Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Android version do you run?

• 11-02-2011 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

So which version of Android are you running? I'm just doing this purely out of curiosity, I can proudly say I'm on a custom 2.3 :D

So Which Android Version? 127 votes

1.5 or lower
    0% 0 votes
    Stock 1.6
    0% 1 vote
    Custom 1.6
    0% 1 vote
    Stock 2.1
    0% 0 votes
    Custom 2.1
    10% 13 votes
    Stock 2.2
    1% 2 votes
    Custom 2.2
    49% 63 votes
    Stock 2.3
    34% 44 votes
    Custom 2.3
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Android 2.3.3
    GRI39 :) Bleeding edge baby yea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stock 2.2 on HTC N1 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I've tried 2.3 but I'm not a fan of the whole "Vanilla Android", I prefer it to be with Sense (not a fan of launchers), I'm using a Desire HD ROM on my HD2 that should be running WinMo. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Cyanogen Mod Gingerbread for Desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Stock 2.2 but rooted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

On Darkys 9.2 which is based on 2.2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Leo Gingerbread on the Nexus One..

One of the few non themed roms at the moment on a stable enough base, and he seems to work on it 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Froydvillain 1.7.2 on HTC Hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

stock 2.2 on the legend.

I'm finding the phone alot slower than when using stock 2.1. Using the same apps as before but response time has severally lacked since my update, maybe the phones processor is too slow for it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

stock 2.2 on the legend.

I'm finding the phone alot slower than when using stock 2.1. Using the same apps as before but response time has severally lacked since my update, maybe the phones processor is too slow for it??

Over-clocking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

cyanogenmod 7 nightlies.. 2.3 overclocked 1.5mhz min 245mhz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

2.3 with gingervillain 0.9. . .although this thread reminded me to check for an update (which there is) so it'll be gingervillain 1.0 in about 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

I was running oxygen gingerbread rc7 test build but rolled back to froyo 2.2 stable.
    Too many boot loops and then dead batteries

I quite surprises there's only 1.28% of users under 2.1, that's a good statistic, the fragmentation 'problem isn't too bad then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Leedroid on 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Miui on 2.2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I quite surprises there's only 1.28% of users under 2.1, that's a good statistic, the fragmentation 'problem isn't too bad then.

Not a fair representation of most Android users in here though. We all know that it is Android that we are running on our phone, know that it's a Google thing and will be pressing the Update button the moment it becomes available...or before that if we can.

Just running two different stock 2.2's on two different devices myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Running Stock 2.2 on a Galaxy S :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Over-clocking?

Do ye know anyway to correct this? I've seen that there is an overclocking app on the market but is meant to have negative effects on the phone ie, overheating the phone & therefore ruining it

Do ye know anyway to correct this? I've seen that there is an overclocking app on the market but is meant to have negative effects on the phone ie, overheating the phone & therefore ruining it

No that's the risk you take, but I've a profile on my phone so that once the temperature gets too hot it slows down the processor again.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Not a fair representation of most Android users in here though. We all know that it is Android that we are running on our phone, know that it's a Google thing and will be pressing the Update button the moment it becomes available...or before that if we can.

Just running two different stock 2.2's on two different devices myself.

Your right there most of us on here are very 'into' Android especially with the amount of custom ROMs that are on this pole, I suppose there are very few people on this forum who use their Android phone as just a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Breezer wrote: »
    Froydvillain 1.7.2 on HTC Hero

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

Futureshocks MIUI on HTC HD2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

cyanogenmod 6 (android 2.2) on my motorola backflip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

can i get 2.3 through kies now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

No option to select multiple choices?? :confused:
    robinph wrote: »

It is actually though, pre 2.1 update-1 is pretty much obsolete in the real world bar some cheap knock off phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Here's breakdown of OS versions from my Irish Rail app from 14th of Jan until now:

visitorbreakdown.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

angel01 wrote: »
    Running Stock 2.2 on a Galaxy S :)
    Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

I'm currently on 2.2, but once "brunch" is done, if everything went well, I'll be on 2.3.2 I think!

• Advertisement
Advertisement