Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JobSeekers Allowance - where to go next?

• 11-02-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

I have applied for jobseekers allowance, been interviewed twice and have given them all paperwork etc they asked for.....but what happens next? They haven't contacted me or given any info. as to whether my application has been successful. The level of communication between the various stages and people involved in the application process also seems to be very poor.
    Anyone have a similar experience or just some help they can share as to what the hell do i do now??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I have applied for jobseekers allowance, been interviewed twice and have given them all paperwork etc they asked for.....but what happens next? They haven't contacted me or given any info. as to whether my application has been successful. The level of communication between the various stages and people involved in the application process also seems to be very poor.
    Anyone have a similar experience or just some help they can share as to what the hell do i do now??

Were you interviewed by a social welfare inspector? If its a swi they send on their report to the means decision section of your local area and this is then processed, please remember that there is a high volume of claims to be processed. I would advise you to contact your local swo and ask them what stage your claim is at, in the meantime you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance through your local community welfare officer. Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Demosthenes

yes I was interviewed by an inspector, i suppose it must just be down to volume of applications.
    Thanks for the advice will get onto the office asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You do not say how long you have been waiting but please go to your community welfare officer and you may get an interim payment of supplementary welfare allowance... i am surprised that your local swo did not advise you to do this while you are waiting for your claim to be processed.

Advertisement