Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs. Manchester City (SS2 - 12.45)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

GET IN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Get in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

United papering over the cracks yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Should have thrown a few quid on that :) Great goal by Nani, best player on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hardly deserved but the game certainly needed a goal. Excellent work from Nani.

• nani you little beauty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Nani 1, city 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

United papering over the cracks yet again

\o/

7 points ahead of second if this keeps up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    looks like there's a hole in Kompanys pocket.

You mean Kolarov. I was under the impression Kompany was playing centre half marking Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nani now beating Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

As they say in GAA, take your points and the goals will come!!:p Hopefully for us anyway this will work

Spot on!! Great goal!!

I <3 nani!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hardly deserved but the game certainly needed a goal. Excellent work from Nani.

Both sides have had Chances, City haven't dominated by any means :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What a pass and a beautiful finish .

The pass from Giggs was poor but Nani's first touch was fantastic. Very cool then when he got in. Great goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

how are utd winning this game? for that matter how are they top of the league?

its dire stuff they're playing tbh

You mean Kolarov. I was under the impression Kompany was playing centre half marking Rooney.

Rooney won the header.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

John O'Shea with the skills! United on fire since the goal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Beautiful from Josh. Nani going to win this on his own it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a goal! Giggs feelings cheeky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I Told yee the goals would come from him :D:D SSweet Great stuff from Rooney and tidy finish from Nani.

What did Rooney do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

BERBA wrote: »
    how are utd winning this game? for that matter how are they top of the league?

its dire stuff they're playing tbh

What game are you watching ???????
    maybe you're watching the wolves match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Rooney won the header.

Actually Lescott won the header, the pressure from Rooney caused it to be a bad one and towards goal as opposed to away from goal.

United a different team since the goal. Shocking stuff before that.

Zabaleta is hopeless.

He's getting a serious roasting by Nani.

He's also getting played off the pitch by him :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The pass from Giggs was poor but Nani's first touch was fantastic. Very cool then when he got in. Great goal.

Beautifully weighted ball for Nani to run onto to and take down and slot it home, great pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

how are utd winning this game?

They've scored more goals than Man City have.
    BERBA wrote:
    how are they top of the league?

They've amassed more points than anyone else.

Do catch up BERBA. Would have thought playing catch up was something a Spuds fan was used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

maybe you're watching last weeks one

for the first 35 minutes they were chasing shadows mate , take off the red blinkers for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Pretty poor game, truth be told. I hope it picks up in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Beautifully weighted ball for Nani to run onto to and take down and slot it home, great pass

That'll be the player of year award then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It was clearly overhit! Nani's touch was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The difference was Nani taking his chance and Silva missing his. This result would be terrific for United if it stays this way. I can see there being some twists before it's over though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

maybe you're watching the wolves match

i'm sure if berba was on, he'd have a different tune ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Dave147 wrote: »
    What did Rooney do?

Did he not win the header that got the ball to Giggs....didnt really see a replay as i was too busy running around my house celebrating :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It was a shocking pass, should've been all on the floor..:confused:

City will probably look comfortable again in the second half and O Shea will score..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Lovely ball from Giggs to set up nani for the goal - and nani yet again showing he's been our best player this year imo.

Hope I am not tempting fate but I think Smalling has done very well so far, as has Sheasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggs Fitness DVD?!!!!! :eek:

I'm gettin' it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Poor enough thus far but going in at half time a goal to the good who cares.

Just threw 20 quid on City at 14/1, good odds considering they can't play for a 0-0 draw now and are going to have to chase the game.

Without Nani Utd would have very little hope in winning this game, he's been instrumental for ye today and all season, fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

dfx- wrote: »
    It was a shocking pass, should've been all on the floor..:confused:

christ all mighty? have you ever actually kicked a ball?

a ball coming out of the air one touch on the half volley into his path and you want it on the floor?

get clue.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Just threw 20 quid on City at 14/1, good odds considering they can't play for a 0-0 draw now and are going to have to chase the game.

Without Nani Utd would have very little hope in winning this game, he's been instrumental for ye today and all season, fantastic player.

City weren't playing for a draw anyway, they came out today to win and have played some lovely attacking football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

for the first 35 minutes they were chasing shadows mate , take off the red blinkers for a minute

How many clear cut chances have city had? Is vds keeping us in the game? No, i thought not:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Good first half, some nice slick passing from Utd. City playing their usual boring defensive football, trying to catch Utd on the break. Some filty tackles from City too. I reckon Utd can bang in 2 or 3 more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A very anxious first 30 or so.......

Grew into the game and a stunning move and goal,hopefully we can hold City early and nick a second to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Devil08 wrote: »
    Good first half, some nice slick passing from Utd. City playing their usual boring defensive football, trying to catch Utd on the break. Some filty tackles from City too. I reckon Utd can bang in 2 or 3 more :D

They are really trying to wind Rooney up.

Devil08 wrote: »

Are you stuck in a November time loop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Sean Wright Philips. Dear god if a team has to rely on him they are in trouble.

Lescott is a joke. £20m for that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I should have started growing out my nails more than a week ago in preparation :( Nerve wrecking game.

• Advertisement

dedon wrote: »

Lescott is a joke. £20m for that??

Expensive halloween mask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

City were the better team in that half, Kompany, Toure and Silva playing well. Had been saying all along that Nani is the most dangerous looking player on the pitch however and sure enough comes up with a great goal. Some seem surprised that City have been as attacking as they were, take Nigel De Jong out and put Milner in what do you expect? Im hoping the heads drop now, as they were looking menacing there.

Also i have been very very impressed with Smalling,his first derby and he is having a cracker,very assured on the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ntlbell wrote: »
    christ all mighty? have you ever actually kicked a ball?

Yes.

I don't see why you're thinking a professional footballer couldn't cushion that ball through instead of blasting it in the general direction of Nani. :confused:

City weren't playing for a draw anyway, they came out today to win and have played some lovely attacking football.

I know that, what I meant was due to the title race, City have to come out looking for a win. Still it's a far fetched bet but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement