Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fr. Murphy AC 5 Mile Road Race and Fun Run 17th March 2011

• 11-02-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Fr. Murphy Athletic Club, in conjunction with Kildalkey GAA Club, announces the running of its traditional St. Patrick’s Day 5 Mile Race around the quiet country roads of County Meath. This year sees the addition of extra masters prize categories for men and women.

Runners, joggers and walkers of all standards are invited to take part in this club-organised, friendly event. The quiet traffic-free roads and welcoming after-event refreshments guarantee that this is a race to be enjoyed and remembered.

For 2011 the event is being run over a new course around the townland of Baskinagh, between Ballivor and Kildalkey.

Details of the course are available here:

http://classic.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/kildalkey/171129707829979165

Online entry is now open, at a cost of €12.00. Entry on the day is €15.00. Online entry is available until midnight on Monday 14th March 2011. Registration on the day is from 12.30pm to 1.30pm in the Community Centre, Kildalkey. The race starts at 2pm.

Enter here:

http://www.runireland.com/events/fr-murphy-ac-5-mile-road-race-and-fun-run

The race encompasses the Meath County Road Race Championships of 2011. Here the top senior men’s club teams in the county fight it out for the coveted St. Brigid’s Cup. The competition for senior ladies and the various masters and other categories is also equally hard.

The Club wishes to acknowledge the cooperation of local Garda, residents, Kildalkey GAA Club and Coillte in the staging of this race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Anyone know what this race is like, flat, hilly, well organised? I've looked at the course profile and it looks to be flat but you just never know:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Pronator wrote: »
    Anyone know what this race is like, flat, hilly, well organised? I've looked at the course profile and it looks to be flat but you just never know:eek:

As Race Director you may take everything I say as totally biased:D

This is a new course for this year. It is largely flat, any change in elevation is spread over a good distance.

Well organised? Hope so, otherwise its my neck on the block. We have been running this fixture for over 20 years now, as the Meath Road Race Championships. We have opened it out as an open event for the last 4 years. Participants have gone from 80 to 150+ so hopefully we are doing something right.

Any more questions post them here and I'll respond as I amble by or email/phone me at the contact details set out on event entry page on runireland.com

Hope you decide to take part in our race.

Shameless bump :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Is this the one with the infamous cakes? Or am I thinking of another Meath race?

littlebug wrote: »
    Is this the one with the infamous cakes? Or am I thinking of another Meath race?

I believe you are referring to Mrs Meade's Home-made scones. Available only at the Star of the Sea Cross Country in September. :D

I'm afraid the only claim to fame this race has is the stunning wit, sharp intellect and lumbering pace of the Race Director. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'll be along to this, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Looks good. Think I might give this one a go

That'll be just the 3 of us then. Prizes all round. :D:D:D

A quick reminder that online entries close at midnight on Monday 14th March. Don't kill each other in the rush now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Is that the same community centre as last year where registration and refreshments are?? Easy to find??

Looking forward to it, excellent race, keep up the good work meathcountysec!

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »
    Is that the same community centre as last year where registration and refreshments are?? Easy to find??

Looking forward to it, excellent race, keep up the good work meathcountysec!

No. This year we are operating out of Kildalkey. Its only about 3 miles from Ballivor. If you keep going out the road the race started on last year you'll arrive there. Take the first left (signposted for Athboy) when you come into the village of Kildalkey and the Community Centre is on the left, opposite the parochial house. Ring me on the day if you need talking in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I might give this a shot, is there a team prize.

heffsarmy wrote: »
    I might give this a shot, is there a team prize.

Yep. Men -teams of 4, ladies - teams of 3

Niceone just entered online. Whats the handiest way of getting there, would heading to Trim be the best option.

Niceone just entered online. Whats the handiest way of getting there, would heading to Trim be the best option.

Aye. you might run into parade traffic if you try to come through Athboy. Of course, it all depends on where you're coming from in the first place. :)

Will be travelling from Dublin....I'm lookin forward to it.

Will be travelling from Dublin....I'm lookin forward to it.

N3, M3 - exit before toll, follow signs for Trim. At Trim follow relief road following signs for Athboy. Turn left before Lidl, left, immediate right, now on Kildalkey road. Into village, turn right (signposted Athboy), community centre on left, opposite Parochial House. Start 800m from community centre, finish 20m.

M4, exit Kilcock, follow signs for Trim, At Trim follow directions as above.

Ok. Its absolutely, categorically and indubitably your last chance to enter online for this fabulous, totally under-rated pancake-flat, charming, sociable, friendly race. Did I mention flat?

Online entries close as soon as I get my email to the lads in Runireland tomorrow morning. Don't say you weren't warned. :D:D:D

Great race today, really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Yep, I'd second that. Great organisation before during and after the event.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olj

enjoyed the race, anyone know when and where the times will be posted

olj wrote: »
    enjoyed the race, anyone know when and where the times will be posted

I do :D:D:D:D:D

Many thanks to all those, particularly boardsies, who came out to support our race today.

Hope to see you all again next year.

MCS

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭7mile

Thanks for the link to the results. Made up 1 place on last year from 27 to 26 but was over 2 min quicker. What's the story? Runners are improving big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

Results here from the Fr Murphy AC 5 in Kildalkey Co Meath today. Great course. Well done to the host club. Photos to follow.

http://meathathletics.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Some quick lads out there today:)
    Good race, nice course. Recommend this one. Well done guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

From the photos, looks like you had a great day (weather wise) and a great crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Some great times there. Sub 27 to get in the top 10 :eek:

What happened Heff? Was there a bit of a dogfight for 3rd?

dermCu wrote: »
    What happened Heff? Was there a bit of a dogfight for 3rd?

Keith had third place secured from about a mile out, I'm only back training the last few weeks, just happy to get my first road race out off the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Keith had third place secured from about a mile out, I'm only back training the last few weeks, just happy to get my first road race out off the way.

Great stuff Heff, thats a top run for someone whos only back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

Hello MCS... Well done to all concerned for a great day. Good numbers, great organisation and we were pleasantly surprised with the route. It was my first run out in a long time and it was made all the more easier with all of the positives the race had. Thanks again

Amended results now available.

Advertisement