Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

CrinkElite wrote: »
    It's the way of the future dudes. Get over it.

If that's the case I'm in for a lot of highscores!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kiith wrote: »
    FPS on a PC? With a controller? Are you mad?

:confused:
    I play Splinter Cell on PC with a controller (analog stick is mapped to be much better for sneaking around, vs. pressing W and fiddling with the mouse wheel.

It's fine when guards aren't expecting you, you can take time to place a headshot, but when hell breaks loose I need my mouse to execute clean kills. I tried 3 times to finish the target practice in Double Agent before I realized I was doing it wrong, and picked up my mouse. I went double-over the objective score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Third person games like assasins creed work well on pc with a controller. Some FPS games like mirrors edge work too because you aren't required to do alot of accurate shooting.

But most FPS scream for a mouse. There is no comparison when it comes to speed and accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Jeez... I played the demo on ps3 and it is bloody terrible. The framerate isn't locked at 30 fps, but dips below so sometimes the controls feel quite unresponsive. Second of all the graphics aren't as sharp as i would hope for them to be, and there are jagged lines all over the place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, i just got a demo if steam. after frustration of recovering crysis account.... which i did not knew i even had on new email... i finnaly got a chance to get on the game. now the problem is i dont see any servers!!!

it says 1.2.0.0 version. any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Notorioux wrote: »
    Jeez... I played the demo on ps3 and it is bloody terrible. The framerate isn't locked at 30 fps, but dips below so sometimes the controls feel quite unresponsive. Second of all the graphics aren't as sharp as i would hope for them to be, and there are jagged lines all over the place. :(

Yeah, it doesn't feel very smooth when you're moving the camera around. Hopefully it'll improve on release.

I still enjoyed playing it though. Graphics don't bother me too much if the gameplay is good.
    I'm really hoping for a good single player experience. Might wait to hear overall opinions before buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

lads, i just got a demo if steam. after frustration of recovering crysis account.... which i did not knew i even had on new email... i finnaly got a chance to get on the game. now the problem is i dont see any servers!!!

tried to play the demo last night had the same problem

Scram wrote: »
    tried to play the demo last night had the same problem

I found a thread on crysis forums: demo is closed.

I love how steam got a huge banner saying: try demo now!!!!

Feckers... Allmoust 2gb download wasted...

I found a thread on crysis forums: demo is closed.

I love how steam got a huge banner saying: try demo now!!!!

Feckers... Allmoust 2gb download wasted...

jesus it didnt last long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

PS3 Demo got pulled by EA because it was so bad, i didnt even get a chance to download it but had the Xbox demo and it didnt click with me. Will wait for the full release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

PS3 Demo got pulled by EA because it was so bad, i didnt even get a chance to download it but had the Xbox demo and it didnt click with me. Will wait for the full release.

Where did you hear that it was because it was so bad. True it wasn't perfect but I was still enjoying playing it. All though I haven't been playing a shooter in a while

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Where did you hear that it was because it was so bad. True it wasn't perfect but I was still enjoying playing it. All though I haven't been playing a shooter in a while

EA said they are pulling it to sort out the issues so its ready for launch. Didnt get a chance to play it myself when i went to download it, it says not available on your account googled it and found the EA comment.

It's out next Friday isn't it? Not much time to fix anything!The graphics weren't all they were cracked up to be. I was under the impression that Crysis was the best looking shooter of all time :D Gameplay was good though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

+1

Really stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Final game ships with DX10 support no DX11, and no advanced graphic features.

No sandbox editor. Commands through console dont work either.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Final game ships with DX10 support no DX11, and no advanced graphic features.

No sandbox editor. Commands through console dont work either.

So wait. A benchmark in pc graphics. Legendary butcher of gaming pcs is now a console port for pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

So wait. A benchmark in pc graphics. Legendary butcher of gaming pcs is now a console port for pc?

DX11 and sandbox are meant to be released later on, but still! Frustrating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Got a dispatch notice from Asda earlier today. I was strongly considering cancelling the order... looks like that train has sailed.

10-15 days time is the delivery estimate. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Fnz wrote: »
    Got a dispatch notice from Asda earlier today. I was strongly considering cancelling the order... looks like that train has sailed.

Same here but from thehut, going by dragon age delivery time itll be next monday ill be expecting it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

weiland79 wrote: »

Looks like it may not be so cut and dry for the final version of the game, some SP campaign footage from the PS3 version has leaked out.

Warning: Skip the first minute or so of the video link to avoid plot spoilers (And be ready to skip another cutscenes later in the vid).

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/03/20/crysis-2s-final-build-proves-crytek-correct-ps3-version-is-solid/

• Advertisement

if and when sales of the game arnt up to there expectations , the head of crytech will turn round and blame the leak for [insert problem with crysis 2 here].

I did get to play the MP demo from steam for 5 mins it seems good.

Sad that the only PC game worth upgrading for is now just another port.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fnz wrote: »

I got a 'Payment declined' email there on friday from ASDA. I updated my expired to a new card and since the website it acting really buggy/weird I haven't been able to get them to sort it. Keep getting 'error 500' on the website when I update my card details. So frustrating. Delivery from asda has never been that bad for me at all. Gotta ring them up and get them to sort it out asap now.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Looks like it may not be so cut and dry for the final version of the game, some SP campaign footage from the PS3 version has leaked out.

Warning: Skip the first minute or so of the video link to avoid plot spoilers (And be ready to skip another cutscenes later in the vid).

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/03/20/crysis-2s-final-build-proves-crytek-correct-ps3-version-is-solid/

Saw this vid earlier looking much better in fairness, but its really hard to judge on a small youtube screen. Will have to wait and see.

PS : the guy playing it is pretty bad "Press X the grab ledge" and he looks at the ground then runs back and looks at a door lol !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Saw this vid earlier looking much better in fairness, but its really hard to judge on a small youtube screen. Will have to wait and see.

PS : the guy playing it is pretty bad "Press X the grab ledge" and he looks at the ground then runs back and looks at a door lol !!

Must have been Dara Ó Briain playing. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So is this worth paying full whack for?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So is this worth paying full whack for?

Well it's only out today so stay tuned. The MP demo was an underwhelming CoD 'em up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Out today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

5uspect wrote: »
    Well it's only out today so stay tuned. The MP demo was an underwhelming CoD 'em up.

Ya wha?:eek:

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Out today?

Not in Europe. Us 22 , us 25th

Advertisement