Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bellissima Beauty

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Tried out the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation today, full review tomo but I can safely say it's fecking gorgeous even if the sample I was sent was a million times too dark for me. YSL Touche Eclat foundation didn't work on my dry skin at all and this one is far, far superior in my eyes! I'll be buying this in Ivory thank you very much!

P_Face_Foundation_NearlyNakedMakeup.ashx

It's interesting that a lot of people say Touche Eclat foundation is actually good for good skin. I've some dry patches and noticed that it did accentuate some of them. Good after it settles in I think but totally know what you mean. Must try Nearly Naked!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SlinkyKittin

I bought an incredible Elizabeth Arden set recently called Day to Night €40.
    http://www.elizabetharden.com/32-Pc-Color-Collection/special-offers-purchase-with-purchase,default,sc.html

This set was available in a local chemist in Portlaoise and is possibly one of the few special offers I can honestly say i will use everything in it. Normally there's a few pieces that are terrible but I love all of this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

It's interesting that a lot of people say Touche Eclat foundation is actually good for good skin. I've some dry patches and noticed that it did accentuate some of them. Good after it settles in I think but totally know what you mean. Must try Nearly Naked!

I get this with all foundations but the ysl made my face so greasy looking! Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

What is the best concealer/corrector for dry pale skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought St Tropez Bronzing Lotion for 15.99 (down from 26.99 today), I'm expecting good things :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I bought St Tropez Bronzing Lotion for 15.99 (down from 26.99 today), I'm expecting good things :)
    Oh where did try pick up that bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Twee. wrote: »
    It's Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose. I think it was seasonal as I got it on sale after Christmas in Arnotts fro €20.50 :D

Nice!:)

Yeah I found this much better , nearly all foundations cake on my dry skin and I just tried this again just there, slathered it on my nose and there was no problem!
    molly09 wrote: »
    What is the best concealer/corrector for dry pale skin?

I've dry skin and find Collection's Concealer great!

Here's the before and after picture from the blog review, now keep in mind I was sent a very dark sample so it's more to see the finish than how dark it is on me! I'll be running in to grab Ivory!

revlon-naked-foundation-before-after-1024x512.png

Oh where did try pick up that bargain?

It's on special offer this week in the DocMorris pharmacy in Carlow, just spotted it when I was getting a prescription :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

It's my 3rd day of wearing Revlon Nearly Naked foundation and it's going quite well. It really is a good dupe for YSL Touche Eclat which is my absolute favourite. I have some minor issues with application and colour selection. I'll report back my final thoughts in a few days. But for now, I wouldn't say that it is as good as YSL, but it is very close and even has some advantages. When money is tight, I'd definitely go for Revlon and won't feel bad about it.

I picked up the Ivory Revlon Nearly Naked today and have updated with pics with that on too!

Good to hear your views Vibrant Blue, I couldn't get YSL to work for me at all it just stuck in my pores and I find this one a lot easier to blend and look natural.

This is the best foundation I've tried for my skin so far but again each face is different so it's good to get a good rounded view of a product!

Twee I also checked out that Illuminator today, looks lovely!!

revlon-nearly-naked-ivory-1024x512.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Is the Revlon Nearly Naked on sale here, yeah? Was in Boots in Jervis centre yesterday and no sign of it. Actually, does anyone know if the Colorstay Whipped will be released here too? Emily from Beauty Broadcast makes it sound so amazing...

Seren_ wrote: »
    Is the Revlon Nearly Naked on sale here, yeah? Was in Boots in Jervis centre yesterday and no sign of it. Actually, does anyone know if the Colorstay Whipped will be released here too? Emily from Beauty Broadcast makes it sound so amazing...

I got mine from Boots in Blanch Centre.

I got mine from Boots in Blanch Centre.

I got it in Jervis but it was in the drawers not out yet, I was just lucky a girl happened to be working with the drawer open and I asked could I have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I am after buying the beauty blender online............hope its worth it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

Went a little crazy with some birthday money last week:

1) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in Aquataenia
    2) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in China Doll
    3) elave Oil Free Skin Balancing Moisturizer
    4) Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit

Got the first three for a bargain at Fab.com. Paid about $25 USD for each eyeshadow palette (about €18?) complete with shipping and $19 USD (€7?) for the elave moisturizer. Retail for each palette is $34.99 USD and I believe the moisturizer is $32 USD. So I'm definitely happy. :D The Benefit product I got from Sephora for $28 USD. Sadly, I don't believe either of these sites ship to Ireland. :(
    If it makes anyone feel any better... I spend a lot of time ogling the products posted here that I can't get my hands on in the US... or are ridiculously expensive if I do find them. >_<;

Don't know if anyone would be willing/trusting enough to do a sort of make-up swap in the future. I know I have to get my Boards cred up there first, so here's to hoping. :)

(I do not take credit for the pictures below)

aquataeniapalette__75609_zoom.jpg

chinadollpalette__76908_zoom.jpg

Oil-Free-Skin-Balancing-Moisturiser-500x500.png

s1435601-main-Lhero.jpg

Back with the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation:

I've worn it 5 days straight now. Ladies and gentleman: This foundation is very good. I used to think Bourjois Healthy Mix was the best drugstore foundation but not anymore.

It's light coverage but buildable. It is a bit more buildable than YSL Touche Eclat. The consistency is more creamy in comparison with liquid-y YSL TE. Because of this, it doesn't accentuate dry spots like YSL TE does for some people. I will use this over YSL TE during the colder months of the winter or whenever I'm suffering from dryness.

But, this (more creamier consistency) also leads to some issues with application, well at least for me. I don't always apply foundation all over. I focus it around my chin and nose then blend it from there all over. What I love about YSL TE is that you can slap it on and it looks natural. It doesn't streak. It blends very very easily with the skin whether you use your hands or a brush. I didn't get a good application of Revlon NN with Real Techniques Buffing Brush (with a tapping motion). With hands, you need to make sure that you blend it really well and it doesn't look streaky. But once you do that, it looks bloody beautiful. The finish is gorgeous, dare I say, as gorgeous as YSL TE.

My other issue is with the colour selection. It is very good for a drugstore foundation. I got it in 130 Shell. It is a quite good match for me. It is just a teeny tiny bit yellow for me. And I am quite warm toned. Since this is the 3rd lightest shade, I am guessing pale girls would be out of luck with Revlon NN.

Lastly, the feel of it on the skin: YSL feels like nothing. While Revlon NN also feels like almost nothing, it is not as good as YSL TE. Maybe I am a bit weird, but because of the cremier texture and the blending it needs, I am more aware of it. I guess it is a psychological thing (points for me to make make up about psychology). I know that it makes little sense but that's how I feel. But it doesn't feel like foundation or mask-like at all.

In short, Revlon NN is a superb foundation. I love it. I'll wear Revlon NN on drier days and go for YSL TE otherwise.

Well I'm fairly pleased with the St Tropez Bronzing Lotion; it gives a deep enough colour that isn't orange at all, even after one application. It dries quite quickly too, but it means you've got to work fast to avoid streaks. Also, it claims to not smell like fake tan...LIES :pac:

I'd give it 8/10 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Went a little crazy with some birthday money last week:

1) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in Aquataenia
    2) Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette in China Doll
    3) elave Oil Free Skin Balancing Moisturizer
    4) Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit

Got the first three for a bargain at Fab.com. Paid about $25 USD for each eyeshadow palette (about €18?) complete with shipping and $19 USD (€7?) for the elave moisturizer. Retail for each palette is $34.99 USD and I believe the moisturizer is $32 USD. So I'm definitely happy. :D The Benefit product I got from Sephora for $28 USD. Sadly, I don't believe either of these sites ship to Ireland. :(
    If it makes anyone feel any better... I spend a lot of time ogling the products posted here that I can't get my hands on in the US... or are ridiculously expensive if I do find them. >_<;

Don't know if anyone would be willing/trusting enough to do a sort of make-up swap in the future. I know I have to get my Boards cred up there first, so here's to hoping. :)

Wow! Those palettes are stunning - I've done plenty of US swaps so shout me up if you want anything from Europe - I'm so happy to help a gal out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Thought I would treat myself today. I got Bobbi brown bath perfume.

http://womensfragrances.discount234.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bobbi-brown-bobbi-brown-bath-eau-de-parfum-sleek-new-bottle-photos-1.jpg

I love it, a light clean sent, like you have when you have just stepped outta the shower.

And Laura Mercier eyebrow pencil in light blonde, another great buy. Perfect if you have very pale brows.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/lauramercier/Laura%5FMercier%5FEye%5FBrow%5FPencil%20Fair%20Blonde?wid=305&hei=280&fmt=png-alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I recently purchased Leonor greyl palme oil.

Love, love, LOVE this oil, It's a pre shampoo treatment, I have been using it for around 20 mins on the hair below ear level, then shampooing and only conditioning every 3 or 4 washes because I don't feel like my hair needs much extra conditioning with this oil. Fab product! My hair is so soft and shiny.

http://www.leonorgreyl.com/en/detail_produit.php?idProduit=16

I also found a major bargain today in Heatons, I got my favourite hair bobbins the goody ouchless elastics which are normally nearly €5 in boots. They were selling 3 packs for €1 :D I grabbed loads of them (I always lose them) delighted!!

http://www.boots.com/en/Goody-Ouchless-Thick-Elastics-Black-27-Pack_1190590/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

Wow! Those palettes are stunning - I've done plenty of US swaps so shout me up if you want anything from Europe - I'm so happy to help a gal out!!

Thank you so much!! I'll definitely be taking you up on the offer. :D And likewise, if there's anything from here you'd like, by all means, let me know! Yay! *does the happy dance*

I have some minor issues with application and colour selection.
    But, this (more creamier consistency) also leads to some issues with application, well at least for me. I don't always apply foundation all over. I focus it around my chin and nose then blend it from there all over. What I love about YSL TE is that you can slap it on and it looks natural. It doesn't streak. It blends very very easily with the skin whether you use your hands or a brush. I didn't get a good application of Revlon NN with Real Techniques Buffing Brush (with a tapping motion). With hands, you need to make sure that you blend it really well and it doesn't look streaky. But once you do that, it looks bloody beautiful. The finish is gorgeous, dare I say, as gorgeous as YSL TE.

I'm sorry with all my Revlon NN posts but I have to vent over this application issue.

It really bothered me this morning. I spend so much time trying to blend it and make it look natural today. But it still looks a bit off. :(

It shouldn't be this hard. I consider myself pretty good at applying foundation. I admit that I'm average at eye make-up application, it's not my best. I'm still improving my contouring/highlighting. I do a quite good red/deep/dark lip application. But I'm best at creating a good base. And this foundation really annoyed me today. :mad: I exfoliated just yesterday, so there shouldn't be any issues there. Maybe, I have a "textured" skin. Rant over.

I wouldn't go for this at late mornings (which is 85% of the mornings for me). Definitely not a dupe for me, for my beloved YSL Touche Eclat.

I find this similar to YSL in that it 'moves' around your face when you first apply it, is that what you mean? It is quite thin in it's formulation!

Great to have a few opinions on it, I really didn't gel with YSL and find this a better similar product but nothing has knocked the crown off my beloved Skin79 BB Cream yet!

I find this similar to YSL in that it 'moves' around your face when you first apply it, is that what you mean? It is quite thin in it's formulation!

I don't know how to explain it really. (Sorry, English is my 2nd language.)

What I mean by (not) blending in, in Revlon NN's case, is that it kind of sits on top of skin. You know, you wait a couple of minutes following the base application; and see that the base sort of adapts and blends with your skin (No?). And I find that NN streaks a lot.

Where do you get your BB? I always wanted to try that one (before the Western BB craze). But I don't want to pay loads for shipment, as there is a high chance that Eastern BBs may look too ashy on my warm (and a bit of olive) fair-medium complexion.

What I mean by (not) blending in, in Revlon NN's case, is that it kind of sits on top of skin. You know, you wait a couple of minutes following the base application; and see that the base sort of adapts and blends with your skin (No?). And I find that NN streaks a lot.

Where do you get your BB? I always wanted to try that one (before the Western BB craze). But I don't want to pay loads for shipment, as there is a high chance that Eastern BBs may look too ashy on my warm (and a bit of olive) fair-medium complexion.

It does take more blending despite it being thin but I liked the finish overall!

I get my BB from trusted sellers on EBay. MISSHA do diffferent shades of BB but Skin79 offer one shade. I use the Hot Pink which looks very grey and dark but oxidises and matches skin after a few minute, it's my favourite foundation product ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Tayla wrote: »
    I also found a major bargain today in Heatons, I got my favourite hair bobbins the goody ouchless elastics which are normally nearly €5 in boots. They were selling 3 packs for €1 :D I grabbed loads of them (I always lose them) delighted!!

http://www.boots.com/en/Goody-Ouchless-Thick-Elastics-Black-27-Pack_1190590/

Thanks for posting about these. I go through hair bobbins like there's no tomorrow! Got a few packs, but should really have gotten more so will probably go back tomorrow. Wouldn't even have gone into Heatons if it wasn't for your post. I usually get penneys ones but these work out much cheaper and are better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I highly recommend skin 79 in the gold edition. It's thick enough that it has good coverage without feeling too heavy. It's not as grey as the pink version as well. I buy mine off ebay from sing-sing-girl :)

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    I highly recommend skin 79 in the gold edition. It's thick enough that it has good coverage without feeling too heavy. It's not as grey as the pink version as well. I buy mine off ebay from sing-sing-girl :)

Yep adore the gold one too but recently went back to the Hot Pink, for some reason find it's finish a little better although the gold is wetter, better on dry skin and a little more netural in tone! To be honest, if these were the only two products I could ever use on my face again I'd be quite happy!

Great thing about Skin79 is they do mini versions where you can try four different types in one package which is brilliant, last time I ordered a multi set it was only around a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Yep adore the gold one too but recently went back to the Hot Pink, for some reason find it's finish a little better although the gold is wetter, better on dry skin and a little more netural in tone! To be honest, if these were the only two products I could ever use on my face again I'd be quite happy!

Great thing about Skin79 is they do mini versions where you can try four different types in one package which is brilliant, last time I ordered a multi set it was only around a fiver!

Yeah I'd go with the little minis or else I'd buy a sample for each of the bb creams I was interested it which also means I can buy from different brands as the minis are all from skin79 (though I do find them better than most I've tried even missha with there lighter shades for pale folk) :)

• Advertisement

Sorry for the big image, here's some from a bb post I did, now all these match my skin, even though Skin79 hot pink looks too dark it oxidises and matches. Doesn't mean it'll work for everyone but it defo does from me and I am pale!

BB-Cream-Swatches-1024x550.jpg

Advertisement