Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Was in duty-free during the week and decided to treat myself to the Dior Glow Designer compact. It's so pretty!! It has 4 eyeshadows, blush (in Burned Cinnamon) and 3 lip glosses. Has its own velvet pouch and all.

$T2eC16hHJFoE9nh6qSZ1BP-,H2bPf!~~60_35.JPG

(not my photo)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Got some Impress false nails impress-nails.jpg
    Haven't put them on yet but I've heard that they last really well. I'm not usually into false nails because I find them uncomfortable but I can't resist colourful patterns!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got the UD Deluxe Shadow Box in TK Maxx (Stephens Green) today for only €16.99! I'm out of Primer Potion so was delighted to get that with it too. I saw that they had at least one other, in case anyone is looking.

UrbanSHADOWBOX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Twee. wrote: »
    Got the UD Deluxe Shadow Box in TK Maxx (Stephens Green) today for only €16.99! I'm out of Primer Potion so was delighted to get that with it too. I saw that they had at least one other, in case anyone is looking.

UrbanSHADOWBOX.jpg

Was looking a it too today, just didn't think I'd get enough use out of the shades but an absolute steal!

I bought Revlon's lipbutter in Creme Brulee (pic from eternalvox) which is just gorgeous and their new eyeshadow quad in Addictive!

eyeshadow_500_addictivers.jpg.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

those colorstay shadows are great and they are perfect for carrying around in your handbag. I bought one for less than a fiver from a US seller on ebay.

Picked up the Catrice Made to Stay highlighter pen yesterday for approx €4 - really pretty and a nice alternative to High Beam.

Also picked up some of the new Essence lippies which are a hybrid lipstick balm. These seem great but the only fault is that they have some fine glitter in them - its not too bad though - I got a red shade and a berry shade "sparkling miracle" - a nice pick me up for 2.49!

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Was looking a it too today, just didn't think I'd get enough use out of the shades but an absolute steal!

There's one or two I'm not crazy on, but I'm trying to branch out from the Naked palette, it's all I use! Colour experimentation time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

There's one or two I'm not crazy on, but I'm trying to branch out from the Naked palette, it's all I use! Colour experimentation time :D

Ha I'm guilty of exactly the same!:D

Ran into TK Maxx yesterday to check out the Urban Decay goodies and nearly left with a set of the 24/7 liners and a set of eyeshadow pencils (for Christmas gifts obviously!) but restrained myself as the colours were a bit mad for me.

I did pick up an amazing set of random Milani stuff - four eyeshadows, two lipglosses and two blushes for 9.99. I depotted the eyeshadows last night and they fit into my Mac palette - the quality is really good. I had meant to order from the states before but would have cost a lot more than the TK Maxx price.

Also used my Grab One voucher in Makeup Forever yesterday - wasn't the most pleasant shopping experience - regret spending the money on it overall.

The amount of make-up I have bought this week is disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

UrbanSHADOWBOX.jpg

Loads of these in TK Maxx Galway today!
    I almost bought one, but I've so many Urban Decay Palettes now (I've Naked 1, Naked 2, Mariposa, 15th Anniversary and Smoked) I really couldn't justify another :(

I was in Dealz in Cork the last day and picked up Collection 2000 Skyscraper mascara for 1.49, really liking it so far. I love comb-like brushes;
    (Not my pic)
    Skyscraper%20mascara_brush%20out%20of%20pack_on%20white-thumb-210x344-111716.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

okay Im sure everyone is aware that MAC make-up is a no-no to purchase in places like this- but there's an amazing arcade across from the liberty market (Meath St) that sells loads of make up& skincare brands like vichy,laroch posay, maybelline, max factor etc. Also broadway nails for like 3€! I wear Vichy Dermablend foundation (€22 in any chemist) & got two for €15 down there! Well worth a trip, open Thurs, Fri, Sat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Shinaynay wrote: »
    okay Im sure everyone is aware that MAC make-up is a no-no to purchase in places like this- but there's an amazing arcade across from the liberty market (Meath St) that sells loads of make up& skincare brands like vichy,laroch posay, maybelline, max factor etc. Also broadway nails for like 3€! I wear Vichy Dermablend foundation (€22 in any chemist) & got two for €15 down there! Well worth a trip, open Thurs, Fri, Sat
    Is that like a stall selling branded/designer make up? Like the stallss/stands down Henry St?

If it is you need to be very careful about buying from there as the products are most probably fake.

I have heard of bleach, rat poison, dog/cat/other animal hair in those products.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Shinaynay wrote: »
    Is that like a stall selling branded/designer make up? Like the stallss/stands down Henry St?

If it is you need to be very careful about buying from there as the products are most probably fake.

I have heard of bleach, rat poison, dog/cat/other animal hair in those products.

As I previously said MAC is the only one to worry about. They can sell that for a high price, whereas I doubt there would any margin on 2 Maybeline products for fiver. Also doubt there'd be much of market on Meath St for fake Vichy.... I would say alot of it is bulk buys from closed pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

^ a lot of those products are likely to have been stolen rather than fakes/ sold from from places that closed down. The latter is likely but my granddad ran a market stall and he has no time for certain stalls because their stuff is from the back of a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Urban Decay 24/7 Electric eyeliner set from TK Maxx (16.99 :D)

urbandecay_electrickit001.jpg

Kate Moss for Rimmel in 107 (2 euro off in Hickeys pharmacy... in love with the colour)

Kate-Moss-for-Rimmel-London-Latest-Lipstick-Collection-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Those liners are a steal! We're there many?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

kandr10 wrote: »
    Those liners are a steal! We're there many?

Last one in TK Maxx in Arklow... they had a set of travel-sizes 24/7 eyeshadow pencils for the same price but I wanted the Perversion eyeliner more than eyeshadows

Had my make up done at YSL in Brown Thomas yesterday. Honestly it was only fine. Not awful, but I did have ask her to fix the eyeshadow as IMO it looked ridiculous, and did a mascara tidy when I got home. I wouldn't go to them again for an application, Bobbi Brown or Mac would be my choice.

Anyway, I wanted to buy products so the application came with purchase of two. Very happy with them:

Touche Eclat foundation in B20. Build-able coverage, great range of shades, doesn't "cake".

ysl_touche_eclat_foundation_2.jpg

Glossy Stain in Corail Aquatique. A lip stain. but also glossy Found it quite long wearing last night, even with drinking.

ysl-rouge-pur-couture-glossy-stain-7-corail-aquatique-swatch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

bscm wrote: »
    Urban Decay 24/7 Electric eyeliner set from TK Maxx (16.99 :D)

urbandecay_electrickit001.jpg

Kate Moss for Rimmel in 107 (2 euro off in Hickeys pharmacy... in love with the colour)

Kate-Moss-for-Rimmel-London-Latest-Lipstick-Collection-1.jpg

:eek: l love the green liner!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My friends were exceedingly generous this brithday. I'm a lucky girl!

Dior Skinflash primer in 001:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnYhTEAuDKzi2_CFxWiFCM7fAWUxika90EAM7thE77DbRQ43RuiQ
    Used this under my make up this morning before work and several of the girls commented how smooth and glow-y my make up looked. Very happy with it :)

No. 7 Beautiful skin cleanser. I have sensitive skin, but this feel lovely and having used it for 2 days now I haven't broken out. Good sign so far :)

no7.png_effected.png

Urban Decay lashes: Come hither.

91501_comehitherlashes.jpg

91501_comehitherlashes_alt1.jpg

Urban Decay big fatty mascara. I have the old formula and the old waterproof formula and don't really like either but this I love. Absolutely love it. Not too wet. Buildable, no clumps either. Will defo repurchase after this runs out/ 3 months time.

urban-decay-big-fatty-mascara-2.jpg

Urban Decay supersaturated lipcolour in LoveChild

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9BOXTZyTkLznij544FUT8oYzaVuTBMFgY99ldwYJOgm5_lbx

Looks very pink but it's actually like a pinky-nude on my lips, perfect for day to day wear.

Urban Decay primer potion; extra large portion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKzQnA5O3JFUDC0BLb4nfAAT3CG1eTUuWforuP66TkTPUm0CeL

I live on this stuff. Had just about run out of all the mini ones I've gotten in palettes over the years so now I'm sorted again for ages! :D I have the big primer potions in Greed and Sin but you can't beat the old original version IMO :)

Urban decay All nighter spray. This stuff is incredible. When I use it with my Inglot primer I can get a solid 18 hours out of my make up looking pretty close to how it looked when I applied.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpljSyVoQsTMzkXgtCiKT5GQH-QuDqd6krevMf2gnIHuIGQuQ6Hg

And some Nail art pens! :)

npwnailartpenset2012-2.jpg

I think it's safe to say my friends understand my love of UD products :P

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I want to be friends with your friends too! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

The first Sample Bar (like Glossybox) pack, the first of it's kind in NZ as far as I know. Looking forward to trying them out, especially the heated eyelash curler. Pretty impressed with the first installment, can't wait to see what's in next months box :D
    SampleBarOctober.jpg

Picked this up for 9.99 in TK Maxx yesterday:

2s16lom.jpg

and this for 6.99
    6te8tz.jpg

not really needed but very cute and a good price. Both by Too Faced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

ams wrote: »
    Picked this up for 9.99 in TK Maxx yesterday:

2s16lom.jpg

and this for 6.99
    6te8tz.jpg

not really needed but very cute and a good price. Both by Too Faced
    which tk maxx was this??

TK Maxx is soo good for make up and nail polish recently, I think I'll start picking up Christmas presents!

TK Maxx is soo good for make up and nail polish recently, I think I'll start picking up Christmas presents!

Good idea twee!

which tk maxx was this??

Stephens Green - not sure there were many more left though but would recommend the Milani sets they have if you can get your hands on them. You get a ton of stuff for 9.99.

I went into tk maxx today and didn't see any two faced or ud but they did have 2 or 3 of the milani sets. I believe their stuff is really good. I'll be checking it out a lot more now cos they seem to have great little gems from time to time. I know of a few ppl who'll be getting nail polish sets for crimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Does anyone else hate buying a new mascara? I bought L'Oreal's Lash Architect and I'm sure it's okay but the first couple of weeks of using a new mascara are always the worst as way too much stuff comes out and it makes your eyelashes all clumpy and "spidery". :o And then it makes such a mess if you accidentally touch anything with the brush or blink too soon as it takes ages for it to dry. So frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

suomi wrote: »
    Does anyone else hate buying a new mascara? I bought L'Oreal's Lash Architect and I'm sure it's okay but the first couple of weeks of using a new mascara are always the worst as way too much stuff comes out and it makes your eyelashes all clumpy and "spidery". :o And then it makes such a mess if you accidentally touch anything with the brush or blink too soon as it takes ages for it to dry. So frustrating!

Leave the cap slightly loose to let the mascara dry out slightly.
    Depending on the brand it could take a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Picked up two new lippies today in MAC- Snob and Speed Dial. Excited to try them out :)

Advertisement