Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest places you've seen political posters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

To be honest, I can't remember him doing one thing for Waterford. So decent or not, this is politics - not a popularity contest. I want someone who's willing to work hard for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

He's a decent man and a decent politician. Unfortunately that's akin to a talented waiter on the titanic.

Websters dictionary defines decent as: marked by moral integraty, kindness, and goodwill.

He doesnt tick any of those boxes for me and it will be a cold day in hell before I believe he is marked my any moral integraty thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysus poor abouttobebanned. Don't mind them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Hey anbody else notice the state of David Cullinanes TEETH!!:eek: Jees they're rotton! The first thing people look at is your teeth. Looks terrible. If a fella can't be bothered to use a little dental hygene and take care of his appearance hes hardly going to take care of much in the dail. Why didn't they airbrush the delf for him?? If that guy came home with my daughter I'd put the run on him ,and take my daughter straight down to Specsavers!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Godsentme wrote: »
    Hey anbody else notice the state of David Cullinanes TEETH!!:eek: Jees they're rotton! The first thing people look at is your teeth. Looks terrible. If a fella can't be bothered to use a little dental hygene and take care of his appearance hes hardly going to take care of much in the dail. Why didn't they airbrush the delf for him?? :D

I guess the shinners don't have great photoshop skills :p

• Advertisement

Godsentme wrote: »
    Hey anbody else notice the state of David Cullinanes TEETH!!:eek: Jees they're rotton! The first thing people look at is your teeth. Looks terrible. If a fella can't be bothered to use a little dental hygene and take care of his appearance hes hardly going to take care of much in the dail. Why didn't they airbrush the delf for him?? If that guy came home with my daughter I'd put the run on him ,and take my daughter straight down to Specsavers!!:D

David's track record speaks for him. He's worked hard in the constituency, and that will be reflected in the elections. It's not a beauty contest - less of the childish nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dlofnep wrote: »
    David's track record speaks for him. He's worked hard in the constituency, and that will be reflected in the elections. It's not a beauty contest - less of the childish nonsense.
    Less of the double-standards, in fairness. We all know you have a man-crush on David but at least try and hide it by saying that Brendan shouldn't be judged by the tit on his poster and by what he has done for people. You mention that you can't remember him doing anything for Waterford but I have a theory that that's because you were too busy whacking off to pictures of David supposely doing hard work to notice. I'm all for respecting people who want fairness in this campaign but please don't apply it selectively to the candidates you support (i.e. you called me out for making an albeit sarcastic reference to the recent history of the Sinn Fein party but don't say a word when people make reference to the recent history of Fianna Fail).

As for Brendan, I'm sure he has done a lot of favours for people and worked hard on behalf of those that approached him for representation but he hasn't really done much work to expand on his group of base supporters. Interestingly, the emphasised and unashamedly big Fianna Fail logo on Brendans poster tells that this campaign in Waterford is one where they're going to try get every Fianna Fail supporter out to vote for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Except for they have kenneallys fat head on them.

Not forgetting his nipple ear.;)

AdMMM wrote: »
    Less of the double-standards, in fairness. We all know you have a man-crush on David but at least try and hide it by saying that Brendan shouldn't be judged by the tit on his poster and by what he has done for people.

No double-standards. I have seen David's work for the community. I've barely even heard of Kenneally. What does that tell you? I know many politicians in Waterford outside of David who are hard workers, and who I respect.
    You mention that you can't remember him doing anything for Waterford but I have a theory that that's because you were too busy whacking off to pictures of David supposely doing hard work to notice.

Very mature. What a credit to your party you are.
    I'm all for respecting people who want fairness in this campaign but please don't apply it selectively to the candidates you support (i.e. you called me out for making an albeit sarcastic reference to the recent history of the Sinn Fein party but don't say a word when people make reference to the recent history of Fianna Fail).

I have no obligation to defend Kenneally. He has member's of Fianna Fáil to do that for him. But I don't remember attacking him like you did David. I don't see any double-standards here at all. Just you - having a go at every opportunity, and then using out of whack logic to defend your attacks on the character of politicians. There's a huge difference between people poking fun at a poster - and people calling into question the criminal history of a politician. If you can't see the line - then that's unfortunate.
    As for Brendan, I'm sure he has done a lot of favours for people and worked hard on behalf of those that approached him for representation but he hasn't really done much work to expand on his group of base supporters.

If I haven't seen his work - then why would I defend him stating that he has worked hard on behalf of his constituents? Surely it would be false to do so. David has helped me, long before I was a supporter of Sinn Féin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Folks, if you can't reply to the thread without getting personal, please don't bother at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

The poster really looks very weird - you would think someone would have noticed this.

Yep the the DC candidate - don't really even want to discuss him, he doesn't have a nipple and breast coming out of his cheek but Brendan Kennelly does.

Have a look the more you see it the funnier and bigger it becomes - crazy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Let me remind you that this is a thread about the resemblance of Brendan Kenneally's ear looking like a nipple - I don't think this is the place for the level of maturity that you are suggesting. Politicians are fair-game come election time as far as poking fun is concerned, seeing as for many, it's the only time they ever see their politicians! I, and maybe others, just wish that you can let a thread which is having light-hearted banter about the state of some of these posters run its course, without feeling the need to come in and defend David whenever someone makes a joke about him!

Let me remind you that this is a thread about the resemblance of Brendan Kenneally's ear looking like a nipple - I don't think this is the place for the level of maturity that you are suggesting. Politicians are fair-game come election time as far as poking fun is concerned, seeing as for many, it's the only time they ever see their politicians! I, and maybe others, just wish that you can let a thread which is having light-hearted banter about the state of some of these posters run its course, without feeling the need to come in and defend David whenever someone makes a joke about him!

You weren't infracted for attacking David. I'm sure the moderator informed you as to why you were infracted. You can attack any politician you like. It's a free forum, and as such - I can defend the said attacks if I like. I'm sure if Deasy or Coffey were being slagged off - you'd be in to throw them some moral support.

Theyre all mad looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

seanybiker wrote: »
    Jaysus poor abouttobebanned. Don't mind them lol

:D I may have opened a can of worms there. Politics really seems to bring out the worst in people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

This thread has given me a good laugh I must say!!!

Glad I'm in the Carlow / Kilkenny constituency where we have no candidates exposing their nipples or requiring major dental work!!!

I think dlofnep may be David Cullinane secretly defending himself though!!!

You gotta think smart to get the boards vote especially if you are pedaling ridiculous economic policies like Sinn Fein are... I think you might have lost Admmm vote though:-(

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

do Ye have any ear-nipples running? Earples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

He's a decent man and a decent politician. Unfortunately that's akin to a talented waiter on the titanic.

Decent?
    Decent only in so far as hes not naked and someone can enter the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Wikipedia dosnt say much about him and even less good about him.

Brendan was born yadda yadda yadda, his dad was a TD yadda yadda yadda

Then:

The Sunday Tribune reports that while a senator, between 2005 and 2007, Kenneally ran up total expenses amounting to €139,189.[3]
    On 3 August 2009, the Irish Independent revealed that Kenneally was one of the TDs with the highest expense claims in Dáil Éireann in 2008. He claimed €73,857 in expenses.[4]

:eek::eek::eek:
    Thats a decent wad o clams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Read somewhere a while ago (I don't buy papers anymore)that tulip \Paudie Coffie was the fifth highest expenses claimer in the Seanad. Anyone know how much or for what? Or how much kenneally racked up during his rehab period there when the people decided not to re-elect him that time. I think we could learn a lot from the Egyptians. These people cannot be touched for their immoral greed and daylight robbery because all this corrupt swindling is protected by their own "Legistlation"- therefore legal.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

deisemum wrote: »
    I would strongly disagree with calling him decent, far from it, he was not a decent neighbour and after what my family and neighbours endured because of him last year I can assure he's hated round here.

I was trying to find the thread where you highlighted the problems you had with him. After seeing it I made sure I told anyone who mentioned him exactly what kind of person he is. He doesn't deserve his own vote. Another fūckin mé féiner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Mé féiner is right.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Merged the additional topic about posters in with the main thread discussing them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 howdo tawdy

wfman wrote: »
    Sully wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with the design of FGs, Labours, Greens or Halligans. Nice designs. SFs posters are fine apart from the point Adam makes. FFs a tad boring, very simple and not eye catching. Joes are tiny and I don't think they are making an impact because there awkward to see (A4) and its not a great design. The photo looks like he had a lot of weight on his shoulders.
    QUOTE]
    Joe tobins posters are terrible.He has a good few up but i think he would of been better off putting up less poster of better quality.He looks a bit like Lillian on shameless just without the glasses.:p
    have to say im disappointed with ur post wfman, we have a limited budget and we are doing our best with what we have. one party have been messing around with our posters and it bang out of order!

as for your comments regarding joe been a look a like for someone out of shameless then i do believe ur candidate is no looker himself with his kilkenny colours

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Somebody has been watching too much Murder She Wrote. Calm down there Jessica Fletcher. I'm well known on boards in person by many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

If you go along the tycor road you'll see a poster of brendan kennealy on a pole in the back garden of one of the houses in Pine Court. It looks like he's half hiding behind the back wall peeping out :D

dlofnep wrote: »
    Somebody has been watching too much Murder She Wrote. Calm down there Jessica Fletcher. I'm well known on boards in person by many.
    I know him. He is David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

one of the guys that has the tash and furry hair, looks like he should be an extra in killinascully.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

emo!! wrote: »
    one of the guys that has the tash and furry hair, looks like he should be an extra in killinascully.

That would be Halligan, some say his policies are from the set of Killinascully alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

HA ha !

some of the kids around where I lived the last time we had on the lisbon thing, put up thier own election posters... they were very funny and some of their policies were better than that of the real ones

Advertisement