Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Call of Duty

• 11-02-2011 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from the Call of Duty forum for 2 weeks for being a “wind up merchant”. I completely refute these claims and would like to see the ban over turned please. I am unable to quote my individual posts due to the ban but I would like to put forward my case with cliff notes as best as possible.

I disagreed with a post in the COD forum. Naturally enough when there is a difference of opinion a debate can occur. Rather than write long drawn out points I just gave small sharp responses that got straight to the point.
    Apparently this caused unrest with a couple of posters who regularly post there. Despite some personal attacks against me where I was told to get out of the forum and to stop posting I never resorted to abusing other posters. I will admit to resorting to hyperbole to support some claims I was making – this is my only crime imo.

I even went and apologized to a poster who I thought had taken what I had said the wrong way as well as trying numerous times to get the thread back on topic when everyone else was bickering. This can be clearly seen from the thread.

I have no gripe with the Mod who banned me. As far as I am aware he plays regularly with the posters that were in the other side of the debate. He does an excellent job. However it is clear that because of who he plays with it has affected his decision in this situation. I had recently made a complaint to him via pm about a regular poster there. He told me that this guy was a known troll and a bitter person. Although I do my best to ignore this poster I don’t see why he should be given free reign to post offensive pictures and abuse towards me without infraction just because he plays COD with a mod.

In my opinion My ban was harsh considering the leniency that’s constantly showed to other posters (this guy in particular) so for the sake of fairness I'd ask that it be overturned.

Thanks,

Bubbleking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll review this in the morning, bubbleking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

cheers thank you

OK I've gone through that thread (and the 40+ deleted posts from the last 48 hours).

I also got Ade's side of the story (I needed to understand the politics of the clans and the about last night threads).

I understand that he has asked you privately to stop the wind up posts about a month ago, and you agreed.
    Then it flared up again in the last 48 hours (between you and celtic723).

I know you can't access the forum, but if you log out and see where Ade told everyone to cut the crap here. Even the regulars were getting tired of it. You replied to say "fair enough thatl be the end of it as far as Im concerned".

2 days later you're writing stuff like this: "well you post in here and you play on the pS3 so i fail to see your point - or I can see your point its just a hypocritical one maybe". After a couple of snipes back and forth, it all kicks off again (derailing the thread again).

See this post, where Ade went through the reasons why he banned you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you don't actually play with any of the gamers in the About last night thread? The thread was originally created so gamers who had played together the previous night had somewhere to talk about things that happened in those games. As you said, its not a private forum or private thread, but if you aren't playing with any of these people, why are you posting on that thread?

Thanks for getting back to me Mr E.

In relation to my point about "well you have a PS3 and you post in here" it was just in direct response to Magil who questioned my right to post there? I didn't think it was a snide or derogatory comment - more just a statement of fact. Like its a 360 forum and a PS3 player was telling me to get out? either way I apologized to him in a latter post if he took it the wrong way.

Apart from that point after I said I'd cut it out I made loads of genuine attempts to get the thread back on track. Arguably the whole thing had blown over when I received my ban - hats not the point I know

Also I do play with the members who posts there I have at least 5/6 on my friends list who I jump into random games with. I also like to talk about class set up's etc as you can see where me and IPAM were discussing the best alternative to flak jacket just before my ban

We can bash this back and forth for a few days, but what's the point?
    • El Loco Ade warned you a month ago by PM to stop the messing.
    • He warned everyone on thread last week to stop the messing.
    • There were 3 reported posts from 3 different users in the COD forum on Friday - the reported posts were all written by you (incidentally, they were the only reported posts in that forum all week)
    This is cut and dried in my opinion. It's only for 2 weeks. The ban stands.

• Advertisement

fair enough I accept that decision.

However if you throw an eye back into that thread now you can see that the hassle is still going on and the poster responsible seems above any infraction. Iv no problem with my ban it just irks me that double standard moderation is allowed to take place in such an open fashion

Cheers bubbleking. After his last few posts today, I suspect celtic723 will be taking a break from that forum very soon (that's up to the mods, though).

Admins - this is resolved. Please close the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Update as Admin.

Bubbleking has been sitebanned for one month for registering a duplicate account (Rangers4Life) to evade the COD forum ban.

When he returns from his siteban his ban from COD will continue for a further two months. The username Rangers4Life was chosen deliberately to wind up celtic723.

Posted for the record, in case bubbleking returns to this thread at a later date.

Advertisement