Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London Fashion Week

• 11-02-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

Got this email in from Professional Photographer Magazine UK

" We're looking for talented, emerging photographers to shoot at London Fashion Week.
    Professional Photographer magazine in association with Canon, the principal sponsor of London Fashion Week, has 20 unique accreditation passes to shoot Jaeger London's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk show and rehearsal from the catwalk pit on Sunday 20 February at London Fashion Week, Somerset House.
    It's an exciting and unique opportunity for young photographers and not to be missed.
    To enter, just submit one image that sums up how you see the world to the 'Shoot the Catwalk' gallery on the Professional Photographer website. To enter you need to be a member of our website – if you are not already registered you can do so at http://www.professionalphotographer.co.uk/register
    The catwalk shoot takes place on 20 February at Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA.
    Winners of the competition will need to arrive at Somerset House by 5.30pm on 20 February 2011 with suitable cameras and kit for the shoot.
    All the photographers will be briefed by the Canon Pro team and will have the chance to meet Grant Scott, Editor of Professional Photographer magazine.
    Terms and conditions:
    • Entrants must be aged between 18 and 30.
    • Entrants can only submit a maximum of one image.
    • Deadline for entry is midnight on 16 February 2011.
    • All winners will be informed via email on 17 February 2011.
    • Judging process: the winner will be decided by Grant Scott, Editor of Professional Photographer magazine. The judge’s decision is final.
    • Each entrant must own the copyright of the submitted images and ensure that all necessary model releases and clearances have been obtained.
    • Winners must agree that any images resulting from the catwalk shoot will be subject to usage restrictions which will be stipulated before their
    arrival at the shoot."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

jeez i am too old to enter, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

stcstc wrote: »

Me too :( by 11 fricken years!! :eek:

me to by 11 years tooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I'm too old by 13 years...:(:eek::o

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me!

You take photos of their event, that they can certainly well afford to pay a professional photographer for, you get nothing from it, except the "experience", and you can't even use your images however you like afterwards?

Sounds like you'd be a real "winner" alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm in London tomorrow....

For a footy match....I wonder how the fisheye will capture the Emirates. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Pretty damn nicely! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Beautifully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me!

You take photos of their event, that they can certainly well afford to pay a professional photographer for, you get nothing from it, except the "experience", and you can't even use your images however you like afterwards?

Sounds like you'd be a real "winner" alright.

tbh, I would think there would be enough photographers at the event that it is a legit competition not just pile in a load of people and rob their pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

stcstc you don't look a minute over 21 ;)

I've a good margin over the lot of yiz in terms of being too old to enter.

Hugh

(stcstc thanks a mil for all your work btw)

• Advertisement

he he hugh

hope it went well, sorry couldnt make it

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

be nice to take pics of fashion :)
    he he hugh

hope it went well, sorry couldnt make it

Advertisement