Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age 2

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats a bit crappy then if thats all. I think my save was pretty much was the default start character was
    made alistair king, boned leilani, did the business with morrigan to save my sorry ass in the last battle
    . Iwas hoping for something like isabella and leilani to go at it again or some unique weapon.

There's a few mentions of 'The Hero of Ferelden' during the game, which change depending on who you played as (i.e. might mention that he was a Mage who wasn't in the Circle). There's a few other mentions of things that happened, but it's pretty minor to be honest. I also met
    King Alistair, who asked me to be good and help Kirkwall, and met Zevran on a quest
    but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Those 2 happen with the default(no save) character.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah, perhaps the changes when you import a save should be more.....pronounced. I think they dropped the ball with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This worries me...

seriously.dib

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lord Inglip is telling me where to recruit breasts

redditors-summon-inglip-dark-lord-of-captcha-2239-1294937433-7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This worries me...

seriously.dib

Turn of the safe search and look at the 1st result returned for the rule 34 search :eek:

I really cant post a link to it here as I would certainly be banned , but I will say It's a pencil sketch some one did of of isabella and in no way is it safe for work , home if wife or child is around. I think im blind now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

calex71 wrote: »
    Turn of the safe search and look at the 1st result returned for the rule 34 search :eek:

I really cant post a link to it here as I would certainly be banned , but I will say It's a pencil sketch some one did of of isabella and in no way is it safe for work , home if wife or child is around. I think im blind now :D
    Saw it. Could not resist turning it off just to see.

It looks like something a guy did while it was installing.

Surprised it took this long, speaking of which i was searching for DA:O mods the other night, DA:2 got me back into DA:O and found a bucket load of mods that added in extended hc romance scenes for it. So not surprised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hc= hardcore ?
    cos uh.. I'd totally replay dragon age for that

Yeah they're the top downloaded DA mods by far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah they're the top downloaded DA mods by far.

Say's a lot about it's userbase i'd say...not that i've downloaded it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Finally got around to finishing it. As disappointed as I suspected I would be. Really poorly told story all round. One gem, however, was
    when Anders blew up the Chantry
    , I laughed out loud, was quite unexpected. Glad someone did something interesting. Absolutely hated the way
    you end up fighting Orsino no matter what, even though I chose to defend the mages it still seemed like I was just running through all the same fights regardless of the choice I made
    . Ugh, and when
    Sebastien was all "I'm going to raise an army, come back and conquer this place, kill you and then kill your lover Anders" my only response is "Ok bye" instead of "Better kill him now then"
    . And the final confrontation with
    the Knight-Commander was ridiculous. Evil sword! How interesting. God forbid she's actually just a bitch

Awful. Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game needs more romance options.

1235421064_tKdsS-L.jpg

So decided to play and finish DA:O last week, downloaded the witch hunt DLC as well. By the way both Witch hunt and DA:2 ended, it'd be cool if you had the choice of playing your champion or grey warden character in 3 and it would make sense.

I liked both. Liked origins but there was too much farting around in it, the dwarf kingdom for example too much running back and forth with 3-4 loading screens talking to this guy then back to another guy etc. Some of the quests were bloody well drawn out, urn of ashes, the deep roads. DA:2 seemed to go to the extreme, less farting around but some pretty short quests and oh the repetivity, i could run the wounded coast blindfolded and using my feet to control the pad.

DA:O Companion interaction was great, you really had to think what your were going to say and how you'd approach decisions in missions. DA:2 seemed to go the extreme basically an idiots guide to character interaction, you'd want to a complete pleb to fail to get character friendship\romance going. Still though i thought the character conversations while walking around were brilliant, particularly anything involving merrill or Isabela.

Storywise, liked both, 2 kinda more, there was something brewing in 1, 2 brought it to the fore and i presuming 3 will be all about it
    Presumably An all out war with apostatemages and some dude behind it all
    . Thought the 3 possible outcomes with bethany was pretty cool. Just seemed more interesting than the blight. I do agree with zillah
    the orsino fight, reloaded straight away after the game and pretty much the same result, that was lazy and dissapointing, for such a huge decision there was really sfa of a difference

BTW any sign of an update, being unable to finish\start that rescue mission in act 3 is driving me nuts.

Ps that rule 34 website is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

So decided to play and finish DA:O last week, downloaded the witch hunt DLC as well. By the way both Witch hunt and DA:2 ended, it'd be cool if you had the choice of playing your champion or grey warden character in 3 and it would make sense.

I liked both. Liked origins but there was too much farting around in it, the dwarf kingdom for example too much running back and forth with 3-4 loading screens talking to this guy then back to another guy etc. Some of the quests were bloody well drawn out, urn of ashes, the deep roads. DA:2 seemed to go to the extreme, less farting around but some pretty short quests and oh the repetivity, i could run the wounded coast blindfolded and using my feet to control the pad.

DA:O Companion interaction was great, you really had to think what your were going to say and how you'd approach decisions in missions. DA:2 seemed to go the extreme basically an idiots guide to character interaction, you'd want to a complete pleb to fail to get character friendship\romance going. Still though i thought the character conversations while walking around were brilliant, particularly anything involving merrill or Isabela.

Storywise, liked both, 2 kinda more, there was something brewing in 1, 2 brought it to the fore and i presuming 3 will be all about it
    Presumably An all out war with apostatemages and some dude behind it all
    . Thought the 3 possible outcomes with bethany was pretty cool. Just seemed more interesting than the blight. I do agree with zillah
    the orsino fight, reloaded straight away after the game and pretty much the same result, that was lazy and dissapointing, for such a huge decision there was really sfa of a difference

BTW any sign of an update, being unable to finish\start that rescue mission in act 3 is driving me nuts.

Ps that rule 34 website is crazy.

This. I pretty much agree word for word here dude.

PS Rule 34: NO EXCEPTIONS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Need some help with the
    Arishock duel
    getting my ass owned, keeps downing health potions whenever i get him below 2/3 health... gah

He only uses them 3 times, as for fighting depends on who you are, warrior trying to keep the pillars between you and him and get him in the back, rogue or mage, take him out from distance, bring loads of stamina\mana potions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

He only uses them 3 times, as for fighting depends on who you are, warrior trying to keep the pillars between you and him and get him in the back, rogue or mage, take him out from distance, bring loads of stamina\mana potions

Cheers! Yea got it after a while, took me more than 30mins though :P

Advertisement