Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can I unlock my Nokia 5230?

Options
  • 11-02-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 5230 and I want to unlock it to accept a SIM from a different network. I took it into a shop and I was told that it can't be unlocked yet. Is there any way to find out when I will be able to unlock it? I couldn't ask the guy in the store as his English wasn't very good.

Is there a set period or is it just whenever Nokia decide to release the information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

These can be unlocked, just you need to try a different unlock shop, or ofcourse get it free from your network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Okay thanks, I'll shop around. I doubt my current carrier will give it to me for free as I haven't spent a lot on credit with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Okay thanks, I'll shop around. I doubt my current carrier will give it to me for free as I haven't spent a lot on credit with them.
    I got Vodafone to unblock my phone today so i could put a Meteor sim in.Im a pay as u go and at first they refused to do it cos they said i would have needed to have topped up by €127 in the previous 6 months but if i knew someone with a bill phone from them then they would do it.So i got the sister to ring them and they sorted it. It would have been easier to have rung the FBI and asked them who shot JFK!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mickob16 wrote: »
    I got Vodafone to unblock my phone today so i could put a Meteor sim in.Im a pay as u go and at first they refused to do it cos they said i would have needed to have topped up by €127 in the previous 6 months but if i knew someone with a bill phone from them then they would do it.So i got the sister to ring them and they sorted it. It would have been easier to have rung the FBI and asked them who shot JFK!!!!! :)

You can also do this online at vodafone.ie and they will send you the code. Billpay customers are entitled to 3 unlock codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Davy wrote: »
    You can also do this online at vodafone.ie and they will send you the code. Billpay customers are entitled to 3 unlock codes

I tried it online but it kept coming back as an error.Just to get to speak to an actual humanbeing was an achievement in itself.It only took 45mins for them to pick-up!!!!! :mad:

Advertisement