consider getting a set or anything.

I love ecotool brushes. :)

Hmm, trying to buy those samples on ebay but it said the transaction couldn't be carried out after I was brought back to ebay after signing into paypal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Hmm, trying to buy those samples on ebay but it said the transaction couldn't be carried out after I was brought back to ebay after signing into paypal :(
    That happened to me recently, not buying those samples, but on Dorothy Perkins it was a problem with PayPal
    and was sorted within an hour.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    That happened to me recently, not buying those samples, but on Dorothy Perkins it was a problem with PayPal
    and was sorted within an hour.

Tried again but got the same message:

Sorry, we were unable to process your request.
    Please try again. You may need to retry your checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Have tried out my new purchases,very pleased.:)

The Smashbox primer is amazing.Lovely and silky,does a great job of filling in pores and not too shabby for calming redness either!I only now realise how gloopy the No 7 primer I was using before this is.

Bobbi Brown Foundation is great too.Decent coverage and sits nice on the skin.I need to be careful not to pour out too much though,I didn't realise it was so runny!

Aaaand finally,the Naked palette.Very pretty!I don't think I'm doing the stuff justice with my crappy eye-make up skills though!On a related note,does anyone know any blogs or the like which suggest looks you can do with the palette?I'd love to get some inspiration.

Aaaand finally,the Naked palette.Very pretty!I don't think I'm doing the stuff justice with my crappy eye-make up skills though!On a related note,does anyone know any blogs or the like which suggest looks you can do with the palette?I'd love to get some inspiration.

There are loads of tutorials on Youtube, here's one playlist I found: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6A09F2F738226FB5 It's a great palette, so versatile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I have that Eco Tool foundation brush and I love it. I also have their blusher brush for years - love it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Jumping on the EcoTools bandwagon, I love mine. I totally recommend them as affordable makeup brushes. They are very soft and I love the weight and feel of the handle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

03016683002.jpg
    I've been looking for a blusher that I can also use for contouring for a while, so I bought MAC Gingerly today and it's perfect - peachy, but not too orange.
    Also got...
    - MAC Teddy eye kohl (as a more expensive dupe for my favourite black/copper 17 eye pencil that was discontinued)
    -Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer, reduced to a tenner in Boots
    -Garnier Oil-Free BB Cream in Light

Advertisement