Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My ban in American Football

• 11-02-2011 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I asked for a ban not long ago due to personal reasons. Frisbee slapped it down as a 6 month ban. I wasn't banned for breaking rules. I was banned under my request as I wanted a personal time out from the site. Now Im being told by Black swan that I have to wait until the ban is over on June 1st.

To say I am not happy about this is an understatement. With the IAFL season coming under the way the American Football section is where I post my teams progress and results from other games and I keep AF fans on Boards up to date with the Irish game.

Can someone look into this please.

Thank You

John

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

FOR THE RECORD FROM PM:
    Black Swan wrote:
    Hi tallaghtoutlaws,
    Your ban began 1 December 2010 and was for 6 months. After that time has expired, it will be automatically lifted; i.e., by 1 June 2011.

If you wish to appeal this, the normal procedure to follow, as outlined in Dispute Resolution on boards.ie, is to contact the moderator that issued the ban (i.e., Frisbee). If a resolution cannot be reached by PM, then you can appeal that decision by going to step two in the DR procedure. This is flowcharted and described here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

Sincerely,
    Black Swan (formerly Blue_Lagoon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Black Swan to be fair that is an email sent after my request and has no relevence here. Frisbee sent that to me letting me know that was his stance.

The problem is here the ban was by my own request for personal reasons. Had you guys banned me for something I did on Boards then I wouldn't be here. I would accept the ban and not be bugging anyone at this point. But the simple fact I asked for the ban for personal reasons.

I should be allowed to come back regardless of what a canned response email says.

Had you guys banned me for breaking the rules then I would agree with you. But the simple fact is I didn't.

Black Swan wrote: »
    FOR THE RECORD FROM PM:

And you didn't send me that pm Frisbee did so I don't know what your game is sticking your name to the end of it?

Edit: I meant the original wasn't sent not the one sent today which led me to open this dispute.

Edit: And I do apologise to Black Swan if thats how she read it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

And you didn't send me that pm Frisbee did so I don't know what your game is sticking your name to the end of it?

FOR THE 2ND RECORD:

That PM quoted for the record that appears directly below your OP is from me, and contained my user name, unlike you claim, and can be verified as coming from me and sent to you if the administration wishes to open this PM link:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=7207421

ALSO FOR THE 3RD RECORD: (Here is where you acknowledged receipt of the quoted post, word-for-word, without alteration by PM):

PM Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=7207437
    I asked for the bloody ban. You guys didnt ban me for breaking rules. I asked for the ban due to personal reasons. This is a joke. Why does it not surprise me that I would fine it hard to get this removed.

Black Swan wrote:
    Hi tallaghtoutlaws,
    Your ban began 1 December 2010 and was for 6 months. After that time has expired, it will be automatically lifted; i.e., by 1 June 2011.

If you wish to appeal this, the normal procedure to follow, as outlined in Dispute Resolution on boards.ie, is to contact the moderator that issued the ban (i.e., Frisbee). If a resolution cannot be reached by PM, then you can appeal that decision by going to step two in the DR procedure. This is flowcharted and described here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

Sincerely,
    Black Swan (formerly Blue_Lagoon)

Guys

48 hours gone by since I asked for the ban to be removed and not a pm from any of you. Any word on getting this lifted. Be nice to have it lifted for the weekend.

Maybe a quick pm back letting me know its in progress or being discussed or you are waiting on someone to say yes or no to it.

Cheers

TO

Black Swan wrote: »
    FOR THE 2ND RECORD:

That PM quoted for the record that appears directly below your OP is from me without alteration, and can be verified as coming from me and sent to you if the administration wishes to open this PM link:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&pmid=7207421

You sent that pm today. And you sent the exact same pm Frisbee originally sent when the ban was given to me. Once again I fail to see the relevance. It was something I already knew and not relevant to what I am asking for. The reason I started this dispute was because you sent me that carbon copy of the original rather than actually discussing it.

The simple fact is that I asked for the ban to be removed knowing all of what was in that email from Frisbee's original. What I want is the ban removed because I don't see how it applies when I was the one asking for the ban. Once again had you guys banned me for something I did I wouldn't be here right now.

Black swan to be honest I would rather you step away from this and let Frisbee who handed me the ban or the cmods or admin to deal with it. Me and you haven't exactly seen eye to eye in the past and to be honest regurgitating something I already know rather than offering something constructive doesn't help the issue at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Black Swan, admins cannot read pm's, even when linked to!

If the ban was by personal request from tallaghtoutlaws, can you let me know the reason or a history on why you feel this ban should not be lifted?

Black swan once again I see you are missing the point of this.

I worked in CS for many years and had I regurgitated something a colleague sent to a customer a few months back when the customer came back asking for something I would get sacked. The customer would also get annoyed for the simple fact they are being told the exact same thing they already knew and it still leaves them with their issue at hand.

I understand black swan that I acknowledged your email but you missed my point and it seems my apology from above. I cant understand why you couldn't send me a quick email that wasn't a copy of the ban saying something like hey I can't do it but email Frisbee and if he can't take it to a cmod etc etc.

It doesn't hurt to send a simple email stating the facts rather than something that looks like and is a canned response that truly doesn't help the issue. Especially when I asked for the ban.

Hi tallaghtoutlaws,
    All forum mods were in agreement to remove the ban and allow you access to the American Football forum per your request. You are asked to review (i.e., there have been minor changes) and comply with our charter, as well as with those guidelines that all boards.ie members are required to follow as stated in the boards.ie Terms of Use ("Terms" which can be found at the bottom of your page).

Silverfish is greatly thanked for representing the administration and facilitating this process. It is further requested that this thread is closed as being resolved.

tallaghtoutlaws, if you have problems accessing our forum, please contact me.
    Sincerely,
    Black Swan

Thank You most appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement