Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook repair in Sligo?

Options
  • 11-02-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Managed to break off a headphone connector in the socket of a netbook. The broken bit is stuck, so no sound.

Undid a few screws and had a quick look, but that netbook stuff is way too fiddly for hamfisted me. So at the moment I don't even know if that thing has a separate soundcard or if the headphone socket is part of the motherboard.

Question ...anyone know someone who repairs netbooks/laptops regularly where could get this yoke loooked at and repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Most likely all in one board. Try and see if you can change playback device to speakers for now. Should be able to do this by right clicking speaker icon on right hand side of task bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

There is a cafe on the bottom of highstreet - I think it is called I&E, they have a sign in their window about repairs, I'm not sure about netbooks though but check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

There is a cafe on the bottom of highstreet - I think it is called I&E, they have a sign in their window about repairs, I'm not sure about netbooks though but check it out.
    just to be pedantic its market street:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thanks guys ...panic over.

Managed to extract the broken off bit with a 1mm drill bit and a measured dose of brute force and ignorance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Good to hear Peasant.

I'm gonna hijack you thread and ask does anyone know of someone who can solder one pin back on to the sim connector on a blackberry phone. I broke one of the pins when I was changing the LCD screen. D'oh. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement