Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Got some stuff from Make Up Academy after reading up of their pallete being a Naked dupe.
    2mhdezl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Luno wrote: »
    Got some stuff from Make Up Academy after reading up of their pallete being a Naked dupe.
    2mhdezl.jpg
    I love their eyeshadows!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I got the ud 24/7 eyeliner in a green
    and blue (cant remember their names) but they will not go on the waterline. :-( although im tempted to get perversion.
    Is there any product that i could add to my foundation to make it darker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Also giving a big thumbs up to the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder, posted up about it today on the blog but will try resize a photo and stick it on here so you can see how it works!

HI SmokeyEyes

Would you think this is a better product than Chanel Ombre Contraste Notorious for people with fair skinned (blue eyes)?

Ta
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

pushkii wrote: »

I have 2 shades of the same foundation at the minute. Im using No.7 after supposedly getting "colour matched" to the shade Wheat,which in fairness is spot on when ive no tan. This colour match invention is only good if you dont wear fake tan to be honest and i told the girl that which she agreed. I didnt want to go the bronzer route so bought one shade darker so when i have no tan i wear Wheat and when i have tan on i wear the other shade and mix the 2 when im in between stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

pushkii wrote: »
    I got the ud 24/7 eyeliner in a green
    and blue (cant remember their names) but they will not go on the waterline. :-( although im tempted to get perversion.

I just tried it on my waterline there and it went on very black with no problem!

Face Atelier do foundation darkeners too, Zero Plus, Zero Plus Plus and Heat and I love Cloud10beauty because you can buy sample pots so you don't need to shell out €38 without being certain it's the product for you. Sample pots are €1 and then postage. Here's the linkhttp://www.cloud10beauty.com/ultra-foundation-html.html Or you could just use a dark foundation!
    molly09 wrote: »
    HI SmokeyEyes

Would you think this is a better product than Chanel Ombre Contraste Notorious for people with fair skinned (blue eyes)?

Ta
    M

I've never tried the Chanel but a lot of people recommended that also so I'd say it depends on personal preference!! It depends on the shade, here's a picture from The Non Blonde's Blog, they're quite different in colour!
    chanel+notorious+d+swatch+comparison+kevyn+aucoin.jpg
    Kevyn Aucoin is in House of Fraser Dundrum as an earlier poster said so if you were ever out that way you could get them to apply it for you for the day to see if you thought it was worth the change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

anniehoo wrote: »

I have 2 shades of the same foundation at the minute. Im using No.7 after supposedly getting "colour matched" to the shade Wheat,which in fairness is spot on when ive no tan. This colour match invention is only good if you dont wear fake tan to be honest and i told the girl that which she agreed. I didnt want to go the bronzer route so bought one shade darker so when i have no tan i wear Wheat and when i have tan on i wear the other shade and mix the 2 when im in between stages.

I do this too, you could also just buy a cheap dark foundation and mix in a tiny bit, rimmel have a few decent ones.
    A matte bronzer can help too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thanks for that SmokeyEyes, I actually rang House of Fraser and ordered the Kevyn Aucoin over the phone - after seeing your pics.
    So heres hoping......

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

anniehoo wrote: »

Thanks anniehoo
    The foundation i got is a sisely one and too pricey to get another shade but i love the foundation itself and don't want it to go to waste.
    It looks grand on but im coming out super pale in photos
    Thanks smoke eyes might have a look at that darkener :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Make-up heads up! The pharmacy between BOI and Ulster Bank on O'Connell Street have loads of Catrice for 50% off. I got 3 nail polishes, powder and a lipstick for €11 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got a Catrice cream eyeshadow last week when I was in Dublin! (I don't think we have catrice in the north ?)
    It's a lovely gold colour, the texture is nice and smooth and it doesn't crease! Very pleased with it, I love the Benefit cream eyeshadows, and the Catrice ones are much the same only a fraction of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

mood wrote: »
    How have you been getting on with this product?

Hi Mood,

I ended up giving it to my little sister. It was far too natural looking for me. If you like a nice, modest day look I'm sure it's grand but I love my lashes to be dark and thick and I found it very hard to achieve that look with this.

I also hate how small the applicator is, it made applying it in the corners a bit awkward. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Went into Debenhams today to have a look around and decided I would finally purchase the Urban Decay Naked pallet after seeing it in the flesh for the first time. Went up to the counter to discover I had €45 to spend on my Debehams reward card :D

It came with a little pot of eyeshadow primer too :D

2013-01-19122813_zps70be4c5a.jpg

So excited to try it out!

EDIT - the dirt of my keyboard! Shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Bought the revlon just bitten lip stain (the crayon type one) in Honey yesterday. Love it :)
    Beautiful pink color for everyday, and this balms stay on for ages. I own the crush and the rendevous ones too. Currently down to 7 euro at boots. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

biohaiid wrote: »
    Bought the revlon just bitten lip stain (the crayon type one) in Honey yesterday. Love it :)
    Beautiful pink color for everyday, and this balms stay on for ages. I own the crush and the rendevous ones too. Currently down to 7 euro at boots. :)

I've been wanting to try these out for a long time. Only thing that put me off was that someone said it had a minty taste. Would you say it's very strong? Would you taste it much while wearing it?

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've been wanting to try these out for a long time. Only thing that put me off was that someone said it had a minty taste. Would you say it's very strong? Would you taste it much while wearing it?

I heard that too which originally put me off, but it's barely noticable at all. You notice it at first but it's not unpleasant, and then it wears off.
    I'd give one a try while there on offer and see what you think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I bought one of thr revlon lip stains during the summer because i love their lip butters. Put in the stain part, opened the other end to apply the balm and just as i touched it off my lips it broke off. I was livid like i wasnt too rough with it i just ut it to my lips so that's put me off.

I bought one of thr revlon lip stains during the summer because i love their lip butters. Put in the stain part, opened the other end to apply the balm and just as i touched it off my lips it broke off. I was livid like i wasnt too rough with it i just ut it to my lips so that's put me off.

Oh they're not the lip stains I was talking about.
    It's these ones:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/just%20bitten%20kissable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Girls with damaged hair: Listen up!

I think I've finally found a product that actually works. This is a protein treatment that does not leave your hair brittle!! :eek:

Hair Mayonnaise, meet the beauty board; beauty board, meet Hair Mayonnaise:

SBS-311021?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.9,1.0,4,0&iccEmbed=0

You can find it at the ethnic hair section at bigger Boots. I am caucasian myself. And as advised by bloggers, etc., I used it as a pre-shampoo treatment. And the results are heavenly. My hair is so soft (I actually forgot how soft my hair can be). It seriously reduced the brittleness of it too. And I think I prefer this to Joico K-Pak and Redken Extreme CAT.

But beware, I read a few reviews/blogs saying that this was too much for their hair. It is best for truly damaged hair. Think bleach and heat damage together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't think that's the Just Bitten one, but I bought that too and the exact same thing happened to me. I bought it in Boots and right afterwards, in the car, I decided to try it out and the balm broke straight off.

• Advertisement

Had a bit of a spree yesterday...

920x440_metallics.png

opi-minnie-mouse-mini.jpg

157212901999?$V7PdpLarge$

117975900399?$V7PdpLarge$

20090212_123035998599?$V7PdpLarge$

product_14585.jpg

Tangle_Teezer_Compact_Styler_Instant_Detangling_Ha1345628493.jpg

Tangle_Teezer_Original_Purple_Glitter1344241653.jpg

I have really long, thick hair and I lost my previous tangle teezer and have been meaning to buy another one for ages. I bought the little compact one to keep in my bag. I drive a bike and you don't know the pain of helmet hair until your very long hair falls out of your helmet and gets windswept!

Agent_Provocateur_Maitresse_100ml_Gift_Set1350558086.jpg

nails_inc_The_In_Crowd_Colour_Collection1321548048.jpg

Stila__34_Jewel_Eye_Shadow_Brush1329911715.jpg

Stila__4_precision_eyeliner1299757029.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

<SNIP> DO NOT QUOTE PICS

I got this as a pressie over Christmas and very happy with it, really lasts well and doesn't chip. Colours are a little hit and miss for me, the pale pink was very meh, but the dark red, cerise purple and dark green so far are great. Oh, and the glitters for top coats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

If its any consolation the balm part of that stain isn't very good anyway! I've got one of those in a fuscia pink colour. I like it but because it doesn't have any kind of glossy quality it looks a bit like marker on the lips. However when worn under the lip butters it looks great. The colour lasts ages and it makes the lip butter look better as it wears off if that makes sense. I believe these new ones are more like crayons than markers (I'm thinking Clinique chubby stick). I'll Defo give them a try esp if they're on offer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Where did you get the tangle tweezer? The knots in my hair after a shower have been something else lately!

(I usually just creep this thread :o hey :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I have one of those Just Bitten Kissables in Romantic. I like it - gives a nice stained look when you blot it. It does have a faint mint taste but it doesn't linger. I got it as a cheap alternative to the Clinique Chubby stick when mine ran out.

Where did you get the tangle tweezer? The knots in my hair after a shower have been something else lately!

(I usually just creep this thread :o hey :pac: )

feelunique.com

They've had loads of ads on the tv lately so they were stuck in my head, had a look at the website the other night and will definitely be using it from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I got the new Soap and Glory lipgloss in Punch Bowl.

4-7_zps99815f06.jpg&w=1024&h=768&ei=ydn9UKLkB4aZhQex_IBo&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=405&vpy=50&dur=2117&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=129&ty=125&sig=105811652175767782763&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:85

I'm undecided on it. The taste isn't pleasant but it doesn't last long. The gloss itself is super sticky. The plumping effect 100% works. My lips really stood out without being too OTT. However, I find the tingling it causes is almost too much to bear. It's a little bit uncomfortable for the first few mins. Anybody else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have Honey, it has a vaguely minty smell but not overpowering at all!

I got Topshop's blusher in Flush which is a beautiful peachy pink and I'm loving it, it's quickly replacing my Benefit Hervana!
    topshop-flush-blush-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I have Honey, it has a vaguely minty smell but not overpowering at all!

I got Topshop's blusher in Flush which is a beautiful peachy pink and I'm loving it, it's quickly replacing my Benefit Hervana!
    topshop-flush-blush-web.jpg

Where did you pick up that Topshop blush? I've tried a few stores but couldnt find any makeup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Topshop in Liffey Valley has make up, Topshop Stephen's Green. Pretty sure Topshop in the Jervis Centre sells make up.

Advertisement