Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo to symbolize protection.

Options
  • 11-02-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Looking to get my second tattoo in a couple of weeks. Heading up to Snakebite after the brilliant experience I had with my last few piercings there.

I don't mean to sound as though I have no idea what to get, I just have no idea how to symbolize it.

Basically, I want something that represents protection and safety.

I've looked all around and found nothing that works for me yet.
    I'm interested more in something from another culture, rather than a street shark with a knife..

Is there any well known symbol for protection and safety, or anything that you would reccomend? I'm completely open to any ideas and I'd be glad to know how you feel. It'll be on my upper arm, just before the arm of a t-shirt :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Of course I find something a few minutes after posting a thread..

Just came across the niho mano. I love the symbolism of polynesian tattooing but had never looked in to it for myself. Sources tell me the niho mano, or sharks teeth, is the polynesian symbol for protection.

Any opinions or even better, people with polynesian tattoos? Would there be a better place to go than Snakebite for this style?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

The eye of Horus is ment to ward off evil and give you protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Is there any well known symbol for protection and safety, or anything that you would reccomend? I'm completely open to any ideas

63994218-a3b9-498a-99f0-754cd846c4a1.jpg

mikom wrote: »
    63994218-a3b9-498a-99f0-754cd846c4a1.jpg

/thread

My mind is made up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

the first thing i thought of when i seen the word protection was a condom also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What about a shield?

I thought about it Damo, but I want something that people wont instantly recognise, and that is kind of my secret. Hope that doesn't sound silly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I thought about it Damo, but I want something that people wont instantly recognise, and that is kind of my secret. Hope that doesn't sound silly

Aegishjalmur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Pentagrams are a symbol of protection, as are Nazars, as are images of the sun. Don't know if that helps? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Angel wings perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Advertisement