Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini DVs from a US camera

Options
  • 11-02-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Would be grateful for a few pieces of advice. Got married last summer and my sis in law got some lovely video from the day on her American Mini DV camcorder. She was to convert the footage to DVD and send it over.

But.... her camcorder no longer works. So she's sent me over two Mini DV tapes (Mini DV ME 60 DVM60 60/90 Fujifilm).

I need to get them transferred to something I can work with. Two questions:

1) Will the tapes be a wonky format/region cos it's from a US camera?
    2) Could ye recommend a reliable service in Dublin that would convert them to disc for me?

Been meaning to do this for a while but the impending little arrival in a few months (the *next* big thing) is lighting a fire under my ass to get the wedding stuff sorted out :)

Thanks a million,
    Quad

Comments

Advertisement