Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automotive Photography

• 11-02-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm a moderator from a forum for E30 BMW 3 Series. In May last year we had a big gathering/meet for E30's, it was our first attempt at getting a lot of E30 together for a big meet all at the same time. The day was a great success and we exceeded all our and probably everyone elses expectation with over 75 E30 there on the day.

3.jpg

We are just now in the planning stages for another event mid June with the same aim, to get a lot of E30 together and possibly cater for other BMW's and other marques as well.

Last year was a good show but this year we want to do an even better event and one of the idea's thats been mentioned was to have a photographer there on the day to do portrait photo's of E30 owners cars.

I'd love to be in a position to do this myself but I don't have the experience or equipment or a clue of how this might work. Are there photographers here or even in Ireland who would have experience with this kind of thing, where would I look for someone, whats involved etc etc

I hope someone can help us out or get us going in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please give advice here.

No offers in thread.

OP you may consider putting a summarised request in the Services Thread in the Stickies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Prepare for an avalanche of PM's smile.gif

There is a number of photographer's on here who could do this for you.

The one that springs to mind is a chap by the name of challengemaster. He has a genuine interest in cars as well so thats a plus.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok, didn't know we had something like that on boards :)

Just to add in regards to offers, for now I'm more after information and idea on how something like this works so we can get an idea on the site about the possibility of doing this.

EDIT: I know challengemaster from my gaming days a few years ago :) Hopefulyl he'll see this, if not I'll get firing of a pm.

Just to add as well, we're pursuing a few guys to cover the show and take some good pics but the idea for this is more a portrait thing for proud owners :D and their cars rather than just the cars on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

jozi wrote: »
    EDIT: I know challengemaster from my gaming days a few years ago :) Hopefulyl he'll see this, if not I'll get firing of a pm.

haha I sold him a gaming mouse a few years ago.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Hi Jozi,

I'm on e30owners as well - keegoie's (guy with the red M3) brother in law. I had the black touring at the terenure show a couple of years back (stolen) and a mint IS (untimely meeting with wall/lamppost) - they have my heart broken so taking a break for a while.

I missed the big meet - had planned to bring the camera's but couldn't make it.

There is another guy called Paddy that is into the car shots as well.

I think that what you might be looking for is not really possible at a big meet. The backgrounds would be horrible, even for close up shots.

Best thing to do would be to organise a small group and pick a few locations.

I'm in Glasnevin so not to far from you if you want to meet for a chat.
    Do you still have the IS touring? I haven't been on the site in ages...

Hope the architecture is picking up :)

• Advertisement

Hey Boswell, I recognize the name from the forums and I certainly remember that your car was stolen - had me worried for a bit since I'm in the same area! Your into photography as well? Could do with some tips if your into taking pics of cars!

You'll have to make it to this years one, we are hoping it will be much bigger and better :D

Is that Paddy Cromin (sp?) you mean? The idea I had in mind was to have a tent of some sort that a car can drive into with a nice back drop, take a few pics and move onto the next car.

I still have the iS touring but a gasket went in it last october. Had planned a m52 conversion, just not then, recently got a touring shell that I'm sorting rust on right now and will be reshelling the blue touring into it with some new additions and a m52 - hopefulyl in time for the meet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dazftw wrote: »
    The one that springs to mind is a chap by the name of challengemaster. He has a genuine interest in cars as well so thats a plus.

Lets hope they don't turn out like donedeal photos, eh? :pac: ;) Thanks for the mention daz
    Luckily enough, I did! :P send us on a PM anywho :)
    dazftw wrote: »
    haha I sold him a gaming mouse a few years ago.
    :D it's still working fine too, <3 mx518

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

That looks like a deadly meet, is it E30Owners forum?

Would it be ok for randomers to turn up and have a look? (fellow Beemer fan/owner here too.)

Hecklar wrote: »

Would it be ok for randomers to turn up and have a look? (fellow Beemer fan/owner here too.)

Yeah E30owners.com and sure we will welcome anyone interested. We still toying with idea's at the min, the date is set for the 19th of June, trying to get a venue booked in Athlone before we start putting word out on the forums.

Challengemaster, will pm you later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Hecklar wrote: »

yep thats the site - I'm sure you'd be more than welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Just to add as well, we're pursuing a few guys to cover the show and take some good pics but the idea for this is more a portrait thing for proud owners :D and their cars rather than just the cars on display.

Ideally, you'd want to set aside an area where you could roll in the car, shoot, roll out car and roll in the next one. Something fast, easy and that can deliver consistent results to all your members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Paddy McGrath (above poster) is a genious at automotive stuff. Best in the country bar far.

Advertisement