Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Lyra Fangs wrote: »

Yeah I'd go with the little minis or else I'd buy a sample for each of the bb creams I was interested it which also means I can buy from different brands as the minis are all from skin79 (though I do find them better than most I've tried even missha with there lighter shades for pale folk) :)

Thanks for the seller advice! Just purchased the hot pink one from them (I have greasy skin and smokey eyes says the gold one is better for dry skin). I know it's a bit late now but it's definitely authentic?

Can't wait to try it!! Have wanted to for ages 😊

Edit: can you powder over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

SmokeyEyes, which BB cream would you recommend for sallow, oily skn with acne? Or am I too difficult a customer? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Has anybody tried Lancome Teint Visionnaire Foundation? Its a bit pricey for my budget at 45 euro so I'm just wondering is it it worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Couldn't find the Nearly Naked foundation in Ivory earlier, The lightest shade that Boots in Mahon did was Shell and that looked way too dark for me:(:( I *nearly* went into Debenhams to buy the YSL touche eclat to console myself (10% off, still may purchase online along with those amazing (sounding) Guerlain meteorites Teint Rose. Must control my urges!:pac::cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Piper101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the seller advice! Just purchased the hot pink one from them (I have greasy skin and smokey eyes says the gold one is better for dry skin). I know it's a bit late now but it's definitely authentic?

Can't wait to try it!! Have wanted to for ages 😊

Edit: can you powder over it?

Yeay! Hope you like it now! I always powder over it but it does set to a semi matte finish so it's totally up to you!
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    SmokeyEyes, which BB cream would you recommend for sallow, oily skn with acne? Or am I too difficult a customer? :pac:

The Hot Pink is better for oily skin, a lot of people are loving Dr. Jart as well which does a nice selection but I personally prefer Skin79!
    Has anybody tried Lancome Teint Visionnaire Foundation? Its a bit pricey for my budget at 45 euro so I'm just wondering is it it worth the money?

I liked it, it's very nice but I'd ask them to apply it on you first and then decide. I prefered the Teint Miracle!
    lindtee wrote: »
    Couldn't find the Nearly Naked foundation in Ivory earlier, The lightest shade that Boots in Mahon did was Shell and that looked way too dark for me:(:( I *nearly* went into Debenhams to buy the YSL touche eclat to console myself (10% off, still may purchase online along with those amazing (sounding) Guerlain meteorites Teint Rose. Must control my urges!:pac::cool:)

Ah hate when they don't have all the shades in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Thanks Smokey Eyes will get them to try out both on me! love your blog by the way!:)

Mega disapointed :( Was looking through HUKD and saw that fragrance direct were selling off Dainty Doll Makeup for a fraction of the original price. Had been wanting to try the liquid foundation for ages which they were selling off at £2.99. But by the time I got to the website all the good stuff was long gone. I did manage to get a few things in my basket (mineral powder foundation, blush, eyeliner, concealer) then had to find what my parcel motel address was and then went looking around the site for more things to add to get value out of the p&p. By the time I got to checkout (and added a revlon colourstay foundation), all but 1 mineral foundation and eyeliner were left in stock :( Looking forward to getting what I ordered but it could have been so, so, so much more had I seen the deal earlier :(

$(KGrHqRHJCIFCC3QPHIvBQhL3-QfvQ~~60_35.JPGA211P_SP763_62_23J68images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDwpImd99zzQxMikQxDO187aWpHHLDGfxh4sRl0pILzswPgZCR

Edit - A seller from Amazon (onlinemakeupstore) was also selling the Dainty Doll stuff at a reduced price. (but foundation slightly higher than fragrance direct) They only had Shade 003 in the liquid foundation but it is still quite pale so I am taking a gamble, also ordered a mascara/eyeliner duo and lipstick. £12.24 the lot delivered :D Was watching a youtube video where someone had paid £1.99 for the foundation in some UK shop (couldn't catch where) So it is worth keeping the eye out for more reductions as the foundation RRP is £22.

dainty-doll-mascara-and-eyeliner-duo-profile.jpgA211P_SP763_62_23J66317bRny2shL._AA160_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Was in Galway this weekend and picked up amfew Catrice bits in a small pharmacy for about €2 each.

Eyeshadow duo in "help I am stranded" think this was €1.49 - not my photo http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0P81buhw7ko/TP1L2PFCDUI/AAAAAAAAAXw/M710K3rVW7c/s1600/100_2597.JPG

Catrice coolibri lip gloss in "c03 gorgeous blossom", this was around €1.17 I think.

Catrice highlighting powder in "co1 artfully lustrous", think this was about €5.

http://mischsbeautyblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/review-catrice-spectaculart-le.html - Its gorgeous, I've only tried it on the back of my hand but I can't wait to use it properly.

I also got the Catrice prime and fine illuminating base, again, have only tried it on the back of my hand so can't say what it is like.

http://lesaffairesbelles.blogspot.ie/2012/10/review-catrice-prime-fine-illuminating.html

Also got some nail polishes can't remember what ones but will post about them in the nail polish thread tomorrow, need to get some sleep now lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went to Wexford for the weekend, a town with Superdrug, Penney's and Boots and I did not purchase a single make up or nail item!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Twee. wrote: »
    I went to Wexford for the weekend, a town with Superdrug, Penney's and Boots and I did not purchase a single make up or nail item!

That took some will power..........................or were you feeling unwell:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

The Hot Pink is better for oily skin, a lot of people are loving Dr. Jart as well which does a nice selection but I personally prefer pink

You know how they have active ingredients for whitening like is this a good thing or can there be maybe negative results like I dont feel I need my face whitening. I'm really interested in this product but that little thing worries me slightly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

molly09 wrote: »
    That took some will power..........................or were you feeling unwell:p

No buy February is going well! Slipped up a little and bought two bottles of nail polish last week. Come on March!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Sorry for the big image, here's some from a bb post I did, now all these match my skin, even though Skin79 hot pink looks too dark it oxidises and matches. Doesn't mean it'll work for everyone but it defo does from me and I am pale!

Just ordered the mini set! Can't wait to get them ! really hope there a good match, i'm pale, but have a definite yellow undertone, but when ever i try pale foundations they always look to pink or too orange. I can get away with NC15 in MAC studio scupt but still the tiniest bit orange!

A couple of very unnecessary yet necessary purchases off EBay from Tony Moly, if only all makeup was this fun:)

21owjRNB8FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

105388203016n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^ What are they Smokey Eyes?

anniehoo wrote: »
    ^ What are they Smokey Eyes?

Haha sorry the bunny is a lip balm the little princess is a lip gloss!:D

While I'm in replying, purchased Arbonne's Virtual Illusion Primer off EBay which will hopefully arrive safely in a few days! It sounds amazing so hope it works!

140.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I tried the Revlon Nearly Naked (is that what it's called?!) for the first time today. I bought it in the US where they don't have testers in drugstores, so I bought it in Ivory which may be slightly too pale for me.

Anyway, I don't like the packaging. I find that way too much product spills out. The consistency is very runny, which is okay as it does feel light on the skin, but I'm not really a fan. I'll probably wear it a few more times before making a final decision but my first impression is not particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I bought a Lancome Teint Miracle foundation in the Blue Cross sale, 'tis fantastic. The first foundation I've ever been impressed with!

Also into NYX lipsticks in Doll and Tea Rose at the moment, they're like natural pink lips but more vivid than bare lips. Nyx is very cheap to buy, too. Oh, and their Jumbo eyeliner pencil in 'Milk' makes a really nice highlighter for your brow bones and cheeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've recently discovered Makeup Forever face and body foundation, and colour me impressed! I'm very pale and sometimes the skin on my arms and shoulders can look very blotchy :/ I was looking for something to even out my skin for my wedding in a few months, and as I refuse to wear fake tan (:p) I was very happy to stumble across this.

s1053990-main-hero.jpg36PinkFaceBody250x250_zpseb8d8041.jpg

I bought shade #36 (pink) and it matched my skin very well, the next darker shade is #38 pink porcelain but the 36 was perfect for me. I've tried MAC face & body but I just found the tone too yellow. MUFE is a great alternative for paler ladies who want to even out skin tone without tan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Just picked up mac mineralize bronzer in medium/dark and impressed so far although was in pain paying €27 for it. I usually use easy bronze which is about €6 but it's impossible to find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Dolbert do you mind me asking where you bought it and for how much?

@sibby I got it in Makeup Forever on Clarendon Street, Dublin 2 for €35. You can also order it online from mufe.ie, delivery is an extra €5 I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I bought this a few weeks ago in the shade 36 also- looked like a perfect match on my hand but is far too pale for me! :( I always thought I was about as fair as they came but obv I was mistaken! I love the coverage, but the colour makes me look like I got a bad fright! And because of the consistency of it, I don't even think it's one that I could mix with darker foundations to lighten them up a bit! Really annoyed because €35 is not cheap! :(
    Dolbert wrote: »
    I've recently discovered Makeup Forever face and body foundation, and colour me impressed! I'm very pale and sometimes the skin on my arms and shoulders can look very blotchy :/ I was looking for something to even out my skin for my wedding in a few months, and as I refuse to wear fake tan (:p) I was very happy to stumble across this.

s1053990-main-hero.jpg36PinkFaceBody250x250_zpseb8d8041.jpg

I bought shade #36 (pink) and it matched my skin very well, the next darker shade is #38 pink porcelain but the 36 was perfect for me. I've tried MAC face & body but I just found the tone too yellow. MUFE is a great alternative for paler ladies who want to even out skin tone without tan :)

Aw that's a shame. It really is very pale, I was unsure whether to go for the 36 or the 38 but I am a special ginger brand of pinky pale!

I got Dainty Doll foundation in Medium yesterday and tried it this morning. It is def pale enough for me, I was actually surprised at how pale it was considering it is the second darkest shade in the range! To give you an idea of how pale it is, it is slightly paler than Double Wear in Shell. I will def be ordering more especially if I can find it cheaper than the £4.50 on Amazon. The finish is satiny medium coverage. I am hoping it doesn't oxidise into a darker shade as some foundations are liable to do on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

got the revlon NN in shall , couldnt find ivory it in boots or superdrug . shall is way to yellow for me , its a nice foundation ok coverage but like the finish on it. i hate the way some revlon foundation dont come pumps cause this foundation is very runny.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I got Revlon nn too. I couldn't get the ivory, shell doesn't suit at all so I went with nude which is a good match for me. I love the finish. Not great coverage but it evens my complexion. Also hate that there's no pump but I'll definitely use this for day time. I also got the Dior forever 020 which I'll use at night etc. Love how it lasts, great coverage..nice bottle..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I picked up some of the MAC Archie's Girls collection, a lipstick in Betty Bright & Daddy's Little Girl. My first MAC lipsticks but I like them!

Dying to get the Revlon Nearly Naked but can't find it in Ivory for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Well got lancome teint visionarie today, the consistency is much thicker than the tent miracle, will try it out over next few days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I picked up the revlon colour stay foundation for oily skn. Very excited now to see how lasting this is especially on my oily nose. Just applied it so fingers crossed it's good! Als after searching for weeks i finally got rimmel apocalips in the colour apocalips and I LOVE it the colour is just so amazing! To continue my pink buzz i got NYC lipstick in air kiss and m y mam just picked me up Mac Show Orchid lipstick from the pro shop in london. Have wanted this for the longest time!!! Argh now I have too much lip choices :D

Advertisement