Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract

Options
  • 11-02-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Can I pull out of my eircom contract now with these new changes? if so ,how do I go about it I want out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

simple answer is yes as the terms and conditions have changed you are entitled to walk away from the contract without penalty under regulation 17
    just ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

Deffo! Eircom are Sho-EE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Recently rang Eircom and switched from one bundle to another and am now want to switch provider. Rang Eircom to confirm that i am not contracted to find out i am which Eircom did not mention at the time. I asked could i opt out and was told that i could revert to my old package which would release me from the contract. Hope this works as i want to move asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi,

I believe the number you call is 1800 251 251

More info here :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056176724

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

I am currently midway through a 12 month contract for the broadband and chatter talk package. If I decide to cancel the contract under this opt out period, I'm told that it will be without penalty.

Does that mean that I can keep the Eircom router without paying the normal cancellation fee of €50? If I cancel, will I be able to switch to another provider and keep my current phone number or will my number be forfeited through the cancellation process (as opposed to simply switching under normal circumstances)? Will I be able to avoid paying any cancellation fees as it's mid-contract? Will there be any interruption of service while switching?

Basically can I switch to another provider without paying anything in cancellation fees and also be able to keep the router?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Yeah i've been onto eircom and I can't get out of my contract because I have a broadband only line and not a package:rolleyes:

I then asked about the line rental and any is there any plans to reduce it ,guess what ,they gave me sob story that they want the line rental reduced but the regulator won't let them because they will damage smaller companies ,booo hoo what a crock of crap ,I don't see upc being forced to charge the same as eircom:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Yeah i've been onto eircom and I can't get out of my contract because I have a broadband only line and not a package:rolleyes:

I then asked about the line rental and any is there any plans to reduce it ,guess what ,they gave me sob story that they want the line rental reduced but the regulator won't let them because they will damage smaller companies ,booo hoo what a crock of crap ,I don't see upc being forced to charge the same as eircom:rolleyes:

hi
    you are entitled to get out of contract, if they increase prices that you are not happy with, under EU reg 17.

like you i only have line rental on the line and broadband, no package.

eircom have told me that they will let me cease the line with no charges,
    and that i cannot go on a month to month basis.

can anyone clarify, in our scenario, are we also entitled to move the line to another operator without any penalty or termination charges.

Advertisement