Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Namlub wrote: »
    -Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer, reduced to a tenner in Boots

Which Boots was this, if you don't mind me asking? (I'm meant to be on a spending ban at the minute but for a tenner I couldn't say no :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Which Boots was this, if you don't mind me asking? (I'm meant to be on a spending ban at the minute but for a tenner I couldn't say no :D )

Half Moon Street in Cork, I'd say they have it in any Boots with Soap & Glory make-up though :)

Namlub wrote: »
    Half Moon Street in Cork, I'd say they have it in any Boots with Soap & Glory make-up though :)

And it just so happens that's my nearest boots :D Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Jumping on the EcoTools bandwagon, I love mine. I totally recommend them as affordable makeup brushes. They are very soft and I love the weight and feel of the handle.
    I don't suppose you've used the eye brushes? I'm looking for a decent blending brush and crease brush that are fluffy but not too big as I have limited space to work with! Think I've found my dream brush set in the mrs bunny collection by sigma but I can't afford them right now. Love ecotools so id be interested to check out their eye brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

kandr10 wrote: »
    I don't suppose you've used the eye brushes? I'm looking for a decent blending brush and crease brush that are fluffy but not too big as I have limited space to work with! Think I've found my dream brush set in the mrs bunny collection by sigma but I can't afford them right now. Love ecotools so id be interested to check out their eye brushes.

I have this eye shadow brush from EcoTools ("eye shading brush") and I find myself reaching for this often along with my MAC eyeshadow brushes. I've actually been contemplating investing in a few more because I enjoy using it that much!
    Bamboo_Eye_Shadi_503bee4e0d080.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Got a new lipstick yesterday as a treat ! Mac's Kinda Sexy, I love it. Perfect nude shade for my lips, i cant wear cool toned nudes or pale pinks as they look awful on me but this is perfect ! :):)

1298307756.jpg

I have this eye shadow brush from EcoTools ("eye shading brush") and I find myself reaching for this often along with my MAC eyeshadow brushes. I've actually been contemplating investing in a few more because I enjoy using it that much!

Thanks for the recommendation! If I'm not mistaken, this is sold individually? Would you use it as a lay down brush and also to blend?

Thanks for the recommendation! If I'm not mistaken, this is sold individually? Would you use it as a lay down brush and also to blend?

I can't remember exactly but yes, I do think I purchased this alone, not in a set. I normally use it for setting down my base coat but I think it's fluffy enough to blend as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I bought this on a whim last week and i really really like it. Its a lipstick from Essence called Sparkling Romance. It was only €2 and i figured i couldnt go wrong for that price. Im trying to wean myself off lipgloss and onto lipsticks which i never wear. It gives a smooth sheer pinky purple tint, which is ideal for a starter lipstick wearer like me. 8/10 Marks off as its not that long lasting but wouldnt expect it to be at that price.

Not my pics.

picmonkeycollages.jpg

anniehoo wrote: »
    I bought this on a whim last week and i really really like it. Its a lipstick from Essence called Sparkling Romance. It was only €2 and i figured i couldnt go wrong for that price. Im trying to wean myself off lipgloss and onto lipsticks which i never wear. It gives a smooth sheer pinky purple tint, which is ideal for a starter lipstick wearer like me. 8/10 Marks off as its not that long lasting but wouldnt expect it to be at that price.

Not my pics.

picmonkeycollages.jpg
    Have u tried the revlon lip butters? I'm also trying to venture into the world of lipsticks and I find them great. That's a very pretty colour -I'm Defo gonna check out essence.

• Advertisement

Have u tried the revlon lip butters? I'm also trying to venture into the world of lipsticks and I find them great. That's a very pretty colour -I'm Defo gonna check out essence.
    No i own 3 lipsticks, 2 bought as an experiment and 1 for Halloween lol. I always think lipsticks look really obvious in daytime and you have to keep checking in the mirror whether its on your teeth or not :D I've gotten so addicted to lipgloss but am trying to branch out. The Essence one definitely gave the moisture with a hint of colour, without the full on gloss i normally wear.

Have heard about these lip butters so must try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

92931m_l.jpg

I picked this up yesterday for 20 euro.I only tried a bit on my hand but it seemed nice so hopefully itll work well on my face.
    I'd love if it did since I dont mind my skin but find it looks weird to wear all the other makeup without foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Got a few beauty bits this week. Discovered the Catrice brand in Penneys, haven't tried anything aside from their eyeshadows but I find them really good.

a95a09c872.png

I dont know if that picture posted but its a colour called "I like to Mauve it" my friends commented today at dinner that it really brought out my eye colour.

I also got this quad eyeshadow set:

3a034d2319.png

I find this quite good aswell for the price, I think it was a fiver, I also got a Catrice eyeliner, its really good.

I got a MAC mascara too, False Lash Extreme Black, it was 23.50, I'm really disappointed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Pore Professional by Benefit

Probably my favourite primer I've ever purchased!

6a0105356c398f970c0133f32aa6e6970b-800wi

My make up last throughout both nights I was out over the weekend.

Also, quick mention on Urban Decay eyshadows and their eye primer - incredible! Their eye shadows are far superior to MAC in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

mcmacness wrote: »
    I dont know if that picture posted but its a colour called "I like to Mauve it" my friends commented today at dinner that it really brought out my eye colour.

I recently got this colour and it's gorgeous! I have hazel eyes (more on the brown side) and got so many compliments with it as well. Catrice eyeshadows are quite good considering the price tag. The texture is really easy to work with and stays on for good 8 hours with a primer (not just "I like to mauve it" but for all the Catrice e/s. I only got singles though, don't know anything about the quads quality).

I heard nice things about their primer too. I'm planning to take a look on my next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Picked up a few bits in Boots today. It was 3 for 2 on No.7 so I picked up Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water, Foaming Cleanser & Exfoliator. Haven't used these before so I hope they're good. Also picked up Palmers Cocoa Firming Body Lotion. Was tempted by the Nip + Fab products but I'll treat myself to them another time!:D

I bought this eyeshadow quad today, it's a limited edition one from Maybelline called 'Olive Martini'. Dunno if it's available in Ireland but thought I'd share anyway as I haven't bought much makeup for a long time and I'm really excited to try it out.

030.JPG

The third eyeshadow from the left is similar to MAC Club/Urban Decay Lounge I think. The quad was around $10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Love that third eye-shadow from the left, probably enough to buy the quad for it alone.

IMAG0209%20%282%29.jpg

2 Garnier Under-eye roll-ons (2 for €16 in Boots)
    Essence Cherry Blossom Girl blush (lovely peachy shade, really nice)
    Snow White in Dopey
    And an Essence eyeshadow that I only realised when I got home is a cream shadow. Don't normally like these but I'm wearing it today and I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Got a few things in superdrug today.

Sleek molten metal (love this cannot wait to try it!)
    Sleek brow palette
    Bloom eye paint in rose
    Bloom eye cream in lagoon
    Bloom lipstick in swing
    bloom nail polish (no name but it's navy blue)
    And 2 NYC nail polishes -Greenwich village and Big city dazzle

Never heard of bloom before myself, apparently an Australian brand but all the things were 99p reduced to clear. Also got their concealer brush.

• Advertisement

Real Techniques brushes are buy one, get one half price in Boots so today I bought the blush brush and a second buffing brush to add to my collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Novella wrote: »
    Real Techniques brushes are buy one, get one half price in Boots so today I bought the blush brush and a second buffing brush to add to my collection.

Any chance you know when that offer ends? I won't be near a Boots for another 2 weeks :(

bscm wrote: »
    Any chance you know when that offer ends? I won't be near a Boots for another 2 weeks :(

I don't know, sorry. It didn't say on the lil sign.

I completely forgot to mention this earlier. I was in Dealz in Cork at the weekend and they had an absolute tonne of various big-name brands for sale at €1.49 each. Everything was packed individually in these purple bags (I think they had something like 'big-name deals' printed on them. Off the top of my head I can remember Rimmel lip glosses and Nivea eyeshadow, and there were loads of different brands of nail varnish. The place was really busy so I didn't get a proper look, but it's totally worth popping in to see what's there if you're in the area. I got this Rimmel lasting finish lip gloss, it's a really vibrant, 40s pin-up shade of red, love it!

31SXtmSEisL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Teletext Pear, i love that shop too. I got the same Rimmel double ended Lasting Finish in Enduring Love for €1.49 and its brilliant.It is "lasting" and "enduring". :D Definitely some real makeup bargains in there every so often.

tumblr_lnzxbioWNp1qfdy9zo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

the offer on the real techniques finishes on the 18th of september

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

foundation2.png

Have only used it once but it doesn't give as much coverage as I was hoping for but I will keep at it, probably need to adjust my application technique a little.

_Skin79__SUPER__BB_Cream_PINK.jpg
    LOVE it, nearly as much as much as the VIP Gold...but not quite :D

mary-kay.jpg

Nice but not waterproof and quite pricey so probably wouldn't repurchase.

6844737179_c729ff6f17.jpg
    Really nice, removes waterproof mascara really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

20260622 wrote: »
    foundation2.png

Have only used it once but it doesn't give as much coverage as I was hoping for but I will keep at it, probably need to adjust my application technique a little

I have this, also in Opal. I only bought it to use as a concealer after I read about and looked at Lisa Eldridge's YouTube tutorial on how to cover spots. For me (spot-prone AND dry skin, not combo!) to use it as 'intended' (foundation) I would use a fairly rich moisturiser and let it sink in for a good 10 minutes first, if you move too fast I could see how the 'finish'/coverage might not be as opaque.
    Do try it with and with out a primer too, you'd be amazed at the difference and what works with what.

As a concealer its...ok. I have really dark circles and it's more the yellow-tone in Opal than disguises them rather than the opacity itself.
    Anyway under-eye concealing can't be caked on, unfortunately.
    It does take me two-three layers to cover them though.
    So much for "Zombie Boy" (see Vichy website/Google him + dermablend)...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

csi vegas wrote: »
    I have this, also in Opal. I only bought it to use as a concealer after I read about and looked at Lisa Eldridge's YouTube tutorial on how to cover spots. For me (spot-prone AND dry skin, not combo!) to use it as 'intended' (foundation) I would use a fairly rich moisturiser and let it sink in for a good 10 minutes first, if you move too fast I could see how the 'finish'/coverage might not be as opaque.
    Do try it with and with out a primer too, you'd be amazed at the difference and what works with what.

As a concealer its...ok. I have really dark circles and it's more the yellow-tone in Opal than disguises them rather than the opacity itself.
    Anyway under-eye concealing can't be caked on, unfortunately.
    It does take me two-three layers to cover them though.
    So much for "Zombie Boy" (see Vichy website/Google him + dermablend)...

Thanks CSI, I will keep at it and try different things with it. At the moment I'm using BB cream all over my face and then using it as a concealer on the spots/breakout around my jaw line, like in the video you mentioned.

I have had a sudden outbreak of adult acne :mad: and I am very conscious of it so I will persevere with it and see what works for me. Trip to a Dermatologist is definitely on the cards soon though, enough is enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

L'oreal infallible make up - amazing!!! I had this on for 16 hours yesterday and despite being on a plane (which normal has my skin all dry and horrible) it was flawless when I got home. 8.30am - midnight I was very impressed. It seems to be weather proof too. My only problem is i stupidly bought the one with the brush on top - dont do it people! The stupid twisty mechanism has a mind of its own and the flipping cap of mine ends up caked in make up. Its such a waste. I will be buying another one but the pump one next time.

I also had a great binge in super drug in the UK. Picked up two MUA make up pallettes at 4 pound each (undressed and heaven and earth I think) and I got 'the immaculate collection' which was twice the size free!!:D its fabulous way better than what I expected for the price.

I also got a fabulous accessorise eye shadow a mixture one like a mineralize one its dark green and gold and fabulous :) it was only 4 pound too

Also picked up the essence cheery blossom marker pen. I LOVE eye liner marker pens (I hate the skinny like liquid eyeliner applicators). These are class - they have two ends a slim one and a thick one, total bargain for the price.

Picked up a blue collection 2000 mascara in a moment of madness ...epic fail. Its useless (the magazine that recommended it lied to me) it didnt look blue at all on my black lashes when I applied it and also it ended up all under my eyes.

In a nail polish binge I picked up several LA colours this week they were dirt cheap I couldn't leave them homeless. The aqua glitter is amazing lovely jelly type texture. Im wearing it over essence polish in my little kimono (thats the name of the polish, im not wearing a kimono)

I picked up some nip and fab moisture fix and eye bright in Boots in the UK so much cheaper than here.

I bought nip and fab gradual tanner in boots over here a while back I really wanted to like it but it goes on two patchy and I was not keen on it

Advertisement