Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking clubs

Options
  • 11-02-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone has every heard of Baking Clubs around the South East? The same idea as Book Clubs.... ie: free and nothing too serious, but where you meet up to share recipes/tips/tasters!

Might be a long shot but would love to know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Wow, that sounds like a great idea. I never heard of such a thing. Did you hear of some in Dublin by any chance OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

To be honest, no, I just thought of it and I assumed that this kind of club/group would be common enough, especially these days when money is tight and we all want something free to do!!!

Hmmm .... bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any but keen to try and start one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I know hugh fearnley whittingstall did it in one of his river cottage episodes. People baked something different and points where awarded for the best dish. That way you get some good ideas and lots of tasting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

You could set one up? If you got enough interest mods might be happy to add a baking club along with the cooking club.

Then depending on where people were from you could run informal competitions every now and then.

Advertisement