Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I downloaded it for the ps3

Loved the graphics but it kept freezing on me and the characters voices sometimes during cut scenes couldnt be heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Kiith wrote: »
    Why is everyone using Mass Effect 2 like a bad word? It was widely regarded as 2010's GOTY. Granted, they took some of the RPG out of it, but it was still an amazing game. Can we not enjoy it, even if the combat has been 'dumbed down'?
    because it was ****ing stupid. Balanced tactical gameplay was replaced with "duck and autoheal" challengeless rubbish. I dont know how you could die.

You also couldn't die as a tank in DA Awakenings, but that was because of a flaw where your armour rating would quickly make you impervious to damage.

I'm disgusted, but unsurprised, to read that they've done this to DA 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loved it, its so much more console friendly than DA1 which is a great thing. Nice and streamlined and not having to pause to **** about with spells and **** is great.

Great job, cant wait for full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

humanji wrote: »
    It's a case of ME2 losing a lot of what made ME1 great. It's still a good game, but a lot of people that the game felt so different.

I haven't had a chance to have a go at the demo yet, so I can't comment on it. But I do have a fear that it's almost heralding then end of PC rpg's if Bioware are making things more console and action orientated. I know that's an overly dramatic thing to say, but I'm in a funny mood today, so there :P

I have severe problems with the storyline in ME2 (the side stories were brilliant, it's just that the main one seemed like an after thought), so I'm really hoping that they haven't done the same to DA2. I don't mind a faster, action combat system. It's the RPG and story elements that made the original great, I'd just hate for them to lose that.

Just a hunch but i would guess they sell more copies on consoles than on PC because of piracy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just a hunch but i would guess they sell more copies on consoles than on PC because of piracy...

Piracy is widespread on consoles.

It's more that they sell more to a bigger audience. Most people in work and friends at home have a console (xbox or ps3). I know less then a handful of people with a gaming pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

was getting really bad fps with my gtx 460 on dx 11 mode :confused: weird texture glitches as well god damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

was getting really bad fps with my gtx 460 on dx 11 mode :confused: weird texture glitches as well god damn

Turning off v-sync helps fps but there was some weird darkspawn shadow artifacts on my 5850.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished the demo (PS3) and all i can say is WANT WANT WANT!

I noticed the audio bugs aswell, mainly that during cut-scenes everytime it switched to a different character the background noises from the previous scene suddenly stopped. Got a bit annoying and hope it's sorted out in the final build!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I liked it quite a bit but was getting killed by the big darkspawn gentleman so I turned it off. Unsure so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Same, dropped it down to Dx9 and was a bit smoother but still got moments where the ground textures went black (or just vanished). Also had the cutscenes jutter round when switching views between the different characters.

But overall I liked it, was very meh on DA:O but cant wait to give DA2 a try, even though the combat (my biggest gripe with DA:O) seems the same :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Same, dropped it down to Dx9 and was a bit smoother but still got moments where the ground textures went black (or just vanished). Also had the cutscenes jutter round when switching views between the different characters.

But overall I liked it, was very meh on DA:O but cant wait to give DA2 a try, even though the combat (my biggest gripe with DA:O) seems the same :confused:

Played on a 6950 with 10.12 cats, with everything cranked as high as it would go with the DX11 shader and I have had no issues with gfx :confused:

Hopefully things will be smoother for people when the game comes out.....

All in all the combat doesn't annoy me: granted if you like your battles to be a total oldschool grindfest and then spend 20 mins healing everyone after the battle and then wait another 10 mins for everyone's man/stamina to regenerate and repeat EVERY fight then yes you will be disappointed :D

It def is more KOTOR than Baldurs gate in game mechanics..... Which to be fair will not suit a lot of people who do like the old style D&D tactical grindfest battles.

My main concern will be how light your choices will be on the story. Bioware seem to only have added an extra "smart ass" option and wedged it between paragon and renegade..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I miss Baldur's Gate T_T

That said, demo isn't too bad so far. EDIT: Other than **** performance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I miss Baldur's Gate T_T

No RPG will ever have the same effect on me as Baldur's Gate did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's funny how everyone who's ever played it feels a bit of a pang in their heart when someone says that. It's like realising you'll never replace your first love.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did anyone notice the minor difference to how Varric told the legend compared to the truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Varik wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the minor difference to how Varric told the legend compared to the truth?
    You fibber.

I still have yet to finish my first playthrough :)

It is so awesome so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Never played buldars gate :(

Looks similar to diablo, i might give it a go because i LOVE diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Magill wrote: »

Looks similar, plays very different. Plays much like DA:O, i.e. mutiple party members, real time with pause, multiple classes, many attributes, large inventory, large number of feats and spells, non-linear story large branching & dialogue intensive conversation trees. It's a proper crpg as opposed to hack n slash dungeon crawler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i really want to like baldurs gate, I want an epic sprawling game/story to immerse myself in. but I just cannot get over my dislike of clicky rpgs. I tried again today and after clicking all over the screen to get rid of the fog of war and try to figure out where the hell I was supposed to go, I just gave up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Magill wrote: »

You can grab it here cheaply enough.

I actually started it again recently, playing solo on hardest difficulty. Completely different experience to playing it with a full group as it becomes very tactical.

Blowfish wrote: »
    You can grab it here cheaply enough.

I actually started it again recently, playing solo on hardest difficulty. Completely different experience to playing it with a full group as it becomes very tactical.

Are you a bard or a Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Are you a bard or a Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric?
    Actually, neither. I'm playing through BG1Tutu so am a sorceror. The first few levels involved a hell of a lot of running away. I also have a few mods installed for smarter AI and more difficult enemy mages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

stop bragplaining you show off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

love the first on, cant wait for the second

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why is left and right defaulted to the Q and E keys?
    also did anyone else have problems logging into their EA account as it would not let me and then hang my pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Anxiety

i lvoed the first dragon age and from what i have seen from the demo for dragon age 2 i will also love it jsut as much if notm ore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Finished the demo yesterday, I liked it as long as the full game isn't as 'streamlined' as the demo is. Combat seemed a little boring, as in Point - Click - Wait for enemys health to go down. I suppose a whole bunch of talents/spells in the quick bar will make that more interesting.

One thing I didn't like was the camera angles and movement. Unless I was missing something there didn't seem to be a full zoom-out option like there was in DA1.

Your sister has epic boobs as does that chick towards the end of the demo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Your sister has epic boobs as does that chick towards the end of the demo.

And the media tries so desperately to stereotype us gamers. Why I will never know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mewso wrote: »
    And the media tries so desperately to stereotype us gamers. Why I will never know.

Like you didnt notice :p

Advertisement