Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Bioscience/Chemistry/A Certain Lecturer

Options
  • 11-02-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm having a few problems with a particular Chemistry lab on my course. The write up is taking an insane amount of time, I don't understand how to calculate ANY of the figures, and I'm apparently supposed to use formulae on Excel to calculate more figures, something which we have not been taught to do (use Excel, yes, use Excel for Chemistry, no).
    Most of the workload is down to a certain lecturer who spent the first two hours of the three-hour lab going through safety procedures and the method of mixing salt with water. She THEN informed us of how the lab report was to be constructed, and went on about a load of nonsense that we havn't covered yet and expects it to be in by Monday.

Long story short, I was wondering if there is anyone on the boards who is in second year or above in Applied Bioscience who could explain exactly what it is she is trying to get me to do. Especially if it is someone who has had this lecturer before (if you've had her, you'll already know who I'm talking about).
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

Edited, Defamation of character

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Post removed and Thread locked, such issues should be raised with your class reps and NOT on Boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement