Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs. Manchester City (SS2 - 12.45)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Roj2eqffes

Bitter bitter Bertie! :lol: City is their name...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

lordgoat wrote: »

hahahaha

Ya mike, we've been looking over our shoulder at ye for the last 35 years and it ain't going to stop.

What an absolute clown :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hahahaha

Ya mike, we've been looking over our shoulder at ye for the last 35 years and it ain't going to stop.
    what a douchebag

Gwan Yorkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

City deserved a draw imo.

Vidic was immense. 11/10 for me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

This is how it feels to be City....

Thought Smalling had a great game too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

City deserved a draw imo.

Vidic was immense. 11/10 for me.;)

smalling too was fcukin savage!!!!!!!! as a tallaght scanger would say:D

Dave! wrote: »
    Thought Smalling had a great game too

On any other day he would got my MOM but just taught Vidic performance today showed why he is best CB in business.

smalling too was fcukin savage!!!!!!!! as a tallaght scanger would say:D

He sure was lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Dave! wrote: »
    what a douchebag

Gwan Yorkey

Sure he just sat there with his mouth shut. Summerbee was talking sense there, yet as far as everyone is concerned there was only one team out on that pitch, and yes it took a wonder-strike to beat us.

Then we have the inevitable mastabatory meltdown on here and clowns calling legends of the game douchebags? and you wonder why you are despised?

On any other day he would got my MOM but just taught Vidic performance today showed why he is best CB in business.

Kompany was head and shoulders above both of them today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

karma_ wrote: »
    Sure he just sat there with his mouth shut. Summerbee was talking sense there, yet as far as everyone is concerned there was only one team out on that pitch, and yes it took a wonder-strike to beat us.

Then we have the inevitable mastabatory meltdown on here and clowns calling legends of the game douchebags? and you wonder why you are despised?

Legend or not, If you behave like a douchebag on tv, you'll be called a douchebag.

I like the way you say it took an exceptional goal to beat ye, but fail to mention it took a big slice of luck for ye to even be drawing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Legends of the game don't go on tv and be bitter little sh-ite's. They have a bit of class.

Yorke was embarrassed for him. I don't believe in stats. Clown shoes. The man made Jamie Redknapp look bearable. How do you even begin to do that?

Great game though eh? Rooney WOW. World class.

Was he standing on the bottom step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Not sure how you worked that one out. City conceded two goals and Manutd the one and it was lucky as well.

• Advertisement

Was he standing on the bottom step?

Enjoy your gloat-a-thon today, we will have our day in the sun.

he's cracking up
    he's cracking up
    he cracking
    Karmas cracking up

Vanbis wrote: »
    Not sure how you worked that one out. City conceded two goals and Manutd the one and if was lucky as well.

You could also he was out of position for the first united goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Then we have the inevitable mastabatory meltdown on here

That's a figment of your imagination karma_/Mike.

Most people are just celebrating the win and LOLing at Summerbee's ostrich performance.

Enjoy your gloat-a-thon today, we will have our day in the sun.

Gloat a thon?? Jesus karma it's just another three points for us. Just another 3. Kind of annoyed though cos we should have taken 6/6 instead of 4/6.

Of course ye will. The sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while. Until then stay bitter, never let it go. It's what makes these threads sooooooo enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

You could also he was out of position for the first united goal.

Your memory is better then mine, i can only remember Rooneys winner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm pretty sure Rooney was head and shoulders above Kompany for the winning goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Never Wayne Rooney's biggest fan but buy god what a goal. Out of the top top top draw. I actually missed Andy Grey then id love to hear what he would have said...:D:D Simple breath taking..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Remember the "welcome to manchester" poster cos united fans do and we will enjoy every game we win and every time united show who people think of when they hear manchester mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm pretty sure Rooney was head and shoulders above Kompany for the winning goal.

Head and shoulders - No.

Ankles and Knees - Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Kompany was very good today, very composed defender

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Not a United fan myself but I have to say, there's nothing better than seeing them Citeh fools put back in their place. They'll forever be the second team in Manchester

Big club me hole :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Gloat a thon?? Jesus karma it's just another three points for us. Just another 3. Kind of annoyed though cos we should have taken 6/6 instead of 4/6.

Of course ye will. The sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while. Until then stay bitter, never let it go. It's what makes these threads sooooooo enjoyable.

Simple as that.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

index.php.png?1267048679
    Super_FUUU_Face.jpg?1286762129
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Great game I thought today.

For United I thought Smalling dererves special mention, an amazingly matuure showing from a lad who was playing non-league two years ago. What a future he has in front of him. Nani as well I thought was brilliant, full of invention, whipped some great balls in and a constant threat.

The goal itself was absolutely phenomenal, such athleticism. Still finding it hard to warm to Rooney these days but if he puts the noisy neighbour back in their little boxes a few more times I might think about forgiving him.

One team in Manchester indeed. It won't last forever obviously, but it feels so so good to do them over yet again. You don't buy greatness. You earn it.

• Advertisement

I'd say Wayne will enjoy having scored that against Joe Hart, they always seem to have a bit of banter during the matches, must be mates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

flahavaj wrote: »

One team in Manchester indeed. It won't last forever obviously, but it feels so so good to do them over yet again. You don't buy greatness. You earn it.

Indeed considering United aren't even from the city of Manchester. I think the club should be called Trafford United.

The only Manchester team is in fact City I think you'll find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I love these match threads. The spastics crying their eyes out trying every little trick in the book to get one over on people.

PUT IN YOUR PLACE!

enjoy MOTD people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Indeed considering United aren't even from the city of Manchester. I think the club should be called Trafford United.

Manchester United FC,
    Old Trafford,
    Sir Matt Busby Way,
    Urmston,
    Manchester,
    M16 0RA,
    UK

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not a United fan myself but I have to say, there's nothing better than seeing them Citeh fools put back in their place. They'll forever be the second team in Manchester

Big club me hole :rolleyes:

Says the Pat's fan.

You know the difference from the City centre to both Old Trafford and City of Manchester Stadium is just over a mile in both cases?

Have to join in the LOL's at Mike Sumerbee as well, what a bitter small time old man he is. Yorkie sitting there cool as a breeze just laughing at him gave me every bit as much pleasure as Rooney's screamer.

"I'm not that into facts, me" - you're not the only one Mike, judging by some of the angry bitters posting here today.:pac:

^^^

Embarrassing.

Manchester United FC,
    Old Trafford,
    Sir Matt Busby Way,
    Urmston,
    Manchester,
    M16 0RA,
    UK

Indeed.

Oldham Athletic AFC,
    Boundary Park,
    Oldham,
    Manchester
    England

By your rationale Oldham should be called Manchester Athletic, or indeed United should be called Urmston United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Oldham Athletic AFC,
    Boundary Park,
    Oldham,
    Manchester
    England

By your rationale Oldham should be called Manchester Athletic, or indeed United should be called Urmston United.

Your just making it worse for yourself.

You know the difference from the City centre to both Old Trafford and City of Manchester Stadium is just over a mile in both cases?

I'm a man who deals in facts and the fact of the matter is City is within the City of Manchester and United are outside, from the borough of Trafford. Ergo Man City are the only team from the City of Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Oldham Athletic AFC,
    Boundary Park,
    Oldham,
    Manchester
    England

City Of Manchester Stadium
    Bradford,
    Manchester,
    England

And by your logic the only team in Manchester should be called Bradford City... Oh wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Tweet of the day about Rooney's goal from @LiterallyJamie (a hilarious fake Jamie Redknapp account)

"Somewhere in a Glasgow bedsit, a drunken ex-pundit is screaming "tek a bow, son" to an audience of empty scotch bottles."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'm a man who deals in facts and the fact of the matter is City is within the City of Manchester and United are outside, from the borough of Trafford. Ergo Man City are the only team from the City of Manchester.

aww look, he's saying "ergo" to try and make it look like he's intelligent.. cute..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kingofpopcorn.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Man United threads get more and more entertaining as the weeks go by. We've gotten to the stage where there is an "argument" about whether or not they are even from Manchester, deadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oldham Athletic AFC,
    Boundary Park,
    Oldham,
    Manchester
    England

What rationale!? WTF are you blabbering on about?

You made a retarded statement, I corrected you, and you make another retarded statement. Well done.

Tweet of the day about Rooney's goal from @LiterallyJamie (a hilarious fake Jamie Redknapp account)

"Somewhere in a Glasgow bedsit, a drunken ex-pundit is screaming "tek a bow, son" to an audience of empty scotch bottles."

I actually thought of him when it went in, I'd have liked to hear his reaction tbh.

Essien wrote: »
    Man United threads get more and more entertaining as the weeks go by. We've gotten to the stage where there is an "argument" about whether or not they are even from Manchester, deadly.

Its a sad reflection on how little ammunition the bitters have as the weeks go relentlessly by with United still top of the pile tbh.

What rationale!? WTF are you blabbering on about?

You made a retarded statement, I corrected you, and you make another retarded statement. Well done.

The point I'm making is that Man City are the only true team within the confines of the city of Manchester.

United, Oldham, Stockport county are all from greater Manchester. Man City are the only team from Manchester.

It seemed apparent some Trafford United fans needed that cleared up..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement