Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Briar Hill

Options
  • 11-02-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I am looking to travel to Galway by bus, from Athlone. Does anybody know if the bus will go anywhere near Briar Hill business park, or more importantly is there a stop nearby? Or would I have to go into the city first and then make my way out there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The bus will go pretty close to it (one roundabout down the dual carriageway) - but won't stop there.

Get off at GMIT, take your life in your hands crossing the Dublin Rd, and catch the #9 bus.

Or spend an extra 15 minutes and stay on the bus into Eyre Square, and get the #9 from there.

The Briar Hill / Doughiska / Deochuisce Neighbourhood Map shows you exactly where it is.

I haven't done a detailed map of the layout of the estate, but this week's Galway Advertiser (on-line version available if you give 'em your email address) has one on page 62.

Happy travels!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Ta very much!

Advertisement