Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Speed Dial looks gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Orlee wrote: »
    Leave the cap slightly loose to let the mascara dry out slightly.
    Depending on the brand it could take a few days

Oh great, thanks! I'll definitely try that.

elf currently has 40% off all their products so I went and bought a few things. :cool:

565507_10151107213157129_403212824_n.jpg?oh=3425173b756e256d24cdf587b8ca3fb9&oe=50843B32&__gda__=1350947864_a4bf6cff794efd203b0fe4fdd13d5e1f

After the discount and including the delivery it was about €15, I think. Even if they're all crap, it was so cheap that I won't be too disappointed. :p I do hope the primers are good as I've ran out of mine and they're so expensive everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

suomi wrote: »
    elf currently has 40% off all their products so I went and bought a few things. :cool:

565507_10151107213157129_403212824_n.jpg?oh=3425173b756e256d24cdf587b8ca3fb9&oe=50843B32&__gda__=1350947864_a4bf6cff794efd203b0fe4fdd13d5e1f

After the discount and including the delivery it was about €15, I think. Even if they're all crap, it was so cheap that I won't be too disappointed. :p I do hope the primers are good as I've ran out of mine and they're so expensive everywhere else.

is there not a €36 minimum spend? How did you bypass that? By my reckoning you would have to spend like €21 after the discount and then postage is another €4 odd on top of that? Is there a way around it if you got everything for €15? Love to know!

is there not a €36 minimum spend? How did you bypass that? By my reckoning you would have to spend like €21 after the discount and then postage is another €4 odd on top of that? Is there a way around it if you got everything for €15? Love to know!

Sorry, I should've mentioned that my sister bought some stuff as well so it was over €36 in total for the both of us. Sorry about that! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I bought Aldis Carino hair dye on a whim on Friday. My grey roots have to be topped up every 3-4 weeks and im not loyal to any particular brand tbh so i buy whatever's on special.

So, there's some cheap products i'd be skeptical of and hair dye would be one of them. But gave this a try today (v bad roots) and do you know what, i was very very pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It covered all my grey and if you'd never told me where it was from i wouldnt have known any difference from the other "main" brands.No smell and good coverage for my thick hair. €2.49..bargain. The few reviews i read (after applying) didnt seem great so glad i didnt do so beforehand.

9/10... marks off as gloves were ridiculously small.Will be interesting to see how long it'll last now :p

405964_142054_1.jpgnot my pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

A lot happier with this month's GlossyBox thankfully.
    I got an Anatomicals body scrub (grapefruit scented, smells amazing), Dr Jart BB Cream, Yves Rocher lipstick (slightly darker colour than I usually wear but still nice), Olay Regenerist (teeny sample) and Skinetica anti-blemish cream. I've got a She Said Beauty box on the way too so it'll be interesting to see how they compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I gave up on She Said after last month. It was disappointing and unimaginative. Plus their excuse was - "wait till you see next month's box" - which is what GB used to say when their boxes were crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nini324

Hi guys I got a present of MAC iridescent loose powder today in gold deposit. Does anyone know if it's any good/ how best to use it? :)

You can use it as a highlighter. Lightly apply above your cheekbones, on your temples and under your eyebrows. I think with loose powders a light hand is key, you can always build up the colour if you wish.

Youtube kept freezing on me so I don't know how good this video is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04H7LIzUhwA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Got Freezeframe instant Lash €40. Has tiny little fibres on the brush that you stroke on to your lashes, to give a eyelash extension look. Clumpy waste of money.

http://www.freeze-frame.com.au/instant-lash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Does anyone here use bare minerals foundation? Is it long lasting?
    I need something natural looking but that covers redness and evens my complexion that lasts from college at 9am until after work at 6-9 pm..

Allot to ask I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I did a make-up swap on another website recently and my package from the US arrived today! Got some amazing stuff, an Essie in Ballet Slippers, Sally Hanson in Golden-I, Maybelline bouncy blush (wanted to try this for the longest time), Wet n Wild eyeshadow quatro and Wet n Wild lipbalm. I'll put up a pic later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Does anyone here use bare minerals foundation? Is it long lasting?
    I need something natural looking but that covers redness and evens my complexion that lasts from college at 9am until after work at 6-9 pm..

Allot to ask I know!
    I don't like it. It does give good coverage if you build it up, but tends to look cakey on my skin. I prefer Lily Lilo mineral foundation and it's much cheaper too!
    http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/

I am going to try ELF mineral foundation next - it's only £5 and they always have offers.

I did a make-up swap on another website recently and my package from the US arrived today! Got some amazing stuff, an Essie in Ballet Slippers, Sally Hanson in Golden-I, Maybelline bouncy blush (wanted to try this for the longest time), Wet n Wild eyeshadow quatro and Wet n Wild lipbalm. I'll put up a pic later!

ooh is there a website that organises this? pleeease share :)

Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study. Love this as a base, have wanted it for ages.

mac-bare-study1.jpg

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Radium. Have only swatched it so far but the colour is amazing.

61860_247liquid_radium.jpg

Twee. wrote: »
    Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study. Love this as a base, have wanted it for ages.

mac-bare-study1.jpg

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Radium. Have only swatched it so far but the colour is amazing.

61860_247liquid_radium.jpg

Bare Study is amazing- I love it as a base under eyeshadows and I even use it on lazy days where I couldnt be bothered actually applying eyeshadow. Between that and Painterly, I wear one of them every single day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

abeauty11_1113682g.jpg

Rimmel Scandal Eyes mascara - I don't like it. My favourite mascara is They're Real by Benefit, followed by Bourjois Volumizer. I have pretty long lashes so I like 'plumping' mascara and this does not do it for me at all. Scandal eyes? I wouldn't even call it 'your lashes, but better', it is barely noticeable. I also do not like the brush. Gonna stick to my old reliables in future!

That was quite the rant! :pac:

s1368687-main-hero.jpg

Soap & Glory, Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em body buff - I prefer S&G's other exfoliators as I find this one a bit too grainy. That's just a personal preference. It still smells nice and works fine.

11116|0000365a2|90df_orh100000w240_botanics-orgainc.jpg

Botanics Face Super Balm - I love this. I've re-purchased it a few times. My skin can get pretty dry in the winter so I use this at night time and in the morning, my skin feels softer and my make up applies better. Good if your skin gets dry and flaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I've been budgeting by buying maybelline foundation instead of my usual ELDW n have decided its false economy so repurchased it today, 35 euro but so relieved to have it back!!

Bought soap n glorys thick and fast mascara yest, not particularly impressed and got their eyebrow pencil/highlighter as it was buy one get second half price. Pretty good but not quite dark enough for me would def recommend for dark blonde light brown hair, I'm dark brown and I think rimmels professional one is better, pity tho cause liked it well enough.

Sad about the mascara. Why oh why can't they do something with the formula of benefits they're real? It's amazing stuff but dries out far to quickly to justify spending 25 euro on every month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bought Elemis Award winners collection a couple of weeks back for €27
    123733950299?resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.5,0,0&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=5.208333333333333&id=i0Qqb3
    This keeps on coming in and out of stock http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123733950299_-1 (I actually got 2 of them (one to give as a pressie) and got a free gift of Elemis bath milk (worth about €40 - which I will also be giving as a pressie) and some elemis minatures and a toiletry bag. That offer is over now though )

And this evening I put in an order for another set Papaya Daily Essentials kit which includes a full size toner, cleansing gel and papaya peel for €34.60 (The RRPs are €29.50, €29.50 and €41.50 respectively for them so pretty good value)
    123733923899?$ProdLarge$
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123733923899_-1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I got BeneFit The Porefessional primer, and I quite like it. It smells kinda citrussy and has a lovely consistency and finish. I don't know about its pore-refining qualities but it feels less oily than my GOSH one, so I'm happy :)

s1259068-main-hero.jpg

I've been wanting to try Mac foundation for a while, so I got Studio Fix in NW20. I need three layers to get decent coverage, but I have horribly spotty skin so it's not surprising really. It lasts nicely even on oily skin. If I buy it again I might get a lighter shade though.

mac-studio-fix-fluid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Those Elemis Award Winner sets are back in stock in Debenhams, along with free gift (Pro-collagen oxygenating night cream 15ml, Rehydrating rosepetal cleanser 50ml, Frangipani monoi body oil 35ml, Frangipani monoi shower cream 50ml and Rehydrating ginseng toner 50ml)

Got a couple for Chrimbo pressies, thanks for posting it Lindtee!

Those Elemis Award Winner sets are back in stock in Debenhams, along with free gift (Pro-collagen oxygenating night cream 15ml, Rehydrating rosepetal cleanser 50ml, Frangipani monoi body oil 35ml, Frangipani monoi shower cream 50ml and Rehydrating ginseng toner 50ml)

Got a couple for Chrimbo pressies, thanks for posting it Lindtee!

No probs :) Wish the free offer had been on earlier in the week and I would have added another of the Award winners set to my order of the papaya set:( Was considering getting another 2 award sets as gifts to get the free gift but its completely out of stock again. Will have to keep an eye on it. The free gift is worth €77. (wouldn't think its quite worth that but I'd use everything in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

lindtee wrote: »
    No probs :) Wish the free offer had been on earlier in the week and I would have added another of the Award winners set to my order of the papaya set:( Was considering getting another 2 award sets as gifts to get the free gift but its completely out of stock again. Will have to keep an eye on it. The free gift is worth €77. (wouldn't think its quite worth that but I'd use everything in it)

No such luck for me either - I just got a mail a day after the order had been processed to say it was cancelled due to lack of stock. Really annoying, you'd think it would tell you that when ordering..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

I normally use Drugstore/Chemist brands but on a recent trip to NYC I went a little crazy in the MAC and Sephoras stores and bought

MAC Studio Finish Powder in NC20
    powder.jpg
    Actually love this!! Its one I will definitely repurchase

MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 1
    Matchmaster-1.0-72.jpg
    Nice foundation, creamier than what I'd normally get. It has SPF 15 so I wouldn't wear it on a night out with camera flash!

MAC Bronzer Powder in Bronze
    MAC%20Bronzer.jpg
    Really like this, put its hard to get on the brush!

MAC Prep & Prime
    mac-prepprime-skin.jpg

Mac Studio Finish Concealer
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=15447734

Urban Decay Naked Palette
    I'm officially converted! I absolutely love it and can't believe it took me so long to purchase this! The colours are great, great pigment, blends fab and lasts all day. You use so little and get a great result that I can see that it will last me forever!! If you haven't bought it - DO!

Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
    All+nighter.jpg
    Excellent - love it. Used it last Sunday morning and then went out Sunday night and didn't have to reapply make up at all.

Make Up Forever HD Foundation
    ce34061288a9e0ffa19254394cb46680.jpg
    I love this foundation. Coverage is great, blends beautifully and lasts.

Sephora Perfecting Tinted Moisturiser
    s1206929-main-hero.jpg
    Got this in Light and in Medium and I love it. Its what I wear every day and its great.

Sephora's Eyelash Curlers
    s1377480-main-hero.jpg
    Love these!

Benefit High Beam
    High_Beam_Hijab.jpg

Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara
    estee_lauder_double_wear.jpg
    Great, doesn't smudge and lasts all day.

Sephora Pro Flawless Brushes
    pro-flawless-airbrush-56-P313012?skuId=1419407
    s1419415-main-hero.jpg
    s1419381-main-hero.jpg
    s1302371-main-hero.jpg

I have to say that I love all the brushes! Apply all types of foundation and powders really well, blend really well and wash easily.

So........ I think I've bought enough cosmetics for the next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I officially hate you! I'm sooooo jealous :p

I have the same Sephora brush kit in the little zip up. They're all great, love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Sephora has their VIB sale (20% off everything) and I don't know what to buuuuyyyy... I'm tempted by the UD all night spray.

Very jealous of all your purchases culsoh (not to mind the trip to NYC)
    After reading all the postive reviews of the They're real Mascara. I finally gave in and ordered. Very uphappy with all my current mascaras so hope that this suits me. Debenhams have a 10% off code TR49(ending tonight) making it €22.50 in a pack with with a free mini 4g mascara. Also get a free mini (7.5g) porefessional (free gift not showing up in basket but neither did the last gift and I got it)
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901004199_-1
    123901004199?$V7PdpLarge$
    Was going to get Double Wear with the 10% off but the shade I want is out of stock:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

41rWaOJSuiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Merry Christmas to meee! Got myself a Clarisonic Mia today and some replacement brush heads. :) Hope it lives up to it's hype!

Advertisement