Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Luno wrote: »
    GHD-Eclipse-1.JPG
    Not sure if this fits here but not sure what I've just done. Really hoping this is going to be better than previous GHDs considering it is 100 euro more :eek: I am a victim of advertising anyways :P

Hi,
    What' the verdict on this? Is it worth the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Hi,
    What' the verdict on this? Is it worth the price?

It is great! Previously had the original GHD for a year until I stood on it :( This one straightens in much quicker time than I have experienced with GHDs in the past. I used to give up with my GHD halfway through because I'd have to take small sections at a time and go over them a few times to get them poker straight. This straightens it in one go. Another plus is that it doesn't get hot on the outside. Would recommend it to anyone in the market for a GHD who has hair that would be difficult to tame even with the original GHDs but if you haven't I wouldn't bother wasting my money when you could get the same results for 100 euro less :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Did anyone get the recent Glamour magazine? I dont normally buy it but they had 4 different free products (2 lipglosses, mascara and eyeliner). The magazine cost a grand total of €1.44 (!!!!) plus there was free shampoo samples inside. I bought 4 mags lol. I really wasnt expecting them to be good quality, but the lipglosses are amazing and so is the eyeliner, mascara not so much. Bargain!!!

qa4z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I got the glamour mags as well Bargain, I got one lipgloss the peachy one and I also got the lip enhancer pencil which im not so sure about.

It was my birthday on Friday, one of my friends got me the smashbox soft box, im not normallly a brown eyeshadow girl but she is a makeup artist and she did my makeup for my night out and i have to say she converted me to browns :)

I also picked up some skincare stuff from Dr Haushka with some birthday money i had be given. I got a toner, cleansing cream and melissa day cream which came with a free rejuvenating mask. There was a promo girl in the chemist and they were having a buy one travel size get one half price and 10% off larger sizes promo. Everything i bought cost me 36 euro and the promo girl gave me a free facial and loads of samples so i was a happy bunny.

My neice bought me two opi mini sets the Mariah Carey liquid sand collection and the euro central collection.

And I know this isnt beauty related but I also got an engagement ring :)

HAPPY OUT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Congrats ladypip :)

I went to the Benefit counter in the Carlow Sam McCauley to buy more of The Porefessional and, on a whim, bought Dr Feelgood instead (31e). I think you're supposed to apply it over foundation throughout the day to keep it matte and flawless, but I use it as a primer instead. I really like it, it gives a really silky base and blurs my pores, and my foundation stays put nicely. And the packaging is so kitsch :)

benefit-dr-feelgood-complexion-balm.jpg

I also bought some rosewater and tea tree oil toner for like 3e in the chemist, it's quite moisturising and good for redness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, I used that as a primer under foundation when I had it too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I just bought Skinician lip balm from Harvey Nichols Dundrum on a whim. It healed my chapped, dry lips fast. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Congrats ladypip :)

I went to the Benefit counter in the Carlow Sam McCauley to buy more of The Porefessional and, on a whim, bought Dr Feelgood instead (31e). I think you're supposed to apply it over foundation throughout the day to keep it matte and flawless, but I use it as a primer instead. I really like it, it gives a really silky base and blurs my pores, and my foundation stays put nicely. And the packaging is so kitsch :)

benefit-dr-feelgood-complexion-balm.jpg

I also bought some rosewater and tea tree oil toner for like 3e in the chemist, it's quite moisturising and good for redness.

Which do you think is better, porefessional or dr. feelgood?
    I was planning on purchasing the porefessional soon, but maybe this one would be better ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

biohaiid wrote: »
    Which do you think is better, porefessional or dr. feelgood?
    I was planning on purchasing the porefessional soon, but maybe this one would be better ..

I think the Dr Feelgood might be better for dryer skin, and I think it'll have greater longevity than The Porefessional because you use much less product per application. It's probably more portable too if you wanted to touch it up during the day. Tbh the only advantage to TP.is that it smells divine, DFG is nicely scented but not so much as TP

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I think the Dr Feelgood might be better for dryer skin, and I think it'll have greater longevity than The Porefessional because you use much less product per application. It's probably more portable too if you wanted to touch it up during the day. Tbh the only advantage to TP.is that it smells divine, DFG is nicely scented but not so much as TP

Cool, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

Has anyone ever had a reaction to the Olay Regenerist brands? I used the moisturizer recently, for only two days, and one of my eyelids went red and swollen. Maybe it is unrelation but I thought it might be too harsh for my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

157husg.jpg
    Went a bit mad in Boots yesterday:
    Two Barry M Gellys in Blood Orange & Lilac, Vichy Demablend in Opal, Apocalips in Nova, Scandal Eyes eyeliner, Dove gradual tanner and a few Aussie products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Ordered online from HOF for 10 euro less than the Irish price :D Figured it was time to invest after going through two samples and getting some moolah for my birthday

Laura_Mercier_silk_creme_foundation?wid=305&hei=280&fmt=png-alpha

And bits from Boots:

Picked this up after hearing rave reviews, like it already :)

maybelline-the-falsies-mascara.jpg

Repurchased a new favourite

lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I bought this recently when I found out it was a dupe of Urban Decays potion primer.

I-love_stage_eyeshadow_base.png

I'm quite happy with it. It has a slightly more watery consistency than potion primer but it's quite good. I haven't noticed any difference in quality. I don't get any creasing and my shadow stays put all day. I can't remember the exact price but it was less than a fiver. So with no discernible difference in quality I don't think I'll be rebuying UD's potion primer any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I bought this recently when I found out it was a dupe of Urban Decays potion primer.

I'm quite happy with it. It has a slightly more watery consistency than potion primer but it's quite good. I haven't noticed any difference in quality. I don't get any creasing and my shadow stays put all day. I can't remember the exact price but it was less than a fiver. So with no discernible difference in quality I don't think I'll be rebuying UD's potion primer any time soon.

I got the Cattrice version of this. Virtually indistinguishable from the UD potion, in both appearance and performance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

Got Benefit 'theyre real' mascara as a gift a few days ago- crap crap crap!! The bristles are really spiky and hurt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ Have to say I really like that mascara, I have a little small one of it I got in a set.
    I only wouldn't repurchase because I don't buy expensive make-up, it was a present in a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

So finally got all the bits I ordered from the 50% sale that Illamasqua had a while back. There was issues with my order at first but it got sorted out thankfully! Haven't tried anything yet but I will be later today so can't wait :D

W5TWcdq.jpg

6vrQYxe.png

I got the Hydra Veil, Satin Primer, two Skin Base Foundations in white and 06, a concealer, a cream highlighter in Gleam Aurora, a cream pigment in Hollow and a loose pigment in Furore.

I also picked up this yesterday to use with my moisturiser and foundation. It's gotten some good reviews and so far I really like it. Its the Vichy Capital Soleil spf 50 Mattifying Face Fluid.

T2d8K5Q.jpg

I bought this recently too and absoultely love it!
    For me, it's way better than UD's primer potion.
    I actually find this one much thicker than the primer potion, almost concealer like, which I love because it takes the place of the usual concealer I would put on my eyelids. Of course, it also provides a smooth base for my shado and helps it last too. Winner all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Does anyone know if Brown Thomas do back to MAC? How does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yep, you just bring in your six empties and exchange them for a lipstick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Twee. wrote: »
    Yep, you just bring in your six empties and exchange them for a lipstick :)

Can they be any empties?

I have five, one blot powder and a stacked pot, can I exchange/bring those in, or do I need specific empties? Can I choose any lipstick or do they have a limited range to choose from?

Thank you!

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Can they be any empties?

I have five, one blot powder and a stacked pot, can I exchange/bring those in, or do I need specific empties? Can I choose any lipstick or do they have a limited range to choose from?

Thank you!

Only certain products can be brought back (their boxes have "Back to MAC" on the flap), I think the US site will have more info (they have a mail-in service for US customers).

You can only get permanent range lipsticks, not limited edition ones.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think most products in proper containers are included, but things like lip pencil or eye liner pencil are not. They should be all listed here http://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_back/btm_return_packaging.tmpl

You cannot choose anything from the Viva Glam range.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I never knew about back to mac the amount of emptys ive thrown out from them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

nursemar88 wrote: »
    So finally got all the bits I ordered from the 50% sale that Illamasqua had a while back. There was issues with my order at first but it got sorted out thankfully! Haven't tried anything yet but I will be later today so can't wait :D

W5TWcdq.jpg

6vrQYxe.png

I got the Hydra Veil, Satin Primer, two Skin Base Foundations in white and 06, a concealer, a cream highlighter in Gleam Aurora, a cream pigment in Hollow and a loose pigment in Furore.

I also picked up this yesterday to use with my moisturiser and foundation. It's gotten some good reviews and so far I really like it. Its the Vichy Capital Soleil spf 50 Mattifying Face Fluid.

T2d8K5Q.jpg

What nail polish are u using? It looks well

nursemar88 wrote: »

Please report back on Hollow :) I've been stalking it on Debenhams for weeks now after hearing Pixiwoo recommend it for contouring pale skin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

What nail polish are u using? It looks well
    Thank you. Its Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed and the glitter is Essence Special Effect Topper in Disco Disco. There's a better picture in the nail polish thread :D
    bscm wrote: »
    Please report back on Hollow :) I've been stalking it on Debenhams for weeks now after hearing Pixiwoo recommend it for contouring pale skin
    I will for sure. I'm super pale so I will see how I get on. Swatched heavily it seems quite orange toned but it blends out well. I'll let you know when I use it more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I bought a bottle of Estee Lauder double wear a few months ago (I must be the only woman on the planet that doesn't like it - it just doesn't sit right on my skin at all!) and I got a free sample of their Advanced Night Repair Serum.

I completely forgot about it and only found it last week and have been using it since then. I love it! It's really light and not at all greasy and I've noticed my skin has been less red and my acne scarring seems to be healing a bit too. Just googled and apparently loads of people use it to clear up acne scarring successfully. Think I'll have to somehow scrape some funds together to buy it when my sample runs out (you only need 2-3 drops for your face and the girl gave me a very generous sample :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

My recent duty-free purchases (I should not go to the airport too early. I'm way easily tempted):

Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Illusoire: Love it! Great, very flattering colour. Great staying power. Easy to apply and blend. Doesn't budge. What more do you want? ;)

Illusoire4.jpg

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink: I've been wanting this for long. I love it. Easy to apply and blend. Great classic colour. Doesn't budge.

BB_PotRouge_PPink_01.jpg

Kanebo Sensai Softening Lotion: Again, I've always wanted to try these liquid softening lotions and heard great things about Kanebo. I've only used this once, so it's too early to say anything. But my skin feels, well, soft. :)

801553.jpg

None of the images belong to me.

Advertisement