Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Got my MUA haul this morning :D Undressed palette, Immaculate Collection palette (free), primer and four nail varnishes, for €16!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hit Dundrum again today and picked up a 10 and 5 square Inglot eyeshadow palette- seriously addicted now! I also got the highly famed Duraline and two gel eyeliners in 77 and 78. I also popped into BT2s and got MAC blushes in Dame and Peachy Keen (repurchases) and the paint pot in Painterly. Finally, headed into Boots and picked up the Instant Radiance foundation in Calico and Cool Vanilla- the two lightest shades- I am really loving this foundation for a dewy fresh look- I highly recommend it. I also got some no 7 Exfoliating Face Wash- again a repurchase and only a couple of yoyos with the €6.50 voucher they are giving out at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Got my MUA haul this morning :D Undressed palette, Immaculate Collection palette (free), primer and four nail varnishes, for €16!

Mine arrived today too :D:D Really fast shipping, considering I'm on the other side of the world. They sent me two Undressed Palettes instead of an Undressed and Heaven & Earth palette but I have just had an email from them to say they will send out the H & E palette a.s.a.p and to hang on to the second Undressed palette as good will gesture...now that is customer service!! Can't wait to try them all out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Twee. wrote: »
    Got the Urban Decay Naked foundation tried on me today in Debenhams. Looked grand at the time, but I find it now a few hours later to be a bit cakey looking and the wrong colour. This is the palest colour. I got a sample so I'll try it again anyway and see how it goes.

(no lipstick on ;) )

Twee, can I ask what shade that is? It looks like they've given you warm toned when you're cool-skinned like myself :confused:

I got a sample as well, it's ok but not sure if it's worth the money tbh, it's not the nicest foundation I've seen on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

Bought Dior Airflash Foundation, bit expensive but defo great for special occasions, so easy to put on and gives a really good airbrush finish :)

Also bought Sleek eyeshadow palettes from cloud10beauty as an alternative from my usual MAC eyeshadows and find them brilliant, the pigmentation is great will definitelt be buying them again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I've just bought an Essence gel eyeliner in Midnight in Paris, with the little brush you buy separately. It's quite creamy and buildable, and it's damn easy to use. Not bad for around 5euro :)

DSCF8157.JPG

Not my photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

What are Essence lipsticks like? There's a few nice ones that I've seen, but don't want to get them if they'll dry out my lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

$%28KGrHqVHJCsE+c0P83JpBP3PUTFwmQ~~60_35.JPG

MAC Mineralize eye-shadow in Smutty Green - I am usually a lover of the most neutral of eye colours but I bought this because I have a teeny bit of green in the inside of my eyes and I thought adding a little more around them might accentuate it. Also, the intense sparkle drew me in. The picture really does the product no justice as it is so glittery and pigmented. I will definitely buy more Mineralize eye-shadows. I bought it in Edinburgh airport for about £13.

sleek-lipgloss-glossed-pump-it-up.jpg

Sleek lip-gloss - I bought these lip-glosses in a few different colours, just because they were cheap and it's harder to get Sleek over here. I am one of those people who applies lip-balm pretty much every hour, but I wore this lip-gloss to work and I didn't reapply once during the whole 8 hours, nor did my lips feel dry. The colours also last so well. I'm impressed and just wish I'd bought all of them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Went a lil crazy in Boots today :o

Read about this on here so hope it's good, I've only ever used tongs

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

First time not buying Britneys 'Curious' so hope this is nice

IMG_2650.jpg

Benefit (there's a voucher for up to €25 worth/make up application in this too!)

IMG_2651.jpg

and Urban Decay (I've needed to get this again for ages, AMAZING - better than foundation :D ) in Supernova

IMG_2652.jpg

96488701-260x260-0-0_Urban+Decay+Urban+Decay+Surreal+Skin+Mineral+Makeu.jpg

I'm so jealous of that haul :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Hey Vinta81 :) What's in the benefit box??? All I can see is mascara :)

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Went a lil crazy in Boots today :o

Read about this on here so hope it's good, I've only ever used tongs

IMG_2655.jpg

Ooh let us know how this is, I had it in my hand the other day but I said I'd better wait till pay day before buying anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Hey Vinta81 :) What's in the benefit box??? All I can see is mascara :)

it's bronzer and their "foundation faker". cool kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

New foundation :)AAAADCX3RCkAAAAAAHcyeg.jpg?v=1254705837000

in shade 1, just under 30 euro in The Loop at Dublin Airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

I have the big hair as well. Find it makes my hair really sleek and polished looking. Only problem is no lift at roots and hair flat looking compared to when I used an round brush and hair dryer! Prob just way I am using the appliance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Twee, can I ask what shade that is? It looks like they've given you warm toned when you're cool-skinned like myself :confused:

I got a sample as well, it's ok but not sure if it's worth the money tbh, it's not the nicest foundation I've seen on me.

Just found the cardboard thing it came in! The shade is 0.5, which according the the UD site is pink toned.

I have been using a sample of YSL's Touche Eclat foundation and it's excellent. Gonna buy it as a birthday treat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Hello all, I just got this mascara in Harvey Nichols in Dundrum

http://sosueme.ie/wp-content/uploads/3_Mascaras_HOME.jpg

It was around €20 and promised a flawless intense look. It gave neither. A clumpy flakey waste of €20.

I was just on the Essence website and saw their Class of 2013 collection (out in October apparently!) and they have the cutest cosmetic bag, I must have it! http://www.essence.eu/products/trend-editions/weiterleitung/class-of-2013.html

Twee. wrote: »
    Just found the cardboard thing it came in! The shade is 0.5, which according the the UD site is pink toned.

See I thought I would be 0.5 but I was told that it was warm shaded and they gave me 1.0 instead. Might be worth getting a sample of that one if you're there again!
    I was just on the Essence website and saw their Class of 2013 collection (out in October apparently!) and they have the cutest cosmetic bag, I must have it! http://www.essence.eu/products/trend-editions/weiterleitung/class-of-2013.html

That's actually very cute! I love essence, I went wild there at their new big stand in Penney's on Mary St a couple of weeks ago.... It's the biggest collection of their stuff I've seen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

See I thought I would be 0.5 but I was told that it was warm shaded and they gave me 1.0 instead. Might be worth getting a sample of that one if you're there again!

According to here 0.5 is a pink undertone, cool shade. The girl at UD didn't mention tones at all to me! http://www.urbandecay.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UrbanDecay-Site/default/Finder-Show#/Finder/Find%20Your%20Shade/1?prodID=65790

Gonna stick with my YSL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

God the Essence stand in Mary St. is the business, going to pop in again tomorrow! Sorry pics are from my blog but here's what I got

Got London lipgloss mini trio want to get a different one tomorrow, it's gorgeous!
    Essence-London-lipgloss-set-1024x759.jpg

Circus Confetti topcoat which is amazing...
    Essence-special-effects-topper-1024x512.jpg

Their volumizing Lash Powder which I've wanted for aaggeesss
    Essence-volumizing-lash-powder-1024x684.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Oooh Volumising lash powder looks interesting how does that work? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Ava_e wrote: »
    Hello all, I just got this mascara in Harvey Nichols in Dundrum

http://sosueme.ie/wp-content/uploads/3_Mascaras_HOME.jpg

It was around €20 and promised a flawless intense look. It gave neither. A clumpy flakey waste of €20.

A friend of mine bought me that mascara in hk for my birthday and I'm inclined to agree, it's useless, worst mascara I've ever used and I've used them all....

Speaking of mascara, Estée Lauder fantastic foundations, crappy mascaras, sticking to loreal million lashes

Ugh, for the second time in about a week I've managed to buy a nail polish I already own. Dope!
    Went to about three different Essence stands in Cork today and none of them had the new collections in. If I see the stupid Fruity collection once more I'll scream! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Why can't I live loser to Dublin :mad: I have to get at this essence stand! Bought a few things from it in August but don't think it was as big then? The just had the usual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

My local pharmacy has a huge essence stand :D

They didn't get the snow white collection though :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just a heads up to those in the south east and cant get to Dublin, the Penneys in Waterford has a massive essence stand too! Meant to take pictures in there the last day but I totally forgot.. Id say its nearly if not as big as the one in Mary St. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just a heads up to those in the south east and cant get to Dublin, the Penneys in Waterford has a massive essence stand too! Meant to take pictures in there the last day but I totally forgot.. Id say its nearly if not as big as the one in Mary St. :)

The last time I was in I found them poorly stocked! :( But I do love Essence and we are lucky in Waterford, there's stands all over the place !! Was looking for a new bright pink nailvarnish today and all the essence ones were a bit dull, I got NYC and its fab, really bright and shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

gillapino wrote: »
    Oooh Volumising lash powder looks interesting how does that work? :)

It's a bit fiddly!

You have to put on your normal mascara then, while it's wet, quickly stick the clean mascara wand in the lash fibres, brush liberally over your lashes and then you apply a second coat of normal mascara to cover the whiteness of the fibre lashes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

michellie wrote: »
    The last time I was in I found them poorly stocked! :( But I do love Essence and we are lucky in Waterford, there's stands all over the place !! Was looking for a new bright pink nailvarnish today and all the essence ones were a bit dull, I got NYC and its fab, really bright and shiny!

Really? Nearly had to pinch myself when I saw the size of the stand last week! But youre right we're really lucky to have so many pharmacists (eg Sam MacCauleys) selling essence.
    It might be useful to someone though :)

Advertisement