Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Isolt wrote: »
    I bought Benefit's Porefessional recently, it definitely does make your make up look very flawless. However, it's pricey enough for the teeny tiny tube you get. The product is great but if you're using it everyday it probably won't last too long!
    http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/the-porefessional

I love Porefessional! I only recently ran out of my own tube and I've had it for over a year! In the end, I cut it open so I could squeeze out the last few bits of it :pac: I don't use loads at a time, though, and only on key areas like my cheeks, nose, and forehead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is really the right place to as but I thought I'd try my luck. I'm looking for a really good but cheap eyeliner. Preferably a thick pencil and really really dark. I usually use a small benefit pencil that I've had for a while but that seems to have disappeared on me. Any recommendatiosn? Does anyone know if this Barry M one would be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Catrice have a 'fabulous 40s' collection that should be in chemists & shops here about now in those sort of colours. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them but haven't seen em yet

http://www.catrice.eu/limited-edition/hollywoods-fabulous-40ties/detail/product/absolute-eye-colour-quattro-01-1.html

http://www.catrice.eu/limited-edition/hollywoods-fabulous-40ties/detail/product/absolute-eye-colour-quattro-02.html

Wow they're lovely MissFlitworth! I have seen that brand in Dunnes alright so must keep an eye out! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is really the right place to as but I thought I'd try my luck. I'm looking for a really good but cheap eyeliner. Preferably a thick pencil and really really dark. I usually use a small benefit pencil that I've had for a while but that seems to have disappeared on me. Any recommendatiosn? Does anyone know if this Barry M one would be any good?

Rimmel have new pencils out at the minute that are meant to be brilliant and comparable to the Urban Decay ones. Also the Avon Supershock are quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

ams wrote: »
    Rimmel have new pencils out at the minute that are meant to be brilliant and comparable to the Urban Decay ones. Also the Avon Supershock are quite good

I love Catrice's smokey eye pencil or Soap & Glory have lovely ones that come with a small sharpener! Really want to try Urban Decay Perversion though as it's meant to be excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I just got the Urban Decay smoked palette earlier, havnt used the eyeshadows yet(But if theyre as good as the usual standard I cant wait :D) I just tried the perversion eyeliner, I hadnt used a glide on 2/7 pencil before so was eagar to see what the fuss was.. And my lord..
    Easily the best black eyeliner Ive ever had. Its simply amazing. I could never go back to cheaper brands.
    Im in total awe of this. Cant wait to try more colours now :D

EDIT: Also one of my eyes was weeping a lot and it stayed through it all. Im in love!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Managed to get my hands on an Isadora lipstick in Winter Red, an Isadora felt eye-liner pen in black, and a black Isadora kohl eyeliner pencil all for the shocking price of six euro (two euro per item!).

I friggin' love when my local chemist does sales! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

deise_girl wrote: »
    I just got the Urban Decay smoked palette earlier, havnt used the eyeshadows yet(But if theyre as good as the usual standard I cant wait :D) I just tried the perversion eyeliner, I hadnt used a glide on 2/7 pencil before so was eagar to see what the fuss was.. And my lord..
    Easily the best black eyeliner Ive ever had. Its simply amazing. I could never go back to cheaper brands.

EDIT: Also one of my eyes was weeping a lot and it stayed through it all. Im in love!!

where did you get the smoked palatte deise girl and did the eyeliner come with it? what colour is is?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

deise_girl wrote: »

where did you get the smoked palatte deise girl and did the eyeliner come with it? what colour is is?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

pushkii wrote: »

I got it on Debenhams website, 15% off until the end of today :)
    And it came with the blackest black ever, perversion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

mascara-lash-architect-4d.jpg&w=490&h=255&ei=BN3FUIC3J4u5hAf91IHwAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=186&dur=327&hovh=162&hovw=311&tx=194&ty=88&sig=101437721497172700334&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=285&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:82

Loreal 4d lash architect...Got this about two weeks ago in waterproof....awful, no lengthening, the 'volume' is just clumping and actually makes me eyelashes look smaller!

Also got rimmels wake me up foundation, don't love it at all, the lightest shade is too dark for me and it looks like i have glitter all over my face when i'm in light....everyone else seems to love it though???

touche-veloutee.jpeg&w=350&h=350&ei=d-DFUOn5OsXPhAfBk4GQDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=411&vpy=258&dur=3813&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=107&ty=104&sig=101437721497172700334&page=1&tbnh=151&tbnw=136&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:111

This is by terry's touch veloutee...I posted about getting this on the touch eclat thread, its amazing i love it! I didn't think the colour was a perfect match next to my foundation but it melts into my skin, mainly a concealer with a touch of highlighting, i used it down the centre of my face to brighten a bit and blended and its perfect for that too. Really pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

was in boots yesterday and they had a small version of the benefit there real mascara for 11 euro at the till and being the impulse buyer victim that I am I bought one :rolleyes:

I've long eyelashes but was still impressed with this it made them very long and thick :)

Photos below

Also picked up loreal recital hair dye it said 'up to 8 weeks' on the box and I only realised when i got home its permanent so I wont use it (dont use permanent colour only semi as I like to easily change my mind!). how can it be permanent (it says on the box permenent does not wash out) and only work for 8 weeks though?

29BDEF0A-4326-4FF2-B7E9-E5A6CA9E1F86-5746-000009B7DD0D4773.jpg

5CC3CC33-C2A0-4D21-BF9A-A5C416630FC9-5746-000009B7DC3C069F.jpg

how can it be permanent (it says on the box permenent does not wash out) and only work for 8 weeks though?

It takes about 8 weeks until you need to do your roots?

Isadora lipstick in Winter Red. Only cost two euro, and I love how red it is. Pic below (anyone I talk to on boards knows what I look like anyway so whatever) -

Liquid liner was a felt tip one from Isadora, also only two euro!

2w2g5t0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Isadora lipstick in Winter Red. Only cost two euro, and I love how red it is. Pic below (anyone I talk to on boards knows what I look like anyway so whatever) -

Liquid liner was a felt tip one from Isadora, also only two euro!

2w2g5t0.jpg

Lovely-where do you find these?

slowmoe wrote: »
    Lovely-where do you find these?

You can get Isadora in most chemists like Unicare and such, but they're fairly expensive.

The place I got them cheap in is a Doc Morris sale shop in Coolock (Northside Shopping Centre). It's closing down, so all Max Factor, Gosh, Bourjois and Isadora make up are two euro per item. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

My mom got sick of hearing me mention that this had sold out, so she asked a friend to pick it up in Dublin Airport. A good reason to go downstairs at the crack of dawn on Christmas (so it'll be dry by the time dinner's ready) :D

chanel-malice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^Can't see your pic bscm :(

Just put in an order for Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in demolition
    123337458-260x260-0-0_urban+decay+urban+decay+24+7+glide+on+eye+pencil+d.jpg
    And the [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion
    321.jpg
    And got a free mini eye primer lotion.

I had wanted to get one of the eye shadow pencils too but that wasn't reduced by the 20% off voucher for some reason.

[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Treated myself to the Soap and Glory best of all set yesterday :D
    41rfMywpjnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^^Got the Soap and Glory set too even though I said I wouldn't due to still having products from last years set left! Couldn't resist when I actually saw it in boots
    I posted the below in Bargain alerts but thought some of ye here might not have spotted it. From 21st Dec.
    Just saw this on HUKD. Looks lovely. Will def be dropping hints for this onewink.png Loved last years No 7 one. Prob even more than the S&G one! Def got more use out of the products.

Word is that it will be £30 in England so hopefully not more than €40 here.
    10144613?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1
    Contains
    • No7 Protect and Perfect Day Cream (50ml),
    • No7 Protect and Perfect Night Cream (50ml),
    • No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion (200ml),
    • No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin Rescue (50ml),
    • No7 Blissful Body Wash (200ml),
    • No7 Completely Quenched Moisture Lotion (200ml),
    • No7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black (7ml),
    • Limited Edition Lip Gloss (8ml),
    • Eye Shadow Palette (4.5g).
    http://www.boots.com/en/No7-The-Ulti...ction_1273729/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The chemist near my office has the Catrice Fabulous 40s stuff in after what seemed like 6 million years of 'Cucuba' so today I got myself a lipstick in Holly Rose Wood & an eye palette in She's a Lady (badly needed a neutrals eyeshadow palette in a size that will fit in my makeup bag after an annoying incident involving my Naked palette flipping open in my bag and the shiny black shadow shattering over EVERYTHING)

Haven't used the eyeshadows yet but the lipstick is gorgeous, it's a lovely, soft mat rose pink

catrice-le-fab-40-holly-rose-wood.jpg?w=529&h=315 (from Ladandyzetter)

and I will be buying the other 2 I think.

Also replaced my Denman hairbrush which I lost somewhere on my travels. Love Denman hairbrushes! My hair is really thick and they are one of the few brands of brushes that deal with the ridiculous knots in it without making me eff & blind

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got the new Sleek glitter palette, which I really like, but the only bad thing is that the shades do not look very glittery once you apply them. But the colours are all really nice.

Ordered the Benefit skincare set, I think it is 6 sample sized items which is nice because I wanted to buy the eye cream or the moisturiser so i can try them out before deciding to buy the full sized products.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Picked up a Benefit gift set in Arnotts for €33! Only one day in with the products but I like them so far. There's two moisturisers, an eye cream and a mini Porefessional.

8798916673566.png

And I got this Lancome highlighter for €20.50. Quite sheer, but makes a nice highlight.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-17-at-16.39.13.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

My boyfriend bought me some beauty products as part of my Christmas present. I didn't mention any products in particular he just went shopping and bought names he recognised! Apparently he nearly passed out at the Bobbi Brown counter upon hearing the price of something :pac:
    Anyhow the boy done well! (he seems to have absorbed a lot from the youtube tutorials I watch - he's quite impressed with pixiwoos :D)

Urban Decay Naked Basics and Smoked 24hr glide on eye pencil set. My first UD products!

Real Techniques core collection
    Mac 217 My first Mac brush!

Delighted with them all such a great surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Christmas haul of an Inglot Freedom Palette (Matte: 329/360/355/340, Pearl: 421/450, AMC: 65). Despite the fact it's from my sister, I spent many hours searching for MAC dupes before compiling my list :D

Also got a MAC 217 brush from the parents

Got some money for Christmas, so picked these up whilst sales shopping. Needed the cleanser and have lusted over the eyelash curlers for about a year now :)

shu-uemura-eyelash-curler.jpg

9_To_5_4c18fa0fe5223.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

havent posted here in a while (due to being pregnant and having no money/inclination to indulge)...OH surprised me by adding to the chrimbo present...

Estee Lauder DW (yayyy!!!) all time favourite foundation

Benefit Dandelion foundation IMO best blusher on the market but havent tried Nars which I've heard great things about)

Bad Gal liner (excellent, decent pigmentation) and Bad Gal mascara (ok but not a patch on they're real)

Benefit Playstick in Spin the Bottle (Love, love, love the smell and coverage but for special occasion wear only and it doesnt have the staying power of ELDW by a long shot)

Think thats it (thats enough anyway :))...now better make it last cause wont be able to justify any non essential make up purchases for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

My boyfriend got me the Urban Decay Naked Palette and the Smoked Pencil set. Soooooo happy!

One of my friends gave me a voucher for BT's so I got Mac Studio Fix in their new ultra pale NW10 (good for us super pale people!!) and some fluidline gel liner in blacktrack.

Good haul this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

my friend got me the urban decay feminine palette for Christmas :D Haven't tried it yet but plan to tomorrow.

My sister got me Mac eyeshadow in smut velvet I love it!

My mum got me the soap and glory set and its fab I used it last night the righteous butter is amazing stuff!

I recommended Estee Lauder double wear to my mum based on all the positive reviews here and she loves it (cheers boardies!) its great as she was going mad that she can no longer get her favourite brand over here but since using DW she couldn't care less :D got a sample for myself the other day and can;t decide if I like it or not. I think the shade might be a bit wrong for me! (the girl tested it on my hand and it looked grand but on my face its a little too yellow toned i think). Its ivory beige so I might need the next shade up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My mum bought me a Bare Minerals The Dream Team brush set for Christmas and I'm in love! The sculpting brush is great, as is the tapered shadow brush and the liner brush. Finally I have decent brushes!

181-3001277-62459_M?$PDP_M$

I was also given a lovely little MAC set, with black eyeliner, mascara, a shadow brush and a shimmery white and black shadow palette, all in a cute green leopard print pouch

329-81004873-ML7A01_M?$PDP_M$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

10139948?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

Botanics Cleansing Balm - I love this. Previous to this I've used No. 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I really liked, and No. 7 Cleansing Water which I wasn't crazy about. This cleansing balm is so nice though. I will definitely repurchase.

Advertisement