Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

nursemar88 wrote: »
    . Any thoughts on the Fit Me range?

I use the foundation every day for work and I find the coverage really good. I haven't had any breakouts with it either. I would really recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Yeah I'm reading really mixed reviews about it. I'll have to wait and see what I think :) Thanks for your input girls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

picked up a few bits for my holliers - my usual foundation always looks too white on me so picked up the Vichy Beautifying Sun Protection Compact based on this review:
    http://www.lovelygirliebits.com/2013/05/vichy-beautifying-sun-protection.html

it looks quite orange at first but it seems to blend out well.

Also picked up the 17BB cream in medium - I still haven't made up my mind on this - its less watery than the Maybelline Dream Fresh one but not sure I will wear it after my holliers. The coverage is really light and you need a dusting of powder with it.

http://www.thesundaygirl.com/2012/08/17-blemish-bb-balm-improved-formula.html

I also picked up the Seventeen lip crayon which is a dupe for a chubby stick or the revlon equivilant. I like this one so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Just picked up a BH cosmetics eyeshadow pallet. I got the 1st edition 120 pallet and I'm super happy with it, especially because of the price. I've only tried it out on my hand, with no primer and the colours are super bright. Looking forward to trying it out on my face. The texture of the powder is lovely too, it's doesn't have that plasticy consistency that usually goes along with cheaper eyeshadows. It's soft and feels very blendable.

bh1.jpg

One of the corner shadows was smashed when it arrived tho :(
    I have no idea how it happened because the amount of bubble wrap on it was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^ I've always liked the idea of getting one of these, but i know for a fact i'd only use maximum maybe 25 colours on it. I just know i could never bring myself to wear yellow or fluorescent green/pink eyeshadow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

anniehoo wrote: »
    ^^ I've always liked the idea of getting one of these, but i know for a fact i'd only use maximum maybe 25 colours on it. I just know i could never bring myself to wear yellow or fluorescent green/pink eyeshadow :D

Max of about 3 for me - it would be totally wasted on me!

I've been stuck in a rut lately with my Naked 2 pallet being the only eyeshadow I wear anymore so I've decided to force myself to be more adventurous.

I also wanted it for convenience for things like halloween or costume parties, handy to have and relatively inexpensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

It was my birthday recently and I asked for money from myhis is all the lovely treats I splurged on :
    [IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/<a class=outboundlink data-outboundlink=http://www.boards.ie/out?f=1488&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnMxMjM1LnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNvbSUyRnVzZXIlMkZsYWR5c2FyYXN0cm8lMkZtZWRpYSUyRkdFREMxOTg2X3pwczkyODFjZDdkLmpwZy5odG1s&h=652fc href=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/ladysarastro/media/GEDC1986_zps9281cd7d.jpg.html target=_blank >[/img]GEDC1986_zps9281cd7d.jpgGEDC1986_zps9281cd7d.jpg
    Its Dark Angel scrub, Sex Bomb bath bomb, 2x Dorothy bubble bars and a Tiny hands lotion all from Lush. Then popped into Inglot and since it was still open at 6.50 in Jervis S.C I took it as a sign that I had to buy from there :D
    Got the two bronzers in the palette below.
    [IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/<a class=outboundlink data-outboundlink=http://www.boards.ie/out?f=1488&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnMxMjM1LnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNvbSUyRnVzZXIlMkZsYWR5c2FyYXN0cm8lMkZtZWRpYSUyRkdFREMxOTg1X3pwc2JlYmE4YWE5LmpwZy5odG1s&h=63916 href=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/ladysarastro/media/GEDC1985_zpsbeba8aa9.jpg.html target=_blank >[/img]GEDC1985_zpsbeba8aa9.jpgGEDC1985_zpsbeba8aa9.jpg

Very Happy with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

Has anyone tried Garnier 5 second blur? I got on friday in boots (about 12.99). I'd heard great reviews about it and so was dying to try it. It was okay but my make up did not go on well after it and it didn't do much for fine lines accross forehead. Has anyone else tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I can't seem to post a photo (?) but I bought Catrice BB cream recently and I have to say it's lovely. I'd tried samples of other BB creams before and wasn't impressed with any of them, but this is lovely. It covers well, but isn't heavy and has a nice 'glow' to it as well. It's around €6 something. I got mine in Penneys, but I think some pharmacies do it as well.

Also bought Collection 2000 concealer after seeing it being raved about on a beauty website I'm on and I have to say, for about €6, it's really good. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, was using Benefit erase paste, but all that seemed to do was settle under my eyes and make things look worse.

So I guess sometimes the cheaper options really do work well :)

http://www.catrice.eu/products/face/make-up/detail/product/bb-allround-foundation-multi-benefit-make-up-020.html

http://www.superdrug.com/collection-2000-concealer-lasting-perfection-fair/invt/592129&bklist=#youmayalsolike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought Lacura Beauty Care Oil today, 4.99e in Aldi today. Had anyone found it good for scarring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Has anyone tried Garnier 5 second blur? I got on friday in boots (about 12.99). I'd heard great reviews about it and so was dying to try it. It was okay but my make up did not go on well after it and it didn't do much for fine lines accross forehead. Has anyone else tried it?

Yeah did a great job on it's own but found it a bit too drying for me personally so I won't be using it again!

Does anyone know a good face or eye primer which looks well under make up?

Urban Decay are usually the most highly rated eye primer and Smashbox's face primer gets recommended a lot.

There are plenty of others that I'm sure are just as good, but they are the two names the come up again and again when it pops up in discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Urban Decay are usually the most highly rated eye primer and Smashbox's face primer gets recommended a lot.

I have the urban decay one. It's quite good but once your eyeshadow is on, that's it - it's on. Very little room for any corrections so be a bit careful in applying :p

I can't seem to post a photo (?) but I bought Catrice BB cream recently and I have to say it's lovely. I'd tried samples of other BB creams before and wasn't impressed with any of them, but this is lovely. It covers well, but isn't heavy and has a nice 'glow' to it as well. It's around €6 something. I got mine in Penneys, but I think some pharmacies do it as well.

Also bought Collection 2000 concealer after seeing it being raved about on a beauty website I'm on and I have to say, for about €6, it's really good. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, was using Benefit erase paste, but all that seemed to do was settle under my eyes and make things look worse.

So I guess sometimes the cheaper options really do work well :)

http://www.catrice.eu/products/face/make-up/detail/product/bb-allround-foundation-multi-benefit-make-up-020.html

http://www.superdrug.com/collection-2000-concealer-lasting-perfection-fair/invt/592129&bklist=#youmayalsolike

Where did you get the Collection 2000 Concealer? - I tried to order with the link but I think they only deliver to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I find that Benefit's The Porefessional gives a really silky base for foundation, I love it. I also second Tiddlypeep's recommendation for the UD eye primer, it's magic stuff :)

Thanks for the recommendations - I've never tried any of these so can't wait to get my hands on them now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Essence do an eye primer that's a good dupe for the UD one, I think it's called I love stage or something like that? It's only a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Where did you get the Collection 2000 Concealer? - I tried to order with the link but I think they only deliver to the UK.

Almost every Boots store stocks it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

bscm wrote: »
    Almost every Boots store stocks it :)

I got it in Superdrug, but yes, most Boots do it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

bought an ambre solaire BB cream recently because it was factor 50 and I work outdoors sometimes.

Its great stuff! nice colour to it, sinks in well and I was out all day in the baking heat on the weekend and my skin was perfect. Best of all it was half price in mccabes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Boots.ie is up and running, this may be the downfall of us all....so many brands!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

So excited SmokeyEyes! Am just placing my first order, will report back about how smooth a transaction it is. Delighted we can spend our points online too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

bought an ambre solaire BB cream recently because it was factor 50 and I work outdoors sometimes.

Its great stuff! nice colour to it, sinks in well and I was out all day in the baking heat on the weekend and my skin was perfect. Best of all it was half price in mccabes

Did you reapply it often to keep the sun protection topped up and if so did the bb cream go on well over the previous layer without becoming cakey? Or did you wash it off and reapply it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got Lancome Gel Eclat at the weekend. I haven't been this excited or impressed with a facial wash in a long time.

5 stars

b_127052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Boots.ie is up and running, this may be the downfall of us all....so many brands!!:D

I think I just heard my credit card cry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Shocking price difference on some items though, I think for big orders it would be worth your while to order via parcel motel from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I bought two NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliners - one in Bourbon St and one in Abbey Rd. I can't wait for them to arrive, hope they are as vibrant in real life.

Swatch pic from karlasugar.net
    NARS-Larger-Than-Life-Eyeliner-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got Clinique Superfine liner for brows in deep brown, lovely soft pencil, great for defining almost-blonde brows
    And treated myself to YSL Baby Doll perfume after finding a nearly empty 12 year old bottle of it from a school trip to Paris; strangely enough my tastes haven't changed since I was a teenager!

Advertisement