Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent reasonably priced hotel

Options
  • 11-02-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a good but cheapish hotel in city centre? Heading to Galway next weekend and trying to find somewhere nice but not madly expensive to stay.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never stayed in one as I live here :) but have a look on lidl-breaks and tripadvisor.
    Others will have more suggestions.
    If you search the forum for "hotel" there will be older threads with suggestions as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Search this forum for the word 'hotel'
    otherwise try lidl-breaks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Thanks Biko. Looked at Lidl already and both their hotels are in Oranmore. How far out is Oranmore?

Oranmore is 10 mins in a taxi, maybe €15-20 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Thanks so much for your help :)

• Advertisement

If B&Bs are an option you can find them on College Road, a lot of them there, less than 10 mins walk into Eyre square.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

A lot of the hotels seem to be booked out on Saturday?

There is a place here for 40 quid / night, you will struggle to beat that i think. This is more like a B&B i'd say (never stayed there) very close to town though, walking distance + if you are coming with train or bus it is really close to the station. If you are driving, parking should be free outside. This was available when I checked just now.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/204813_galway-budget-accommodation-galway.aspx

Enjoy your stay hey

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

You could try hotels on the Dublin road.. The Kingsvalley, Flannery's, Carlton?

My dad stayed in Flannery's a few weeks ago for €50 (it was midweek though)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

Pillo hotel in Terryland. Recently changed from marriott. Lovely hotel. Supposed to have good value relaunch offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

The Huntsman at the bottom of College road. Fabulous rooms, free parking and lovely facilities. Double room and brekkie in the morn is 80 buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Just booked my mam and dad into St. Judes Lodge on college road, it looks really nice and its very close to the city centre. booked them in for the weekend and its only costing €139, which i think is very reasonable.

http://www.stjudeslodgehotelgalway.com/?affid=CR0210

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

xo.mary wrote: »
    You could try hotels on the Dublin road.. The Kingsvalley, Flannery's, Carlton?

My dad stayed in Flannery's a few weeks ago for €50 (it was midweek though)

Not recommended.
    Had family stay there last year(weekend). Carpet in room had plenty stains..and student bar downstairs didn't stop music till 0300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

Had my parents up they stayed in the Menlo Park Hotel. They couldnt fault it. Not sure what they paid for it but they said it was great value

Advertisement