Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedward to win EU vision thingy tonight

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

sgb wrote: »
    Congratulations to John and Edward at winning the rite to represent Ireland, two lads from Dublin who made it. We should all get behind them and wish them well, come on Ireland

I hope they make complete fools of themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

You do know that Dervish represented Ireland in 2007? They finished last with 5points, all from Albania.

Please re-read the first line of my post that you quoted! :) It's about participating - and demostrating what we can do. Whoever goes there should go there to sell the country as an interesting place, as a great bunch of people etc. A bit of goodwill will go a long way - especially when we are constantly blowing ECB for more money..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I don't think it matters who we send. Its all about the song. We've sent nothing but forgettable songs for years. Every time I watch the program to select the song its always the same auld sh!te in there. If you look at the likes of Fairytale (Norwegian buck with the violin) that was catchy as hell. As soon as you heard it you knew it was going to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went to see George Hrab earlier this evening; he's American, in Ireland for the first time, so you can imagine his bemusement when the driver of the cab from the airport started crying about Jedward and Eurovision ... "what's a Jedward?" :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hope they make complete fools of themselves
    Name me a Euro vision entry which hasn't done just that? Don't underestimate Jedward. They could be brilliant. The most important thing is points. Jedward could deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Haha just watched it on rte player now. I really couldnt give a crap about the eurovision, jedward etc but it was pretty obvious that RTE had giving by far the largest amount of tickets to fans of nicky kavanagh or whoever it was. Then they got all stroppy at the end when jedward won., haha losers. Joke is on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the eurovision is a joke because WE made it a joke, the booing of the result on last nights late late summed it up, now we send turkeys and dustin ;) not long ago we were sending this and winning by a landslide

This. What a great song. But Rossie is right, we are in control, we are making a joke out of it and someone is getting rich off of it while we take the piss out of Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Eurovision is a joke because the "New Europeans" vote for each other in overwhelming block votes. Bring back the Berlin Wall. We were happy enough in our Western ghetto. Sure they want to join our organisations, but then vote overwhelmingly for each other.

block voting or no block voting we as a country have not sent anything to touch these last 15 years

and lol at those mentioning dervish, jesus f**king christ the girl sang like she was drunk, 5 points was too much for that song, not that long ago we were the country whose interval act was riverdance and today we think dervish are worthy :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Two turkeys are better than one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement