Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So is this worth paying full whack for?

God yes, Xbox360 1080p i've never seen anything like it (including Gears, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3) its flipping stunning and I was a serious doubter. Didn't think they would pull it off but they shut me right up, stunning colours, lighting, textures, animation and smooth. Great game too, good concepts and approaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

had been playing on unfinished pc code for the last while, and really didnt think much of it, but it looks like the finished 360 version has really upped the ante. havent had much hands on with it yet, but plan to get right stuck in tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

8/10
    from Eurogamer anyway, which
    bodes well.

Helix wrote: »
    had been playing on unfinished pc code for the last while, and really didnt think much of it, but it looks like the finished 360 version has really upped the ante. havent had much hands on with it yet, but plan to get right stuck in tonight

I played it last summer on Xbox and it was garbage you couldn't turn around without the screen jumping all over the place. Also played the multiplayer demo and didnt think much either but didnt give it much of a chance. Got stuck into the solo campaign and was blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

anather review, gametrailers. 9.1

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-crysis-2/712014

looks not bad to be honest. got it preordered, so i will be flying it on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I do hope my PC copy from ASDA arrives on/before Friday.

It's a bit disheartening that most of the reviews are coming from the Xbox360, and not PC. But I believe they delayed the release of a review copy of the PC version so as it wouldn't get leaked. Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I played it last summer on Xbox and it was garbage you couldn't turn around without the screen jumping all over the place. Also played the multiplayer demo and didnt think much either but didnt give it much of a chance. Got stuck into the solo campaign and was blown away.

i do like it when games undergo such massive improvement during the development cycle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Since I may not be picking up 3DS now due to low funds, I may just pick this up this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156893p1.html

Some details about the PC version.

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156893p1.html

Some details about the PC version.

there is comparising video. and in all fairness xbox version looks really darn good.

i presume my pc would handle crysis 2, but i am getting it on xbox. kind of love living room gaming lately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Still debating XBOX or PS3.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Still debating XBOX or PS3.

easy: where are moust of your lads on?

for me: its xbox, damn bastords cant buy pcs.... :D

but seriuosly, i am getting xbox version, becouse few best friends play it on xbox. if they would all play on ps3... well i would get ps3 version :D.

if that is not an option... then... well... controls? i prefer xbox controler to ps3 one. driving and fps is just better for me.

as for graphics, they said 2 versions will be indentical....

ps3 version is shockingly poor

360 one all the way

they said 2 versions will be indentical....

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will hold off till Friday when i get to see it on PS3 i've already made too many assumptions and been proved wrong about this game for one year :D

I will hold off till Friday when i get to see it on PS3 i've already made too many assumptions and been proved wrong about this game for one year :D

good call, i am just worried that i will be eaten alive in gamestop on friday by5 year old monsters... its that fames parents milking day sponsored by nintendo....

good call, i am just worried that i will be eaten alive in gamestop on friday by5 year old monsters... its that fames parents milking day sponsored by nintendo....

You will just have to battle your way through, wear your Gary Glitter costume should clear a path to the desk lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ps3 version is shockingly poor

360 one all the way
    Preliminary comments from Digital Foundry seem to confirm this. Oh dear. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Crytex themselves said they were getting better performance on the PS3 version, and theres a few sites supporting that claim and more saying its better on the 360.

Personally not really bothered as its not a game i'll be picking up anyway but wouldnt suprise me if crytex were lying through their teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Seems like the reviews trickling out at the moment indicate the ps3 final build is more or less identical to the 360. Good news i guess.

• Advertisement

bugs wrote: »
    Seems like the reviews trickling out at the moment indicate the ps3 final build is more or less identical to the 360. Good news i guess.

gameplay wise it is

visually its not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gameplay wise it is

visually its not

Have you played both version ?

Magill wrote: »
    Have you played both version ?

i have

crysis-2-2.jpg
    crysis-2-1.jpg

couldnt find anything comparing the cloak effect, which looks absolutely abysmal on the ps3. they obviously had some issues with transparancy on the ps3 front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Wow yeah, the PS3 version is indeed "shockingly poor", they obviously had issues with the hyperbole effects too. :rolleyes:

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Wow yeah, you the PS3 version is indeed "shockingly poor", they obviously had issues with the hyperbole effects too. :rolleyes:

have you seen all 3 versions running in real life with your own eyes?

Well we all know it looks best On pc.

I have to admit it looks really well on consoles. I just hope there wount be much of frame rate issues on console versions..

have you seen all 3 versions running in real life with your own eyes?

No but I'm going by the pictures you produced as evidence.

• Advertisement

That's a comparison the multiplayer demo. It's been pretty well verified a this stage that the final build of the PS3 version is vastly improved. It's been mentioned a few times on this thread already.

Not having a go at you, but this console comparison stuff gets very irritating at times. People obsessing over a couple of frames dropped, or aliasing or whatever. The games plays the same on both consoles, and basically looks the same.

And actually I did play the demo on both consoles, and you know what, I didn't notice a difference in them, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to notice a difference on the final build.

Advertisement