Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

lindtee wrote: »
    Just ordered the Urban Decay Shadow Box. Half price at Debenhams at €17.75
    713412.jpg
    Looks good
    I had already ordered two owl pallettes from Marks and spencer (which get good reviews) at €2.60 each (using code SPRING1) this morning but could not resist the Urban Decay Pallette. I am NOT looking forward to my CC bill.

Could you let me know what the owl palettes are like? Might get one next week .. and when does that code expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

biohaiid wrote: »
    Could you let me know what the owl palettes are like? Might get one next week .. and when does that code expire?

I doubt they will last that long, you can get one delivered to your local store and it will only cost €2.60 Has to be worth a punt at that price. People who bought at full price said it was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I doubt they will last that long, you can get one delivered to your local store and it will only cost €2.80 (not €2.60 as I said last night) Has to be worth a punt at that price. People who bought at full price said it was good value.

Thing is I live nowhere near an M&S. I will be in Galway next week though, so I think I'll order one to be collected the day I'm there.
    Sure even if the code expires they're not expensive anyway. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Luno wrote: »
    bare-minerals_1_292_292_s_c1.jpg
    Got this because I want a lightish coverage for college. Also wanted to try their brushes so I said I'd get the starter pack to see how it goes.

This is terrible, wasn't worth the 47 euro I paid nevermind the 70 odd euro they charge elsewhere. Kind of disgusted at how bad the set has been, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

On a lighter note, I bought some Rescue Oil from Dealz a while back and I've seen some slight improvements on scarring. I've never used Bio Oil but I think this stuff is good!
    $(KGrHqR,!noE9fo8y904BPmVi33IUQ~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Just ordered the Urban Decay Shadow Box. Half price at Debenhams at €17.75
    713412.jpg
    Looks good
    I had already ordered two owl pallettes from Marks and spencer (which get good reviews) at €2.80 each (using code SPRING1) this morning but could not resist the Urban Decay Pallette. I am NOT looking forward to my CC bill.

I just picked up the owl palette for €2.60 and Autograph Sensuale (meant to be great dupe of one of my all time fave perfumes- Chanel Allure) for €7.20 using this code - I'll collect during the week - thanks!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Smokey eyes - can you pm me a link to you blog please? I'd love to read it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    Smokey eyes - can you pm me a link to you blog please? I'd love to read it. Thanks.

Me too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Got myself Revlon lip butter in "Candy Apple", impressed so far, soft, long lasting and a lovely apple red colour.

Also got Revlon grow luscious mascara, will give another few tries but so far finding it very dry on application, not liking so far :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A few updates on stuff I bought!

- MAC brush cleanser: Not entirely impressed with this. I find the Make Up Forever one to be a much more thorough clean. I find I have to use more of the MAC and don't get as good a clean.

- Benefit Triple Performance moisturiser: A nice moisturiser but I have see myself running out of it quickly. Most moisturisers seem to be "a little goes a long way", but not this one.

- MAC Orb eyeshadow: Love this! A great matte shadow, good as a base.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Waiting on these as have ordered online but can't wait to try them out!

First up Urban Decay Perversion which is meant to be incredibly black and all around amazing so can't wait to try it out!

e0b7f6d698aeb457584d74bbe0451624.jpg

Also have been looking for the holy grail contouring product for my pale skin and read review after review praising Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder which set me back around 45 quid online but hopefully will last forever and be truly amazing!!
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6011718

The gf just said to me there that she gets this in harvey nichols for 37 and has been using it for ages, its great ....and a load of other stuff i switched off for :(

the kevin aucoin thing i mean!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

genie_us wrote: »

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    jomc wrote: »
    The gf just said to me there that she gets this in harvey nichols for 37 and has been using it for ages, its great ....and a load of other stuff i switched off for :(

the kevin aucoin thing i mean!!!!

Ooh nice to know and good on the listening, must remember to get it from there next time so!!:D

My blog is in my signature but don't think that's always visible or if you click on my name on this post, my homepage should come up as an option! Anyway happy for all Irish girls to visit, means the world so it's [URL]mod: see signature for link[/URL]! Hope ok to link to!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Me as well please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Ooh nice to know and good on the listening, must remember to get it from there next time so!!:D

My blog is in my signature but don't think that's always visible or if you click on my name on this post, my homepage should come up as an option! Anyway happy for all Irish girls to visit, means the world so it's [URL]mod: see signature for link[/URL]! Hope ok to link to!

Can you pm me a link too Smokey? I can't see the signature, the url link or go to your homepage for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Done and will pm the other girls too, if anyone else wants the address just send me a pm! Delighted with all the interest girls:):):)

It's amazing, love it already! Well done!

Had a quick look there myself SmokeyEyes. Good job! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Your blog is really good smokey eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Ah delighted thanks a million reader support means the world to the blog so thrilled if you girls will stop by now and again!:):):)

If anyone ever wants info on products or anything feel free to contact me, I'm lucky enough to try out a huge amount of stuff!

Ok well now that you mention it... :D
    I'm on the lookout for something to brighten up under my eyes- was thinking of touche eclat but was told that a concealer may be better- I see you recommended collection 2000, is that ok for pale skin and all skin types?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you can't see sigs you can go to the users profile and click "About Me" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Great blog Smokey! It's very polished and you have so many reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Great blog Smokey! It's very polished and you have so many reviews!

I think that's what I like about it too, it is very polished! Keep up the good work SmokeyEyes!

Tasden wrote: »
    Ok well now that you mention it... :D
    I'm on the lookout for something to brighten up under my eyes- was thinking of touche eclat but was told that a concealer may be better- I see you recommended collection 2000, is that ok for pale skin and all skin types?

Ah thank you for all the lovely compliments!

Collection 2000's concealer in fair is excellent for under eyes, I'm pale and it's perfect shade wise!

Also for concealing in general I have to recommend Graftobian's colour corrector wheel which also comes in a HD palette version! You have to order from them online but they're used in the theatre and stuff and they're amazing, they offer all the concealer you'd ever need for problem areas!
    Can be bought here http://camerareadycosmetics.com/brands/Graftobian.html?gclid=COTpip-B6bQCFQ7LtAodhC0A0g or here https://www.facefxmakeupsupplies.ie/shop.html#!/~/search/keywords=graftobian&offset=0&sort=relevance
    5077809332.jpg
    r_1327317038Graftobian%20corrector%20palette.jpg

Ah thank you for all the lovely compliments!

Collection 2000's concealer in fair is excellent for under eyes, I'm pale and it's perfect shade wise!

Also for concealing in general I have to recommend Graftobian's colour corrector wheel which also comes in a HD palette version! You have to order from them online but they're used in the theatre and stuff and they're amazing, they offer all the concealer you'd ever need for problem areas!
    Can be bought here

Just on the subject of these colour correctors...how do you use them? I've got the catrice palette. I bought it thinking I could use the green for spots but it makes me look kinda grey. Am I using it wrong if I put the green colour over spots followed by skin toned one?

In my colour corrector wheel the green is good for covering up redness or the yellow as well! I use this over spots first (over a good primer) and I suppose there is a tinge to my skin then but then I apply my bb cream and then dot on a normal concealer (the Collection 2000 one) which usually does a good job and your skin should look normal again! . I'm also trying out Dermablend this week which is meant to be the holy grail for spots so I'll let you know when that review is up and whether it does a better job!

Thanks for that! I'm enjoying the catrice concealer in my shade, it covers well and lasts well when set with powder. Just since it works so well alone, I'm left with all these other colours I dont think I'll use. Very interested in dermablend-do keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

lancome doll eyes mascara , been using it a few weeks was shocking the first few times i tried it was very wet and spider like but after 2 weeks it was fine wasnt wet or spider like anymore , its a nice mascara but not worth the money imo.wont be swapping it for my artdeco all in one.

sleek form face , love it has everything in it in a little compact , everyone should own one .

Just to let you know verdict on the Urban Decay Perversion liner, it's the business have given it a huge thumbs up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Just to let you know verdict on the Urban Decay Perversion liner, it's the business have given it a huge thumbs up!!
    I agree!! Best black liner I have ever used. Creamy and smooth, blackest black that you can get and stays in the water line all day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Soap and glory mighty mouth - this is amazing!

I was worried as I like sexy motherpucker but found it dried my lips. This stuff is the opposite. My lips were in bits but when I put this on its really smooth, lasts ages, plus it makes my lips look way bigger and really soft! Not quite angelina jolie lips but a massive improvement on what mine normally look like! It plumps them up right away with out any horrible tingling or anything and already they are way less sore and no longer cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Also giving a big thumbs up to the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder, posted up about it today on the blog but will try resize a photo and stick it on here so you can see how it works!

I just read your review, and i'm 100% convinced :) I need it in my life :)

Repurchased Rimmel's wake me up foundation. I'm so surprised i actually like it this much. Had bad experiences before with Rimmel foundations. always to orange, but for some reason this one in the lightest shade when blended in really well looks great :) I've been wearing it during the day and its very reasonably priced ! thumbs up from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Soap and glory mighty mouth - this is amazing!

I was worried as I like sexy motherpucker but found it dried my lips. This stuff is the opposite. My lips were in bits but when I put this on its really smooth, lasts ages, plus it makes my lips look way bigger and really soft! Not quite angelina jolie lips but a massive improvement on what mine normally look like! It plumps them up right away with out any horrible tingling or anything and already they are way less sore and no longer cracked.
    I quite like it too, it's reduced in boots atm and I used my skin care money of voucher from my Christmas gift set, so it only cost me 3e, nice bargain for January

Advertisement