Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C.V.P Grading

• 11-02-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ahoy blokes :pac:

For the leaving cert i am really hoping to receive a merit in links as i truly need those buggering 50 points as i shan't be counting my maths. But im wondering, how difficult is this to achieve? I know that's a silly question but links seems like such an "easy" subject yet i always hear of folk being really disappointed in it.

Ive done nearly all the portfolio(interview + summery report left) and done them quite well(at least i think) as for the theory i admit i just bull**** my way through as i deem it mostly common sense or bull****tery.
    So i am just hoping to hear your tales and any tips or hints you may have for me and any other curious soul who may be on the board.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I got a Merit it last year. A merit is reasonably easy to achieve, but I distinction is very hard to get.

For the portfolio, once you have all the basic information needed then the next thing to focus on is grammar, spelling and punctuation. They're very strict on those and take away a lot of marks for them. Try to make it look nice. I know tahat sounds sort of stupid but if the layout looks nice they might be more willing to give you marks.

For the written part, it's fairly easy really. A lot is general knowledge but some of the questions are phrased awkwardly. Go throw the exam papers and make sure you look at your case study thing in detail - your teacher'll probably go throught that with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

for the portfolio do you hand up your entire folder from the past 2 years with all your notes in it or just like your cv ,career investigation etc ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

for the portfolio do you hand up your entire folder from the past 2 years with all your notes in it or just like your cv ,career investigation etc ?:confused:

Just the CV, career investigation, etc.
    Put the six documents into a folder and you just hand that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What % do you need to get a distinction, pass, merit etc and how many points are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

BOHtox wrote: »
    What % do you need to get a distinction, pass, merit etc and how many points are they?

Your portfolio is worth 60% and written exam is 40%.
    A distinction is 80-100%, a merit is 65-79% and a pass
    is 50-64%.

• Advertisement
Advertisement