Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glow plug flickering on and off while driving

• 11-02-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a 01 VW Golf 1.9tdi diesel. I was driving home and the glow plug light kept coming on and off while I was driving. What is the problem? Is it still safe to drive? Any suggestons? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

I have the same problem with a 98 caddy van, possible engine management issue. ill have it in the garage tomorrow so if i get it sorted ill let you know what was wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

physioman wrote: »
    Hi, I've a 01 VW Golf 1.9tdi diesel. I was driving home and the glow plug light kept coming on and off while I was driving. What is the problem? Is it still safe to drive? Any suggestons? Thanks in advance

Check if your brake lights are working if they are not its possibly the brake light switch or a fuse which has gone the glow plug light flashes when this happens on vw's

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

taintabird wrote: »
    Check if your brake lights are working if they are not its possibly the brake light switch or a fuse which has gone the glow plug light flashes when this happens on vw's

+1 sounds like a loose tail/brake light bulb or connection. Check you've no shorts across the light cluster panels too

+1 sounds like a loose tail/brake light bulb or connection. Check you've no shorts across the light cluster panels too

possible but from my experience its usually the switch its a common fault with vag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Got it sorted thanks. Brake lights weren't working. Turned out it was brake light switch under the steering wheel. Replaced it myself and only cost a tenner so happy days

• Advertisement

janamarie wrote: »
    Hi mate, I have the same problem with my audi. glow plug keeps on flashing. Maybe i'll check on this one, and hopefully will also work on me. Thanks mate for this advice.

Same thing check the fuse first if its not that its usually the switch

Advertisement