Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Dublin Bus Xpresso Changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The regular drivers were handed rosters todays, with a start date of Sun April 3rd.

Any word on whether this is still to go ahead on this date? Considering it's this weekend, I imagine not but I'd be interested in finding out when so I can make arrangements...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Delayed to april 10th due to a rattle getting thrown out of a play pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

They have put up the changes

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Routes-84x-and-184-Timetable-Changes/

I see that the 184 is being cut back on Saturdays and Sundays

On saturdays it is currently every 45 minutes - now every hour

On sundays it is currently every 1 hour - now every 2 hours

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Previously the 184 only had 45 minutes on Saturday and Sunday to get from Bray to Newtownmountkennedy and v.v.

Now it's given an hour presumably to improve reliability. The same number of buses are being used, hence the drop in departures. The Sunday service was every 90 minutes and not hourly as stated above.

The 145 has a new driver roster from the same date which should vastly improve reliability as well, as it will now have far more realistic running times.

Talk about rocking the boat when were so close!
    Theres a drivers vote this Thursday to decide if this gets accepted or not. Happy to say will be out of the country and my mobile will be off.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Great! The new times mean that no bus on a Saturday is likely to make a Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

well folks the new bill was defeated so nought will be happening for another few weeks now back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

karl75 wrote: »
    well folks the new bill was defeated so nought will be happening for another few weeks now back to the drawing board

And so the saga continues. I know most of the people on this thread would be mainly concerned with the 84x / 184 changes but the 145 badly needs a few mores buses to allow it increase the running times and keep to the timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Flyers distributed at stops along the route and on the bus this evening stating new timetable is effective from Monday 11th. For Charlsland it works out as an 84x every ten mins between 07:05 til 08:05.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

bill will be going ahead on monday labour court see nought wrong so it starts on monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well the 184 changed today anyway, which I forgot, and ended up standing at the bus stop for over an hour. No signs or timetables changed that I could see.

Was on the 07.30 84x this morning. It was one of the larger buses. I thought they couldn't be used on the x route since they weren't able to display the destination or something? Much better bus that normal. Hopefully this will be a permanent fixture.

I was on the one that came through Charlesland at 7:15, again it was one of the larger buses. Happy days! The seats are a lot more comfortable.

When you both say 'larger buses' what do you mean? I haven't noticed any diffs...
    Regarding the 184, I saw a man come and replace the timetable at the stop by the Greystones DART station today.

I was on the one that came through Charlesland at 7:15, again it was one of the larger buses. Happy days! The seats are a lot more comfortable.

Morning inbound 'X's then continue to Heuston to join the 145 roster.
    The only problem area reported is southbound at Killincarrig for the tight left turn.

Rasmus wrote: »
    When you both say 'larger buses' what do you mean? I haven't noticed any diffs...
    Regarding the 184, I saw a man come and replace the timetable at the stop by the Greystones DART station today.
    It's a 3-axel bus and takes a lot more people. Seats are more comfortable too.

Odd though that they're not putting them on the evening runs back... It means the capacity in the evening is much lower than the morning services.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

A friend recently found, having missed it at midnight, that this bus no longer waits for its time at Bray Stn.

On inquiry to DB, he was told that it was no longer "timed" at Bray Stn & therefore, just keeps going.

In view of the now earlier timings on the alternative I84 [2300/2200] this leaves a bit of a problem as to when the last bus to GS departs Bray.

Has anybody else had any experiences with this matter recently or heard anything similar from DB ?

I notice the 7.30 bus through Charlesland is now normally the 3 axle bus. I've been on it a few times now and it's rarely more than 3/4 full. In fact today, I would guess at it being half full.

However, if you are on the 7.40 bus through Charlesland (normally one of the smaller, older buses), you are lucky to get a seat once it is on the Southern Cross. It's definitely a busier bus and a busier time.

I know with colleges and schools off at the moment are having an impact on numbers, but you would think they would have the common sense to put the bigger bus on at the busier time. The mind boggles sometimes...

d31b0y wrote: »
    I notice the 7.30 bus through Charlesland is now normally the 3 axle bus. I've been on it a few times now and it's rarely more than 3/4 full. In fact today, I would guess at it being half full.

However, if you are on the 7.40 bus through Charlesland (normally one of the smaller, older buses), you are lucky to get a seat once it is on the Southern Cross. It's definitely a busier bus and a busier time.

I know with colleges and schools off at the moment are having an impact on numbers, but you would think they would have the common sense to put the bigger bus on at the busier time. The mind boggles sometimes...

The tri-axle continues off to Heuston after Eden quay. The tiddler goes back to the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

In other words the tri-axle is then out all day on the 145 while the smaller bus is only used at peak hour.

What bus operates which departure really depends on the entire roster for the day - it's not quite as easy as you might think.

• Advertisement

The 710 through Charlesland was the fancy axel this morning.

Advertisement