Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

nursemar88 wrote: »
    You've no GFC follower button on the blog.. I wanna follow! :)

I think I have it now! Sorry I am still getting used to Blogger! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I think I have it now! Sorry I am still getting used to Blogger! :D
    first follower! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

I got the Dita Von Teese Vintage Eyelights palette, which I have been wanting for ages! You can see pictures on my blog, I absolutely love it - it is so glamorous!

http://ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.com

Such a cute blog! Definitely following it now! I still happen to have my 'Kitten Goes to Paris' powder puff. Brought back so many memories. Thanks for sharing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Bought this in Superdrug yesterday, think this is going to be very, very much a novelty item for one use only but couldn't resist!

And lovely blog ZG I'm following you via Bloglovin now and commented!

MUA_lightpink.jpg

I can understand the novelty value, but I really hope they don't catch on!

Hideous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Just had a mini Boots haul. Images below does not belong to me.

No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush

No+7+Beautiful+Skin+Cleansing+Brush.jpg

Collection Cover & Go Foundation & Concealer Duo

collection-cover-go-e1356016005170.jpg

Maybelline Colour Sensational 906 Hot Plum Lipstick

DSC_0157_postcard.jpg

Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream

Nivea+Lip+Butter+in+Carmel+Cream+Review+Photos+The+Sunday+Girl+002.jpg

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Black and Nude

scandaleyes+black.jpg

IMG_2034.JPG

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 303 Apocaliptic

tumblr_me72z7gDka1qzyg3y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, let me know what you think of the No. 7 cleansing brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Yeah the cleansing brush looks interesting. How much was it? I wonder would it be a good substitute for the clarisonic?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think I saw it in Boots for around €32-37. Was thinking the same about the clarisonic!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

kandr10 wrote: »
    Yeah the cleansing brush looks interesting. How much was it? I wonder would it be a good substitute for the clarisonic?

It's €20 at the moment but €33 from 20th February iirc!

• Advertisement

Just had a mini Boots haul. Images below does not belong to me.

No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush

As mentioned before, I bought it for €20. But the SA told me that it would be €33 (I think?) after 20th Feb (again not sure about the exact date, but let's say end of Feb).

My first impression is it is OK-ish. Note that I don't have a Clarisonic so I can't make a healthy comparison. I read quite a few blog posts from people with and without Clarisonic. As I understand the brush is as soft as the Clarisonic one. It feels really soft as you touch it. But the actual application felt a bit harsh for me. I would not recommend it to people with very sensitive skin. But as I understand from several blogs, the brush should barely touch your skin, as the brush both rotates and oscillates. Me and several people made the mistake to put much more pressure and movement than needed. I used it like you would a manual face brush. Even a devoted Clarisonic user/blogger wrote that you have to be much gentler with the No 7 one, because of the combination of oscillation and rotation. So, I'll try it again in a few days later and write back here.

My first impression is it is OK-ish. Note that I don't have a Clarisonic so I can't make a healthy comparison. I read quite a few blog posts from people with and without Clarisonic. As I understand the brush is as soft as the Clarisonic one. It feels really soft as you touch it. But the actual application felt a bit harsh for me. I would not recommend it to people with very sensitive skin. But as I understand from several blogs, the brush should barely touch your skin, as the brush both rotates and oscillates. Me and several people made the mistake to put much more pressure and movement than needed. I used it like you would a manual face brush. Even a devoted Clarisonic user/blogger wrote that you have to be much gentler with the No 7 one, because of the combination of oscillation and rotation. So, I'll try it again in a few days later and write back here.

My impression has gone to quite good from OK-ish, after I used it with much less pressure. I still wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin. And I'd buy the sensitive brush head if they make one. I'll continue using this weekly or fortnightly. I generally prefer chemical exfoliation over manual/physical. But when I used this with Silcocks Base, it left my skin SO soft. It's unbelievable. It's not a deserted island product, but it's not a waste of money either. It might be a deserted island product for people whose skin have no sensitive qualities, people with lots of dry patches or with very oily skin, etc.

I got the new Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, which is supposed to be a dupe for YSL Touche Eclat foundation. I am in love with the YSL and if the Revlon one is really a dupe, it would be awesome.

175.JPG

I also got this mascara:

0004155428837_500X500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Would be interested to hear how you get on with the Revlon Nearly Naked, have been putting off buying the YSL for a while now. If this is a dupe I might be convinced to get it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Picked up two Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang and Celestial the other day. Celestial turned out to be a nice dusty pink your-lips-but-better colour :) I was surprised how after it had worn off, I didn't need to reapply straight away because it leaves a nice stain

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ohbrenda

I agree with you. I wouldn't usually purchase the...can I say? ...cheaper brands, but this was an impulse buy and I love it. The only reason I say "cheaper" is because for one thing, I always find the more expensive ones better value for money in the long run.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Have you tried the Nearly Naked foundation yet? Interested to see what it's like.

Oh hai wrote: »
    Have you tried the Nearly Naked foundation yet? Interested to see what it's like.

No, not yet. I just got it yesterday. I'll probably try it by the end of coming week. I'll report back my first impressions asap then ;)

I have to say I'm very interested too, I've always liked Revlon foundations more than other drugstore brands.

Got this during the week from Debenhams and I'm freaking adoring it! It's giving me the skin I've always tried to create and yet failed! Will review properly but a huge thumbs up!

Guerlain Meteorites Teint Rose
    guerlain-meteorites-perles-teint-rose.jpg

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Got this during the week from Debenhams and I'm freaking adoring it! It's giving me the skin I've always tried to create and yet failed! Will review properly but a huge thumbs up!

Guerlain Meteorites Teint Rose
    guerlain-meteorites-perles-teint-rose.jpg

Oooo, can't wait for the full review! This has been on my wishlist forever.

Tried out the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation today, full review tomo but I can safely say it's fecking gorgeous even if the sample I was sent was a million times too dark for me. YSL Touche Eclat foundation didn't work on my dry skin at all and this one is far, far superior in my eyes! I'll be buying this in Ivory thank you very much!

P_Face_Foundation_NearlyNakedMakeup.ashx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Looks like I'll be getting the nearly naked foundation and the Guerlain powder sounds amazing, think I'll treat myself to that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Do Guerlain have an outlet in Brown Thomas? I have a voucher to use up and after reading reviews, I really want to try the Meteorites!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

What kind of coverage does it have SmokeyEyes?

lindtee wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be getting the nearly naked foundation and the Guelain powder sounds amazing, think I'll treat myself to that too.

Oh nice! Sorry I'm an enabler:)

Just be warned, the Guerlain is one that you won't notice when you apply it, it'll only be when people say you're looking well and you randomly catch yourself in the mirror that you'll realise you have that magic glow! Just be warned it doesn't replace your normal power, I use this over my normal powder as it won't stop shine in the slightest! Adore it now though:)

LizT wrote: »
    Do Guerlain have an outlet in Brown Thomas? I have a voucher to use up and after reading reviews, I really want to try the Meteorites!

Good question, not 100% sure Arnotts and Debenhams do I'll try check for you!
    Oh hai wrote: »
    What kind of coverage does it have SmokeyEyes?

It's light to medium, but I use colour corrector concealer under everything anyway so it's not a prob but my advice is swatch and try it on your if you can before you buy. For the record my skin is very dry so it worked a charm on it but I can't say for oilier skin!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Just be warned, the Guerlain is one that you won't notice when you apply it, it'll only be when people say you're looking well and you randomly catch yourself in the mirror that you'll realise you have that magic glow! Just be warned it doesn't replace your normal power, I use this over my normal powder as it won't stop shine in the slightest! Adore it now though:)

I recently got a highlighting powder from Lancome and it doesn't look like much when you put it on, but a few people have commented that my skin looked really well when I was wearing it :) I had a look at the Guerlain today and it really is lovely!

Twee. wrote: »
    I recently got a highlighting powder from Lancome and it doesn't look like much when you put it on, but a few people have commented that my skin looked really well when I was wearing it :) I had a look at the Guerlain today and it really is lovely!

Exactly it's so subtle but then all of a sudden you start to notice you're looking perkier and more radiant! Which Lancome highlighter was it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose. I think it was seasonal as I got it on sale after Christmas in Arnotts fro €20.50 :D

Advertisement