Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought from www.allcosmeticswholesale.com ? Were the products genuine? How long did delivery take?

Removing this comment due to post below stating the sell fakes. Just incase somebody read my post and not the one at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there's anywhere that publicises when the skincare/cosmetics companies are doing gifts with purchase in any of the shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My latest buys.

Neutrogena - 2 in 1 wash/mask

I would usually use dermalogica special cleansing gel along with daily microfoliant on my face, however I'm broke as stones at the minute and I've ran out of my dermalogica, and was on the look out for a good product that would leave my skin clean and refreshed, without upsetting my sensitive skin. I found this product in dunnes stores, and for three euro, it was worth a go.

Now I would have combination skin, very dehydrated overall, sensitive on the cheeks and a slightly oily tzone, with some tiny blackheads on my chin and on my nose.

Although this product has kaolin in it, it does not irritate my sensitive skin. I honestly can't say enough good things about it, it's amazing. After the first use, I couldn't believe how my face didnt feel tight or go even redder. It left a quite a tingly sensation afterwards and a few days later around my nose and chin, I noticed a few little spots coming to the surface, much like after a facial.

My skin looks a lot fresher and it seems to have helped majorly with the pores, I am using it 2 weeks and have noticed a huge difference regarding my oily tzone.

Garnier Moisture Match Dry/Very Dry.
    I'm not as impressed with this to be honest. Although I do not have very dry skin, I do have very severe dehydration and after looking into the other moisturisers this ones description matched closest to what I needed, which was intense hydration.

As it was so thick I expected it to sit on my skin, but it didnt and it soaked in very well. A little goes a long way too, and it has slightly improved my dehydration, and my skin looks a little more plumped out.
    However, a few hours after applying it my skin just feels greasy and I feel like I need to wash my face again. I think I will continue using this for the time being to help the dehydration but as soon as I am finished the tube, I will try the normal/combination product from the range.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there's anywhere that publicises when the skincare/cosmetics companies are doing gifts with purchase in any of the shops?

Lancôme in debenhams are giving a gift set worth 91 euro with the purchase of two Lancôme products. I love the Lancôme gift sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I had a konjac sponge for a while, and it recently died and fell apart, I was heartbroken. It was the only thing I used on my skin in the morning and I needed a replacement.
    I got one of these on eBay and it arrived within a week
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261128352753?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm happy with it, it's softer than the original konjac I was using, bigger and has that little pointy bit for in around the eyes and nose - I have to say that only using product at night and this in the morning makes my skin happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I wish there was a site that listed all the different free gifts offers around. I'm holding off on getting new facewash from Clinique because they don't have any gifts on offer at the moment, I'm getting dangerously low. They usually do lovely ones with loads of minis. It's a pain having to go into BT to see what offers they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I had a konjac sponge .
    I got one of these on eBay and it arrived within a week
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261128352753?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Do you use this with a cleanser or face wash or just on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Has anyone ever bought from www.allcosmeticswholesale.com ? Were the products genuine? How long did delivery take?

I bought from them a few years back - got a lot of MAC Limited Edition products I had been lusting after for ages - unfortunately pretty much everything I got was fake and after I complained and sent photos along with the tell tale signs they they were counterfeit they completely ignored me so I ended up binning the lot. I had spent near $400 too. :(

I definitely wouldn't recommend them after this. I did a bit of searching afterwards and found other people ended up with fakes also (I was only looking up MAC fakes so can't comment on other brands they sell, but if they're selling fake MAC I'd be dubious about their other stock also.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm loving my Rituals moisturiser so imagine my delight when I saw they were doing two foaming shower gels for €10! They are just gorgeous, smell really good. Hoping some skin care is on offer next month :p They've a stand in Arnotts. Nice staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hey girls, just to let you know that in Boots at the moment they're doing a great offer on Maybelline mascaras.

Maybelline Illegal Lengths, VolumExpress, GelLash and GreatLash are all reduced.

The Illegal Lengths was €12.99 but it's now €8.99 and the GreatLash (pink and green one) is only €5.99.

Also there's a Buy 1, get 2nd half price on all their makeup so you can save further!

I got the Illegal Lengths mascara for only €3.99.

• Advertisement

Ooh I need new mascara! Using a Lancôme Hypnose Star sample at the moment and it's so crap. Really clumpy.

I love the inglot false lash mascara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Was in the airport and stopped off at mac. I've never bought their stuff before but after trying my mum's fix+ I decided to go for it. I was also in the market for a new lipstick. Ended up getting:

Fix +

mac-fix-+.jpg

Lipstick in "brave red" shade:

1-mac-cosmetics-cremesheen-brave-red.jpg

Lip pencil in "Brick"

mac-lip-liner-brick.jpg

And then because they had €5 off if you spent over €50, I added in mascara as it only ended up costing me something like €5 extra:

Opulash optimum black:

mac_optimum_black.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1312805327472

I'm very happy, the mascara brush is huge so it's taking a little getting used to in order to not end up redoing my makeup after removing the mascara errors, but I like the effect of it.

Twee. wrote: »
    Ooh I need new mascara! Using a Lancôme Hypnose Star sample at the moment and it's so crap. Really clumpy.

Illegal Lengths is really really good; makes your lashes long and it doesn't flake off.
    Only thing, you might find you need a volumising mascara too as some of my friends who've tried this mascara feel it doesn't provide volume.
    I don't need a voluminising mascara cos I reckon Illegal Lengths is perfect.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Illegal Lengths is really really good; makes your lashes long and it doesn't flake off.
    Only thing, you might find you need a volumising mascara too as some of my friends who've tried this mascara feel it doesn't provide volume.
    I don't need a voluminising mascara cos I reckon Illegal Lengths is perfect.

Interesting! I'm actually looking for one to wear to work every day (ie cheap!!), and world spend on Dior for nights out. Feel like I'm wasting the good stuff on work :p

Twee. wrote: »
    Interesting! I'm actually looking for one to wear to work every day (ie cheap!!), and world spend on Dior for nights out. Feel like I'm wasting the good stuff on work :p

Well the "GreatLash" one by Maybelline is a favourite with a lot of people because it does the job and is a good price.
    At the moment it's €5.99.

I love the Illegal Lengths one because if you play around with it, you can get REALLY long lashes. The length is endless!

These reduced prices are only on until Wednesday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've found my favourite body moisturiser - Johnson's Baby Oil. I have very coarse dry skin on my legs and arms, and this has really softened the skin and I only use it maybe 4-5 times a week. Delighted I spotted the 500ml bottle on offer in Tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've found my favourite body moisturiser - Johnson's Baby Oil. I have very coarse dry skin on my legs and arms, and this has really softened the skin and I only use it maybe 4-5 times a week. Delighted I spotted the 500ml bottle on offer in Tesco :)

I used to use baby oil as a moisturiser but was told that natural oils such as sweet almond oil and apricot kernal oil were much better for the skinThey are not too expensive (I get mine from iherb Apricot Almond ) There are loads of different natural oils you could use but I find these to do the job at a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

fussyonion wrote: »
    I love the Illegal Lengths one because if you play around with it, you can get REALLY long lashes. The length is endless!.
    Yeah im another +1 for Illegal Lengths. I reviewed this about 6mths ago and i dont think i gave it a brilliant review, but you need to use it 4 or 5 times to get the right buildup. Ive bought it for a second time last week as i got tired of how quickly They're Real dried out in the tube. Im upgrading Illegal Length to 9/10 for a really good daytime mascara. As mentioned above it gives more length than volume but thats perfect for what i want daytime look wise.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Yeah im another +1 for Illegal Lengths. I reviewed this about 6mths ago and i dont think i gave it a brilliant review, but you need to use it 4 or 5 times to get the right buildup. Ive bought it for a second time last week as i got tired of how quickly They're Real dried out in the tube. Im upgrading Illegal Length to 9/10 for a really good daytime mascara.

I agree about using it a few times to build up the intensity of the length but that's great because if you're after a natural daytime look, you could just swipe on two coats and then at night, you could really go town, so to speak, and build it up to get super long lashes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love baby oil, but I cannot deal with the bottle getting all oily on the outside after using it a few times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Novella wrote: »
    I love baby oil, but I cannot deal with the bottle getting all oily on the outside after using it a few times!

I usually just give mine a rinse off under the tap and dry it. It's not greasy yet anyway, I'd find it gross too if it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Got L'Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing oil and Micellar Solution, both are lovely and don't irritate my skin at all but the micellar solution is my fav and a really easy way to get off your makeup quickly!

Also finally got S&G Sugar Crush body butter, sweet mother of god it's amazing!!!

Also got Polka dots from Maybelline which is a great dupe for the Illamasqua speclked nail varnishes, it's very cute on!

Find oil makes me very itchy, baby oil and most massage oils. I have very dry skin though and am looking for a recommendation for a very good body moisturiser that works quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Find oil makes me very itchy, baby oil and most massage oils. I have very dry skin though and am looking for a recommendation for a very good body moisturiser that works quickly.

What oils have you tried Lexie? There are often essential oils and other ingredients in oils such as Bio Oil and baby oil which might be irritating. Maybe a plain natural oil like almond, olive or grapeseed might work (you can usually get the almond oil for fairly cheap in the chemists). I wouldn't put baby oil near an actual baby's skin but I wouldn't mind almond or olive!

Also, if your skin is very dry perhaps one of the La Roche Posay range might suit, they are more expensive though. I like the Lipikar Baum AP one as there's something in it that's supposed to stop itching.

I haven't tried it myself, but Nivea have brought out a body lotion thing that you put on in the shower and rinse off.. Or you could try (if you haven't already) emollient cream as a shower cream..

Thanks for the reply KK, I have tried grapeseed oil but find it's awful itchy, after massages even I would have to have her remove the oil.

I will definately try those other tips however, thanks very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Got L'Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing oil and Micellar Solution, both are lovely and don't irritate my skin at all but the micellar solution is my fav and a really easy way to get off your makeup quickly!

Also finally got S&G Sugar Crush body butter, sweet mother of god it's amazing!!!

Also got Polka dots from Maybelline which is a great dupe for the Illamasqua speclked nail varnishes, it's very cute on!

Good to know about the Micellar Solution, have been planning on picking it up this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Just seen on www.boots.com that they will be delivering to ROI soon! Huraaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Oh god I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Just seen on www.boots.com that they will be delivering to ROI soon! Huraaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Oh god I can't wait!

Wow that's amazing just went on twitter to tweet the beejesus out of this news!

You can sign up here for deals and emails!

http://app.boots.ie/enroll/ie/signup.cfm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Picked up the Catrice Eye Primer and Shimmering Face Powder and one of the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks. Incredibly impressed with all of them! The lipstick is a gorgeous colour, like my lips but better (the only one I've found so far), the primer kept my eyeshadow on perfectly all day (it's normally gone in about four hours) and the face powder gives a gorgeous, glowing sheen to the skin. Will definitely be buying more Catrice in future!

Advertisement