Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Landline

Options
  • 11-02-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Alright,

I need a landline number for business reasons.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get or use a number.

For example is it possible to rent a landline number and have it routed to my mobile?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes, it's called line rental.

http://www.eircom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Yes, it's called line rental.

http://www.eircom.ie

.... Real Helpful.

OP, Blueface.ie would be your best bet, they offer VOIP services buy they can provide you with a typical landline number and route it to your phone. Check their website out, I think it's a listed product they have on there.

EDIT: http://www.blueface.ie/business/starter.aspx

Also Vodafone can issue landline numbers too so give their sales a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Apparently Skype do landlines too, but I can't find a simple price list on their website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭bon ami

My experience of Skype & other VOIP services has not been clever. Intermittent service and continuous quality issues which is not great if you are trying to portray a professional image. Try www.kbvo.ie , they will rent you a landline and point it into your mobile , they also provide a range of other services which are useful for small business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

ive used blueface.ie for a few years now. they are excellent. why anyone would use anything else is beyond me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

OP, Blueface.ie would be your best bet, they offer VOIP services buy they can provide you with a typical landline number

But to get this you need Broadband, and to get that you need a landline :confused: I know there is wireless broadband available that doesnt need a landline, but from what I have read up on it, it doesnt seem to be great.

I deduced the best thing to do for me was get Vodafone €35 a month broadband/phone deal. And then if I want a landline pointed at my mobile to use Blueface or Goldfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Nah, it's not a VOIP service so you don't need broadband or a landline.

It's literally a separate service they offer.

You pick a number, they'll route it to your mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I use Freespeech.ie, I paid €20 for set up and €5/month for a "landline". I was given a number that people can call me by, but all calls are just routed through to my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

Thanks for the help, I'm looking at pulling the trigger on the blueface option.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Kersh wrote: »
    I know there is wireless broadband available that doesnt need a landline, but from what I have read up on it, it doesnt seem to be great.
    I'm not sure what you've read, but some of the fixed wireless providers offer excellent services and solutions to this type of scenario.

I assume you might have read about the issues with mobile broadband or wireless broadband, as opposed to fixed wireless broadband (while similar in nature, fixed wireless is far less sporadic and is directly comparable in many cases to DSL solutions). In terms of VoIP services, the lower latency/ping achieved on many fixed wireless networks can actually be far better than a DSL connection. (Obviously it is very much dependant on location, for all services, so there's no 'one size fits all')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

Also Vodafone can issue landline numbers too so give their sales a shout.

What sort of prices would they charge for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

ive used blueface.ie for a few years now. they are excellent. why anyone would use anything else is beyond me :)

WILL NOT WORK WITYH MOBILE BROADBAND JUST TO BE AWARE

I am looking for ther cheaperst landline option for elderly parents.
    They have upc package and have got free to air tv - mobile broadband which is fine ...but they want to keep their landline number ...any ideas of best deal

Advertisement