Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Went a bit mad in Benefit (even though I got a bunch of their stuff for Christmas)

Benefit-Sun-Beam.png

^ Always wanted this, hope it's worth it

Benefit_Fast_Train_To_Fabulous1348050205.jpg

wanted Benetint (always wanted to try it and instead of paying like €26 for just that, got all of the above for €36!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

bare-minerals_1_292_292_s_c1.jpg
    Got this because I want a lightish coverage for college. Also wanted to try their brushes so I said I'd get the starter pack to see how it goes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A boring but much needed product, €13 from Mac. Just about to run out of my Make Up Forever one.

_5383878.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Got a load of Yes to Carrots products from my sister for christmas really liking them. My skin is looking good at the mo, and i also like the fact the scent isn't too strong, and they contain mostly natural ingredients.

yes-to-carrots-collection.jpg

Also got Mac's lipstick in Taupe. A really nice reddy brown, heard a lot of reviews online saying it only really suits girls with darker skin and i'm really pale, and love it on me :)

mac-taupe-lipstick1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I might have to go get that lipstick!! Looks gorgeous :)

I forgot I also got this little gem for Christmas... Not sure if the photos attached! It's a small Sephora Blinged palette.... Really handy to have for touch ups!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Not sure will these work for me but at €15 (from Sam McCauley) they were worth a go and I can pass them on to a friend if they don't.
    sleep-rollers---pink-glitter-roller---limited-addition-eNQW.jpg

FYI Sam McCauley now have 75% off many giftsets (the likes of bayliss and harding etc) a lot of the high end skin-care sets are 33% off (clarins etc) and many other gift items (such as the sleep in rollers and mid range products) are half price. They had some Mac and Urban Decay items at half price too (but the urban decay shadows were sold out where I looked, also slightly dubious as to the authenticity of them)

Also got the "Gok Bag of Indulgance" from boots (blackpool, cork) which is already 75% off (15 euro here)
    http://www.boots.com/en/Gok-Bag-Of-Indulgence_1267210/
    10142667?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1
    Also reduced by 75% is the Sheer Sanctuary Indulgance set but that was sold out in Blackpool. Going to have a look in Cork city for it tomorrow as I love Santuary products. Edit - They had a good few in the big boots in Cork priced at €13.50. Great for presents for next christmas. Could not physically carry more than two though as I had other shopping bags.
    http://www.boots.com/en/Sheer-Sanctuary-Indulgence_1273687/?cm_mmc_o=-uubkbzfwlCjCKww5kbELCjCvi%20i9%20niioCjCC
    sanctuaryspaset.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I ran out of my usual Dior mascara durning the week and needed a cheap alternative for the weekend.

I picked up this essence mascara http://www.essence.eu/us/usa/products/eyes/mascara/product/7.html for €3.00 and found it fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Got L'Occitane hand cream as part of a Christmas present set. It's fantastic, by far the best hand cream I've ever tried. I'm very tempted to buy a second one to have it in work at all times as well!

http://uk.loccitane.com/shea-butter-hand-cream,83,1,29994,271739.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

jokettle wrote: »
    Got L'Occitane hand cream as part of a Christmas present set. It's fantastic, by far the best hand cream I've ever tried. I'm very tempted to buy a second one to have it in work at all times as well!

http://uk.loccitane.com/shea-butter-hand-cream,83,1,29994,271739.htm

As well as leaving your hands amazingly soft, it smells devine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Ava_e wrote: »
    As well as leaving your hands amazingly soft, it smells devine.

Very true! There was also a mango body butter in the set which I haven't used yet, but it thankfully smells like mango and not some artificial additives which are supposed to smell of mango, but really don't (I'm thinking of The Body Shop's products).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Steffie85

This really is a fantastic post girls....knew on here but have literally had a read of every page taking notes of all the tips and info you have provided......thanks ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

lindtee wrote: »
    Not sure will these work for me but at €15 (from Sam McCauley) they were worth a go and I can pass them on to a friend if they don't.

Sleep in rollers pic

FYI Sam McCauley now have 75% off many giftsets (the likes of bayliss and harding etc) a lot of the high end skin-care sets are 33% off (clarins etc) and many other gift items (such as the sleep in rollers and mid range products) are half price. They had some Mac and Urban Decay items at half price too (but the urban decay shadows were sold out where I looked, also slightly dubious as to the authenticity of them)

I'd say they're real ones, probably last seasons stock or something. Cara Pharmacy (a chemist chain in the NW) always has MAC and UD stuff that was out a few years ago too - I checked the MAC stuff there against something I had bought in an actual MAC store to see if it was real (based on the hints in youtube comparison vids), and they were the exact same packaging/quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

FINALLY got the UD Naked Palette for Christmas and i love it. Such a small amount of colour goes a long way. The ONLY complaint i have is the the powder fallout below the eyes, im currently wearing Sidecar and have loads of glittery bits all around my eyes so cant give it top marks unfortunately. :o Still brilliant, brilliant palette though. Trying to explain to my Dad what a "Naked palette" is was very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

anniehoo wrote: »
    FINALLY got the UD Naked Palette for Christmas and i love it. Such a small amount of colour goes a long way. The ONLY complaint i have is the the powder fallout below the eyes, im currently wearing Sidecar and have loads of glittery bits all around my eyes so cant give it top marks unfortunately. :o Still brilliant, brilliant palette though. Trying to explain to my Dad what a "Naked palette" is was very funny.

Sidecar is the only one that has that problem, it's such a shame because it's an amazing colour!

I bought the naked basics, the colours aren't as soft as I would have hoped, they don't blend half as well as the matte colours from the first naked palette, I'm a bit annoyed to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I bought the naked basics, the colours aren't as soft as I would have hoped, they don't blend half as well as the matte colours from the first naked palette, I'm a bit annoyed to be honest!

Agree completely. I'm using it daily for work since Christmas, and it's not getting any easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Waiting on these as have ordered online but can't wait to try them out!

First up Urban Decay Perversion which is meant to be incredibly black and all around amazing so can't wait to try it out!

e0b7f6d698aeb457584d74bbe0451624.jpg

Also have been looking for the holy grail contouring product for my pale skin and read review after review praising Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder which set me back around 45 quid online but hopefully will last forever and be truly amazing!!
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6011718

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

juke wrote: »

Agree completely. I'm using it daily for work since Christmas, and it's not getting any easier.
    I haven't heard anyone else criticize the formula though? It's annoying because tyre colours are great, I almost feel like I got a bad batch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Just had a little spree on the millies.ie page because their sale is on.

Got a fab clarins set with the energising cleanser, serum and cream and an elmis gift set for 43 euro! Can't wait to get them

http://www.millies.ie/Products/Elemis-Fresh-Skin-Moisturise-and-Glow-50-Off__4598.aspx

http://www.millies.ie/Products/Clarins-Daily-Energiser-Collection-30-Off__01920810.aspx

Was in Sam McCauleys this morning and they had a few Clarins foundations half price. I got - Skin illusion (14.97)And Extra firming foundation at €19.97 Sales Assistant said they were discontinuing the shade 103 which is why they were on offer :(
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpA2bFKJKIEquoO_0I4sDDTcV3AXaDfL4ONQ3u_jN66BGag8udggimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr6S8bmdrGrPGh-E0e64Irk57rCpJOqN2etRK9lDtz2rXAvYrR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got an Essence Nail art stamping kit at the weekend, just tried it for the first time now. It's really good and was super cheap! I wish there were more designs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Smokey eyes, could you tell me a little more about the sculpting product? :D Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Tasden wrote: »
    Smokey eyes, could you tell me a little more about the sculpting product? :D Thanks!

I wana know too! Where did you order it from? It's hard to find a nice sculpting kit for pale skin like mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

anniehoo wrote: »

I agree about sidecar. It's a gorgeous colour but talk about glitter ball face after putting it on! I've found that if I apply it over a sticky base, say a light coloured eyeliner blended out or a cream shadow like the essence stay all day ones, then press the shadow on top you don't get as much glitter showing through or falling on your face. Also I do my face makeup after doing the eyes so I can easily wipe any fallout off with a wipe or something. Enjoy playing with the rest of the colours :-)

Tasden wrote: »
    Isolt wrote: »
    I wana know too! Where did you order it from? It's hard to find a nice sculpting kit for pale skin like mine :D

Hey girls, I only ordered it yesterday but it arrived this morning!! It's touted as the best contour powder as it's matte with no orange tones so should work well on all skin tones and look like a proper shadow rather than an orange line! It's used on Kristen Stewart a lot and everyone raves about it! It wasn't cheap but is meant to last ages and I bought it from the Irish site www.misebeauty.com!

Going to try it out today and review on my blog early next week so I'll post the link then when I know more!:)

Great blog smokeyeyes. Didn't realise that you had one before.

lindtee wrote: »
    Great blog smokeyeyes. Didn't realise that you had one before.

Ah ta' very much:D Love my blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Isolt wrote: »
    also bought Lush's new mascara. I was sceptical and am still not 100% convinced. I like nice, thick lashes but this is fairly watery to apply. Although, it doesn't feel heavy on my eyes at all and is removed easily unlike some other mascaras. It seems to have a conditioning quality to it too as my eyelashes feel very soft now. Maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more and try build up the thickness.
    https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6036/Eyes-Right

How have you been getting on with this product?

Just ordered the Urban Decay Shadow Box. Half price at Debenhams at €17.75
    713412.jpg
    Looks good
    I had already ordered two owl pallettes from Marks and spencer (which get good reviews) at €2.60 each (using code SPRING1) this morning but could not resist the Urban Decay Pallette. I am NOT looking forward to my CC bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Smokey eyes - I also am only after visiting your blog after above post, really good, well done you !!!

Advertisement