Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring loaded saddles

Options
  • 11-02-2011 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anybody got any experience of this type of saddle.Just got a new one for my daughter and she finds it hard to get used to.She feels it bounces her up and makes it more difficult to keep her leg on.Does the saddle settle down after a while?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've never heard of such a thing and google throws up nothing, who makes it and how is it supposed to work?

The point (of riding) is to go with the movement of the horse, not to bounce against it, I can't see how this would ever work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Are you talking about a spring tree?

I've never heard of a spring loaded saddle either and certainly do not see how it would work if it isn't a spring tree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Could spring tree be meant?

Fourth paragraph down

http://www.thejoyofhorses.com/june00/saddleconstruction1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Poppo wrote: »
    She feels it bounces her up

Get a saddler to come and make sure it fits properly!

Springtree or no springtree...if the saddle is bouncing her up, my first instinct is to say that the stuffing needs re-arranging and/or the saddle needs balancing to keep better contact on the pony's/horse's back.

A springtree will flex *a little*, but it should be absolutely minimal and hardly noticeable from the rider's point of view.

Advertisement