Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Lush products www.lush.com

3 Bath ballistic fizzies - avobath

1 Buffy body butter

1 flying fox showergel

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Sleek bb cream - love it! Very pigmented and not like other bb creams

Sleek glitter eyeliner - ok but will be better once I figure out how to put it on

Sleek luminous powder - very very good and cheap dupe for benefit hello flawless

NYC liquid lipshine gloss - amazing, very cheap, smells lovely and brilliant applicator!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

loreal%252Bsublime%252Bspray.jpg

L'oreal Sublime Bronze spray-on tan: I actually really like this product. It's easy to apply, you just spray it all over your body (as the name suggests!). I'd be careful with the bottoms of your feet, as they can go bright orange due to excess product settling on the floor and then walking on it, but other than that, I found the application a dream.

It gives a nice, natural tan. I've never been asked is my tan fake but I've had loads of comments on how lovely and healthy I look, have I been on holiday etc., so it's great in that way. If you want that really brown, girl-fake-tanned-for-a-night-out look, it's probably not for you, but for a really natural looking tan, it's perfect.

It also doesn't fade and leave skin looking patchy and horrible, though I do exfoliate a lot, so it could be down to that either. I would buy this again.

hwthumb.asp?f=2_4_2_4_2206333.JPG&w=200&h=200

Soap & Glory, Flake Away: I am not a huge fan of Soap & Glory in general, as I prefer products unscented or just with less over-powering smells but I love this scrub. I bought it in the airport because it was the only travel sized scrub there and I needed one as I'd just had my legs waxed! I ended up buying the full-size when I came home because I like it so much. :)

The smell is lovely, though a bit girlie and sweet for my preferences but I can see past that because the product itself leaves my skin so smooth and it doesn't scratch like some scrubs can. Soap & Glory is also on 3 for 2 in Boots at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

+1 for that Novella I find it brilliant stuff too.
    I also have their shower scrub I can't think of the name of it but its amazing especially for getting off the last bits of fake tan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Got a soap and glory bodywash for 9 euro thats smells identical to a 5o eoro laura mercier one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Just went a bit nuts on the MUA site, hard not to when the stuff is so cheap :D

article-2059539-0EB3D43400000578-329_634x341.jpg
    This came free when you spend over £8!!

reveal6.jpg
    Undressed Palette

MUA-Heaven-and-Earth-Eyeshadow-Palette.jpg
    Heaven & Earth Palette - I was waiting for this to come back in stock :)

MUA+Blush+Swatches+Review+003.jpg
    Blush - Shade 2

wp_001710.jpg?w=480
    Blush Shade 4

MUA+PRO+English+Rose+Shade+3+Mosaic+Blush+Swatched+and+Reviewed.JPG
    Mosaic Blush - English Rose

Can't wait for them to arrive :pac: Will come back and review them once they have but if any of you have already tried them, please let me know what you think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

20260622 wrote: »
    Just went a bit nuts on the MUA site, hard not to when the stuff is so cheap :D

You absolute legend! I've been moping for the last two months that I don't have a Superdrug near me and they don't deliver to Ireland so I couldn't get the undressed palette. I never even thought to check if MUA had their own site! Ahhhh gonna buy everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

20260622 wrote: »
    reveal6.jpg
    Undressed Palette

:D

I have this and it's great!!

I also have a few of their trio eyeshadows which are great too but I prefer their palettes just because of the pan the shadows are in.

The compact powders are as good as any other imo and they do good primers too- I wouldn't choose the primer over the gosh one but for the price of it it's so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

11116%7C000049cc6%7C2ef3_orh100000w240_Instant-radiance.jpg

Dry skinned gals are going to love this foundation, I've been mixing it in with my bb cream and it gives a beautiful finish.

tumblr_lywzkgaTPu1qao0p7.jpg

Really hard to finish a true, soft dark brown pencil, this is beautiful and has a handy sharpener in the lid!

48836.png
    Finally I'm hoping this is good, will try it out tomorrow! Love my primers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got a sample of YSL's Touche Eclat foundation. I've only used it once so far but it was gorgeous. Good coverage, and the colour was a good match, despite how dark I thought it looked in the bottle. I'll try do some pics tonight. The girl at the counter (Brown Thomas) was very helpful and nice, took her time choosing two shades she thought might suit and tried them both on me. It's my birthday soon so I think I'll hold off purchasing the foundation so I can get my make up done for the night. Complementary if you buy any two products.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

MUA undressed is a good dupe for Urban Decay naked... Google it ;) I got both of the palettes couple weeks back, haven't used all eyeshadows on it yet, but the ones I have are v good! Long lasting and easy to work with! Really pigmented to, I thought anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Do Boots give samples (if you bring in your own pot) of foundations? I want to get the photoready foundation as it is on offer for E15 at the moment, but I want to test it out before spending so much on it in case it doesn't agree with my skin.

I tried that Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H and while I love the coverage it gave, it broke me out in spots and the lightest color 010 was a bit too dark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Do Boots give samples (if you bring in your own pot) of foundations? I want to get the photoready foundation as it is on offer for E15 at the moment, but I want to test it out before spending so much on it in case it doesn't agree with my skin.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I must ask when I'm in next - I suppose all they can say is no!

Orlee wrote: »
    I was actually thinking the same thing. I must ask when I'm in next - I suppose all they can say is no!
    Can you let me know what they say please? I won't get into my local Boots until tomorrow or next week to check :(

The offer on the revlon foundation is finished on 1st October I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sure just bring in your own pot and put some from a tester into it :) I can't imagine you'd even need to ask if it's okay, I'm sure it'd be fine!

Seems Boots do give samples, but you need to ask them for it.

I got a sample of a No7 foundation, it's the perfect colour for my skin, so hopefully I won't have a bad reaction to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I just got this in the mail today: Sigma Make Me Blush Travel Kit

I've never tried Sigma brushes before and I've been looking for a decent travel kit so I'm going to give these a go on my upcoming trip. They feel very soft and the handles are very sturdy. I'll probably fit a few more of my own brushes into the case as well.

Edit: I meant to add, Sigma are now opening a store at the Mall of America (Minneapolis, Minnesota) which... I don't know how often you guys get to Minneapolis but I'm particularly excited as my family are from there and next time I visit I can check out their entire stock in person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I just got this in the mail today: Sigma Make Me Blush Travel Kit

I've never tried Sigma brushes before and I've been looking for a decent travel kit so I'm going to give these a go on my upcoming trip. They feel very soft and the handles are very sturdy. I'll probably fit a few more of my own brushes into the case as well.

Edit: I meant to add, Sigma are now opening a store at the Mall of America (Minneapolis, Minnesota) which... I don't know how often you guys get to Minneapolis but I'm particularly excited as my family are from there and next time I visit I can check out their entire stock in person!

Feck, 6 years too late for me! :) was in Mall of America 6 years ago AND got lost there, almost had to check myself into security for my work colleagues to come and collect me from the lost and found! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Feck, 6 years too late for me! :) was in Mall of America 6 years ago AND got lost there, almost had to check myself into security for my work colleagues to come and collect me from the lost and found! ;)

Haha! It is absolutely huge alright! I have to psych myself up for a day of shopping there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Seems Boots do give samples, but you need to ask them for it.

I got a sample of a No7 foundation, it's the perfect colour for my skin, so hopefully I won't have a bad reaction to it.
    You prob just have to ask for no7 samples though cos they're the only counters that are 'manned' with staff. I reckon for the non boots brands there's no point, just pump a few squirts into a little container.

kandr10 wrote: »
    You prob just have to ask for no7 samples though cos they're the only counters that are 'manned' with staff. I reckon for the non boots brands there's no point, just pump a few squirts into a little container.
    I asked the sales assistant and she said they do give samples, of all foundation, they supply the pots too.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable just going in to a chemist and putting some of their foundation into a tub and walking off, it just doesn't sit right with me.

Got the worst Glossybox ever this morning, five miniscule samples that I'll probably never use. Four of them are to fight the appearance of wrinkles (I'm 27, wrinkles are hardly my biggest problem) and a sample of Lady Gaga's Fame, which is ok but a bit strong for my liking. Going to give Glossybox one more month I think but if the next one is this bad I'll be moving to She Said Beauty.

Got the worst Glossybox ever this morning, five miniscule samples that I'll probably never use. Four of them are to fight the appearance of wrinkles (I'm 27, wrinkles are hardly my biggest problem) and a sample of Lady Gaga's Fame, which is ok but a bit strong for my liking. Going to give Glossybox one more month I think but if the next one is this bad I'll be moving to She Said Beauty.

I know - worst box EVER! They should be ashamed of themselves ...

I haven't gotten them since March but I got a coupon code for 20% off and the box was sooo pretty so I couldn't resist!

WORST BOX EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Got myself a Babyliss Big Hair for my birthday & so far am loving it! Takes a while to get used to, and I think if there was a video of my first attempts to use it and the thing basically running out of control up and down my hair and burning my eyebrow (all my own fault) I'd never live it down.

I have really thick, really heavy hair. Sort of like this

shetland-pony-picture-1.jpg

Which is prone to flatness at the roots because of the weight of it, so sometimes if I straighten it it looks very flat & limp even though I've enough hair to make a full sized Cousin Itt replica with

The Big Hair gives me a lovely full looking blowdry with nice smooth hair, so the straightener effect without the Professor Snape effect. The only thing with it is that it is quite time consuming to use (although if you had less hair than me it probably wouldn't be) and the first couple of times you use it you will feel like lobbing it in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Went to Inglot today and picked up a 10 square Freedom Palette, 5 circle round palette and 19 eyeshadows- amazing quality, just love the pigmentation of Inglot shadows and the extra 20% discount makes me so weak!

I popped into Boots and was foundation matched to shade Cool Vanilla so I picked up the Instant Radiance foundation because looking for something lighter and more natural for daytime looks. I haven't tried it on fully yet but the lady at the counter gave me an extremely generous sample (at least 12 squirts into a huge container) for free and she put some on me and I quite liked it. I'm usually not a huge fan of no.7 but i heard some great things about this particular foundation so i have high hopes.

Purchased two Essence nail polishes in Chic Reloaded and Go Bold and one of the new matte Kate Moss Rimmel Lipsticks in 101- perfect MLBB colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

$(KGrHqJ,!noE-z)J)NILBP4OutkJwg~~60_35.JPG

Got this Rimmel Stir It Up eyeshadow in Dealz the other day. Can't wait to try it out!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got the Urban Decay Naked foundation tried on me today in Debenhams. Looked grand at the time, but I find it now a few hours later to be a bit cakey looking and the wrong colour. This is the palest colour. I got a sample so I'll try it again anyway and see how it goes.

0A7C3416-91DB-4C19-B824-69B05BB2E3ED-244-0000001CB063BC78_zps0b4d6fe6.jpg

1D27B351-7CC8-4658-99E5-06407ED6337E-244-0000001CA98B3A2C_zpsf2e9053e.jpg

(no lipstick on ;) )

Twee. wrote: »
    Got the Urban Decay Naked foundation tried on me today in Debenhams. Looked grand at the time, but I find it now a few hours later to be a bit cakey looking and the wrong colour. This is the palest colour.

The curse of having pale skin, even the lightest shades are still too dark for me. I use this Natural Collection powder in neutral translucent on top of my bb cream and it makes everything a lot more natural looking.

powder.jpg

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Got the Urban Decay Naked foundation tried on me today in Debenhams. Looked grand at the time, but I find it now a few hours later to be a bit cakey looking and the wrong colour. This is the palest colour. I got a sample so I'll try it again anyway and see how it goes.

I'm not mad on it at all - I got a tester and was matched to shade 3.0. While the color seems ok initially (might be a tiny bit too dark) it definately changes colour on me throughout the day which is disappointing. I'm not used to such a watery consistancy either and find my brushes just suck it all up!

Advertisement