Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry interent on prepay

Options
  • 11-02-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is it possible to get internet on a blackberry in Ireland using a prepay sim? I'm just interested in internet not pushing emails, blackberry messenger etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Vodafone network are the only network at the moment offering a prepay blackberry service

http://www.vodafone.ie/phones-plans/pay-as-you-go-phones/blackberry/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lloydy123

I'm only going to be in ireland occasionally. Do any of the providers allow you to run off normaly internet data allowance just to access web pages?

thanks

lloydy123 wrote: »
    I'm only going to be in ireland occasionally. Do any of the providers allow you to run off normaly internet data allowance just to access web pages?

thanks

For ordinary webpages using opera or another browser its ok. To use the blackberry services on payg you need to use vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I might swell just post it here, my sister unlocked her BB yesterday and OS now using a meteor SIM in her 8520. Is there anyway she can get FB to work instead if having to go to the mobile web version? That data plan screen comes up.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    I might swell just post it here, my sister unlocked her BB yesterday and OS now using a meteor SIM in her 8520. Is there anyway she can get FB to work instead if having to go to the mobile web version? That data plan screen comes up.

No, dont think she has any choice but to go via the browser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.P.M.

LukeS_ wrote: »

She wont be able to use Blackberry App world or BBM unless she has a Blackberry data package from Voda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

She can use FB by installing Snaptu

Advertisement