Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just picked up another Irish made Shotgun!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Nice gun, the stock is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Lovely, next time Im in Dublin ill photograph the address on the gun and send it to you saying that google maps will do it for ye. Bet a lot has changed... in fact after checking I think its an AIB bank.

Watts on the Quays Gone
    Garnets and Keegans Gone
    Rorys fishing tackle only does a bit for the shooter but is still hanging on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Lovely damascus hasn't it. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

very nice:cool: are you going to chance firing it:eek:
    i also know a lad that has one from the same maker's, it's been in there family for decades i have never seen it in the flesh only heard all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Nice find. What are your plans for this old girl ?:)
    Looks like a Jones rotary lever AKA "lever over guard".
    http://www.acant.org.au/Articles/ThomasBissellPatent.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nice piece! Glad to see it migrated to the Free New World very well.
    Reckon it is a no 2 of a matched pair BTW.
    One pic of the action and serial number has an off set nr "2" lying on its side.Usually donates a matched pair of guns. :)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

nothing looks as well as a nice browned damascus barrel, and they don't ring like steel does .

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

johnner1 wrote: »
    very nice:cool: are you going to chance firing it:eek:
    i also know a lad that has one from the same maker's, it's been in there family for decades i have never seen it in the flesh only heard all about it.

Yeah I'll shoot it, I have low power black powder rounds.
    It'll handle those OK I'm sure.
    This is my third Irish made shotgun, I've got another earlier muzzle loader sxs by Kavanagh and a Trulock and Harris boxlock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Fair play nice buy , Hope it brings you many years shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Absolutely beautiful! Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

harmoniums wrote: »
    Yeah I'll shoot it, I have low power black powder rounds.
    It'll handle those OK I'm sure.
    This is my third Irish made shotgun, I've got another earlier muzzle loader sxs by Kavanagh and a Trulock and Harris boxlock

Hope all runs smoothly for you;) thats a fine collection of guns you have got yourself there fair play to you:cool:

Advertisement