Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Where did you pick up that Topshop blush? I've tried a few stores but couldnt find any makeup!
    Novella wrote: »
    Topshop in Liffey Valley has make up, Topshop Stephen's Green. Pretty sure Topshop in the Jervis Centre sells make up.

Yeah Topshop Liffey Valley is where I got it, Jervis St does, Topshop Arnotts on Henry St does and the huge one on Stephen's Green does!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRDAQPP8EZHX_1N0bBbRz7vQpcvl8oGGOzdBtfkbstSDpFbxU7

Currently on offer in Boots. Unusual in that's it's solid and you have to warm it up first. After a year of dying my hair every 6 weeks, it had turned into dry unmanageable red/copper straw. After using this, it is in perfect condition, very silky, soft and shiny. 10/10

I also repurchased MAC F&B N1 and Sheer Select NC5. Delighted with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah Topshop Liffey Valley is where I got it, Jervis St does, Topshop Arnotts on Henry St does and the huge one on Stephen's Green does!

Well I must def be blind- I've tried Jervis so many times and still failed! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Well I must def be blind- I've tried Jervis so many times and still failed! :(

The last time I was in Jervis the make up was over towards the shoes & accessories. Might be worth asking one of the guys working there if you're in again in case they hoosh around the layout of the store a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I recently got NYX's blush in Taupe :) Love it ! So good for contouring if your really pale, looks very natural and not too dark or orange at all :) really hard to get NYX here so i ordered off ebay cost around 10$ or 7€ roughly, including delivery from the states, which was really quick, ordered last wednesday and got it yesterday :)

taupe.JPG

095.JPG

(not my photos)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Love NYX Taupe - has been my go-to contour colour for about a year and still going strong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Seren_ wrote: »
    Love NYX Taupe - has been my go-to contour colour for about a year and still going strong!!

Is there anywhere in Ireland that stocks NYX?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I've seen NYX bits and bobs like small eyeshadow pallettes in Urban Outfitters and River Island, and got a big eyeshadow pallet for around 15€ just after Christmas in House of Fraser last year. Dont think anywhere in Ireland stocks full range. Beautyemporium.ie stock a few bits. But as i said i got mine on Ebay. Cant wait to get my hands on some of the soft matte lip creams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I've been using the No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator (normal/oily skin) for a few weeks now. It's a nice scrub- small grains and not too rough. I bought it to see if it'll shift the red blotch on my nose...no such luck!!:( I'll keep using it anyway. It's gentle on my skin, provided I don't use it daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Bought some nice new things today

hask.jpg
    I've heard some AMAZING things about this and for only 2.50 I had to give it a try

mua+conceal+&+brighten+-+Beige+-+Golden.jpg
    They only had one shade which was the darkest and probably a little too dark for my pale complexion but I just had to buy it to see what it was like

image_7356.jpg
    I haven't worn this in about 5 years! But I'm in need of a new light coverage daytime foundation so I decided to give it a go. If i remember it had a bad staying ability but hopefully its not as bad as I remember. . . .

shade-4.jpg?rand=0.6152565740048885
    I love MUA cosmetics so I went and bought one of their really cute lipsticks. It reminds me slightly of Revlon lip butters

MUA+Eyeshadow+Shade+1+Pearl+Review+Swatches+Mac+Nylon+Dupe+010.jpg
    I needed a new eyeshadow base colour. Its a nice matte beige colour (shade 17)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Oh god sorry about the image sizes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Can anybody tell me where to buy NYC makeup in Dublin City? I can't find it anywhere. If not, is there a good, trusted website I can buy it from that you guys have used?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Isolt wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where to buy NYC makeup in Dublin City? I can't find it anywhere. If not, is there a good, trusted website I can buy it from that you guys have used?

Its stocked in Penneys Mary st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

beautyemporium.ie sells a good range of NYX products, and usually with delivery the next day. Ebay is good as well, but depending on where the seller is based it can take a while for stuff to arrive. That probably doesn't matter to most people though but I'm very impatient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I buy mine from www.millies.ie

Not sure if they have that blusher but they definately have the bronzers and the mascara. Have fallen in love with the nyx brand - amazing products for the price!

Isolt wrote: »

Try superdrug, im pretty sure its on sale in superdug in Tallaght anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Got these two yesterday, in love with the Duo at the moment (used it last night and it's nearly cleared up all of a bad cystic acne spot on my jaw :D ). The Mat seems nice too, the gel consistency should work as a nice base for make-up.

la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo.jpg123358.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This stuff is about as good at taking off eye makeup (*especially* mascara) as clicking your heels together and wishing it off

200x200_260.jpg

Took eye makeup off this morning (last night the beer told me there was no need to take off clothes or make up & just to head straight to bed) and just got out of the shower looking like this

The-Crow--Brandon-Lee--the-crow-172168_299_413.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Got No. 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm (for very dry skin) today, had to try it out when I got home and I'm liking it, so far. I originally thought it was going to be like Ponds Cold Cream, thick and heavy, but not at all - feels like rubbing light moisturiser of the skin and them washes off like a regular cleanser. Was €11 (and a bit) so not too bad!

300.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I must try that, I love cleansing with a balm! Didn't know No. 7 did one so I've been trying out Botanics which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Couple of things from Lush:

King of Skin solid moisturiser. This is a solid block, and you use it on wet skin, then rinse it off. LOVE it! Made my skin so soft. It was about €9 I think.

252-04-08-2011_LUSH01_0098.jpg

Popcorn Lip Scrub. Does the job but I'm not mad on the taste.

8_508f69f0cff74.jpg

Charity Pot hand and body moisturiser. Tiny (and €1) and perfect for the handbag. Nice scent and is moisturising on my hands.

Charity+Pot.jpg

Korres lip butters, freaking in love with them straight away! They feel really rich and go in incredibly smooth, the the colours can look really sheer with just a little, love!!

phpARdammAM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Korres lip butters, freaking in love with them straight away! They feel really rich and go in incredibly smooth, the the colours can look really sheer with just a little, love!!

phpARdammAM.jpg

Oh LOVE the look of Quince!

Where can these be had?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got the Dita Von Teese Vintage Eyelights palette, which I have been wanting for ages! You can see pictures on my blog, I absolutely love it - it is so glamorous!

http://ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.com

Oh LOVE the look of Quince!

Where can these be had?

Feel Unique and I think ASOS sell them too! Quince is my fav too, only €7.80 which I think is good value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

20090212_123035998599?$V7PdpLarge$

This stuff is brilliant! Gave all my make up brushes a clean at the weekend and they're now all super soft again, like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Girls with damaged hair: Listen up!

I think I've finally found a product that actually works. This is a protein treatment that does not leave your hair brittle!! :eek:

Hair Mayonnaise, meet the beauty board; beauty board, meet Hair Mayonnaise:

SBS-311021?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.9,1.0,4,0&iccEmbed=0

You can find it at the ethnic hair section at bigger Boots. I am caucasian myself. And as advised by bloggers, etc., I used it as a pre-shampoo treatment. And the results are heavenly. My hair is so soft (I actually forgot how soft my hair can be). It seriously reduced the brittleness of it too. And I think I prefer this to Joico K-Pak and Redken Extreme CAT.

But beware, I read a few reviews/blogs saying that this was too much for their hair. It is best for truly damaged hair. Think bleach and heat damage together.

I think you might be onto something there. Tried it this evening and was quiet impressed. Could be the beauty find of 2013.

bought a new shampoo in tesco its a pink bottle called head masters volume shampoo and its amazing! Finally one that works :) plus its not a sulphate free one (maybe its just me but I hate them find them useless) and leave your hair really shiny and i've found it stops my hair getting greasy too quick.

am tempted to buy another bottle in case they don't keep stocking it :o am also going to kill my OH if he keeps using it - he does not need volume!!

Bought myself a couple of treats yesterday. Was in Boots and saw the must desired Dot set from Marc Jacobs I'd been eyeing up for months, down to €31 from €62! Also nipped into Brown Thomas and ended up buying Nars duo in Brousse which I'm seriously loving!

mjdot008_0001-zoomProd.png

nars-holiday-2009-brousse-duo-eyeshadow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I got the Dita Von Teese Vintage Eyelights palette, which I have been wanting for ages! You can see pictures on my blog, I absolutely love it - it is so glamorous!

http://ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.com
    You've no GFC follower button on the blog.. I wanna follow! :)

Advertisement