Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non allergic dog bedding

• 11-02-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

presume imitation leather plastic nylon type finishes are all non allergic or is it that simple boxer red on front / underside it may be one of a few things but something that was mentioned was allergy to bedding hes on a standard ployester type cushion thing vet said put him on cardboard paper which he wont settle on ( likes his comfort ) so im looking for an alternative this is for inside so sawdust shredded paper or whatever wont work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vetbed gold is hypoallergenic - http://www.bronteglen.ie/bronteglenList.asp?cat=2&subcat=38&name=Super%20Gold%20&%20Senior%20Gold%207+%20Vet%20Bed

Vetbed Gold is not just a bedding - it can help in the treatment of skin conditions caused by house dust mite allergy

Luxuriously thick pile - to keep animals warm and cosy
    Inhibits dust mites - (by preventing dead skin from decaying, it starves the mite)
    Ideal - for animals who are house dust mite sensitive and allergy/asthma sufferers
    Stops the development of bacteria - and fungi-prolongs useful life
    Bactericidal action - means reduced spread of infection
    Stays cleaner - for longer
    Unique protective capability - that remains intact through wash after wash
    Permanently protects -against mould and mildew that cause smells and product degeneration

Vetbed Gold is made with even thicker pile than Vetbed Original, making it an even more luxurious bed for your pet. A safe, odourless, non-toxic agent is slowly released throughout the lifetime of the bed, ensuring a longer, fresher life for your pets bedding.

Bacteria can't survive on Vetbed Gold polyester. It is long lasting, non-irritant, stain resistant and non-toxic. Vetbed Gold is machine washable, quick drying and hypoallergenic. Vetbed Gold has a double woven backing which makes it stronger and harder to chew! Vetbed Gold is safe. Pets love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

+1 to vetbed, my guinea pigs love it! Alternatively I also use layered fleece over a thick towel in winter for warmth when my vet bed is in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hpsheba

+1 as well, Fiona at Bronte Glen will definetly have something to suit and her vetbed is a brilliant product. She has a special on at the moment on her facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

thats made of polyester as well what hes on at the moment is poyester / cotton i wonder will there be much difference will prob have to ring bronte-glen vet said put him on cardboard / paper but he will not settle do they get used to it eventually and just settle down might be better in the long run to just get rid of material for a while and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe something waterproof would be an option? We have one of these out the back for our guy - he likes to sit outside the kitchen when I'm working from home - http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/mattress_dog_beds/145259

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah i would assume that they wouldnt be allergic to that kind of thing back to vet on thursday though so i better take his cushion off him between now and then and see what happens
    she took a few slides from different areas so it might not be allergy at all but i suppose she wants him on the cardboard to see if theres any improvement and rule it in or out

Advertisement